CL Weber rotissiere score!

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Never-used, "about 5 yrs. old". It's been sitting in their basement collecting dust (as seen in pics). The seller also has an OTS (not for sale) he hasn't used in a few years cuz the gasser is "quicker and easier, but I know charcoal-cooked food tastes better". :tape:

I think it was a wifey order to "clean up the basement". Atta girl, wifey!

No box or manual. I checked the online manual for some instruction, especially re: counterbalance usage, but it was this part of the instructions that left me scratching my head:

6. The rotisserie shaft should rotate so that the heavy
side of the meat or poultry rotates down to the
bottom.
:shock::confused::shock:

Any clarity on that would be appreciated.

Price was firm at $85. I didn't mind. :wink:

Sitting on the dusty daisy wheel redhead...

the weight goes on the end of the handle. that black cap with the loop unscrews. the weight goes between the end piece and the handle. when putting in the rod you try to center the mass as best you can. then you put the rod with meat into the ring. leave the motor off of the bracket at this time. let the meat settle, the heavy part will settle to the bottom. now you position the weight to the opposite postion, up, and tighten the end piece. you move the weight up and down till you get the best balance you can. some say they never use the weight. i don't recommend this. the motors have a plastic gear that can go bad quickly. i also recommend that you take the motor apart and tighten up the electrical connections and lube the shafts with just a touch of oil and put some white lithium grease on the gears. this is due to things i have found on the motors.

Back