The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Brethern at the Jack not cooking (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70474)

rweller 10-09-2009 08:15 AM

Brethern at the Jack not cooking

I know a while back there was a thread for brethern that was going to the Jack but not cooking. Is there going to be a meeting place to get together for a meet and greet. Time? Place? if so. Thanks

DMDon 10-09-2009 08:43 AM

My wife talked me into going, so will fly in on Fri and back out on Sun. Never been before, so let me know where to meet. KC Bobby and Big Creek Jeff are driving out also.

blues_n_cues 10-09-2009 08:46 AM

we're headed down that saturday for the festivities. i'd say look for brethren banners or familiar pits lol.

maxwell7 10-09-2009 09:25 AM

jack

Where is the Jack Daniel's invitational?:confused:I just realized that forum member RWeller must be a neighbor of mine here in Beardstown. We're only 15 sq. blocks.

Jorge 10-09-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell7 (Post 1050165)
Where is the Jack Daniel's invitational?:confused:

Lynchburg, TN

The Giggler 10-09-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMDon (Post 1050117)
My wife talked me into going, so will fly in on Fri and back out on Sun. Never been before, so let me know where to meet. KC Bobby and Big Creek Jeff are driving out also.

We spoke briefly about this at the Royal. If you're making the trip down, are you guys still interested in blocking for turn ins for Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars? If so, we could use a few extra hands.

Jorge 10-09-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Giggler (Post 1050175)
We spoke briefly about this at the Royal. If you're making the trip down, are you guys still interested in blocking for turn ins for Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars? If so, we could use a few extra hands.

If they don't wear the cape and crown I'm calling a party foul.

The Giggler 10-09-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 1050178)
If they don't wear the cape and crown I'm calling a party foul.

You would!

The question I have is whether you will be bringing any of that Opa's Jalapeno Sausage with you? I used that in a Low Country Boil this summer - dee-lish.

KC_Bobby 10-09-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Gig - I'd love to, but I've already been asked by the Pickled Pigs. I played pit biatch and box runner the day they earned their Missouri bid.

I can't speak for Don but I'd guess he'd rather be doing something rather then sitting around. (I'm sure he'll be back on here shortly)

DMDon 10-09-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

H yes, I'm all over that. I don't think the cape and crown will be making the trip though.

Scottie 10-09-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Giggler (Post 1050180)
You would!

The question I have is whether you will be bringing any of that Opa's Jalapeno Sausage with you? I used that in a Low Country Boil this summer - dee-lish.

easy now.... Don't be cutting into my girls stash... :eek:

The Giggler 10-09-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMDon (Post 1050215)
H yes, I'm all over that. I don't think the cape and crown will be making the trip though.

Just bring your good mojo, brother! (I wish I would have had the chance to taste the chicken and pork. The ribs and brisket were awesome at the AR). All right, you have officially been named a BBQ Allstar! Welcome to the Circus.

With Bobby running for Pickled Pig, we could still use another blocker to run the wedge with Don. We pledge bbq vittles and cold drinks.

musicmanryann 10-09-2009 11:22 AM

I wish I could come down with ya'll, but I am completely, absolutely, and hopelessly out of vacation time. Have a safe trip and a great time!

rweller 10-09-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell7 (Post 1050165)
Where is the Jack Daniel's invitational?:confused:I just realized that forum member RWeller must be a neighbor of mine here in Beardstown. We're only 15 sq. blocks.

Hey maxwell17, I live just South of Btwon in Shady Grove estates. Do you do any Comps? They just had the Backyard one at the elks right? I was at the Royal last weekend so I missed it. I mostly Judge but have helped a team at a few comps.

Any one have a meeting place, say Friday evening some time? I think Sat. will be to crowded from what I understand. This is my first tim there.

dmprantz 10-09-2009 12:09 PM

I could probably run for some one if you still need....