The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Taken a break (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18300)

smokincracker 06-07-2006 08:43 AM

Taken a break

Brothers

All things considered
I just wanted to drop a note and let you guys know where I have been.
I heard about all the BS concerning us not coming to contests so I figured I would set you guys straight.

We made a decision to compete from September thru March as the temps cool down in FL and we decided to limit competition to 10 contests a year
Just trying to keep from getting burnt out!!! savin our livers!
I realized that if I didn’t pay closer attention to my business, wife, kids etc. that I was going to cause my self some big headaches. Also with the price of fuel and other related expenses we decided to stay closer to home. I know you guys have been all broke up about me and Doug (ARMYMAN) not showing up to contests but we are still here so see you guys in the fall!

This is our tentative Florida contest schedule for 2006-2007

Date location contest miles from home

Sept 22-23 Grant KCBS 115
Oct 27-28 Kississimee FBA 42
Nov 10-11 Key Largo KCBS 217
Nov 17-18 Plant City KCBS 73
Dec 31-1 Felda KCBS 71
Jan ???? Sebring FBA 0
Feb 2-3 Wauchula FBA 29
Feb 9-10 Winter Haven FBA 41
Mar 2-3 Okeechobee FBA 53
Mar ???? Clermont FBA 71

Smokin Cracker
Jimmy
www.smokincrackerbbq.com

The_Kapn 06-07-2006 09:32 AM

Gotta respect a man with a plan.
Great priorities Jimmy.
Thanks,
TIM

nmayeux 06-07-2006 10:46 AM

Yeah, we just missed you. I have wanted to really get serious this year, but those damn priorities. Good luck though in the fall.

Sawdustguy 06-07-2006 02:44 PM

Sounds good to me. Similar story here. We will do five contests this year. I don't think I would want to do anymore. It's a hobby to me and costs a pretty penny to compete ($100 meat and $150 to $250 to enter the contest) without our own food, beer and gas money. I don't want to go broke going to contests and I do have a family to support. I understand totally Brother Cracker. You don't have to explain anything to us. Your doing whats right for you, your family and business.

icemn62 06-07-2006 03:11 PM

That is the bad portion of life, priorities keep getting in the way.

Jeff_in_KC 06-07-2006 03:12 PM

I am also even considering dropping to 6-8 contests for 2007. This is fun but definitely tiring. And things at home tend to not get done like they should. We're in the middle of a 4 contests in 6 weeks stretch. That's just nuts!

kcquer 06-07-2006 03:15 PM

Jimmy, it's alway great to hear from you. Sounds like you have things well planned. Just because you're not competing this time of year doesn't mean you can't post Bro!! Don't be a stranger!!

Solidkick 06-07-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcquer
Jimmy, it's alway great to hear from you. Sounds like you have things well planned. Just because you're not competing this time of year doesn't mean you can't post Bro!! Don't be a stranger!!

I agree! Don't be a stranger.....you know you're an honary (or is that honrey) MoFo! Check in when you can!