The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Restraunt Depot (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75649)

Cast Iron Chef 01-07-2010 12:16 PM

Restraunt Depot

I joined KCBS among other things to get a Restraunt Depot membership. I went into the Las Vegas store last night and was not able to obtain a membership. I had the access code and my ID. After a while they found the code and gave me a temporary card and said to use that number each time and get a temp card. This is not a problem but it would be nice to get full membership. I'm sure I am the only one to ever walk into RD in Las Vegas with KCBS. Is there something else I can bring in to help this. This is not a complaint and they were nice but is was difficult. Thanks for your help.

Bbq Bubba 01-07-2010 12:25 PM

Tou got a card, your good?

Stoke&Smoke 01-07-2010 12:27 PM

I brought the issue of the Bullsheet that it was pointed out in. They said it was in Carolyn Wells name, and my card says Kansas City Barbeque, but it's permanent. Took a little explaining, but they eventually figured it out

Warthog 01-07-2010 12:29 PM

They need to give you a permanent card. It is all one account "Kansas City Barbeque". I think they do not know how to do it properly.

Cast Iron Chef 01-07-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 1136910)
Tou got a card, your good?

No card just a temporary pass.

BBQ Grail 01-07-2010 01:00 PM

Did they spell your name correctly?

landarc 01-07-2010 01:16 PM

Cast Iron Chief

Cast Iron Chef 01-07-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1136961)

P-a-u-l :-D

dmprantz 01-07-2010 01:42 PM

This reminds me of a Snickers commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3gYApfUsaQ

dmp

swamprb 01-07-2010 01:53 PM

Call KCBS and let them handle it!

I took the Bullsheet article along with my KCBS memeberhip card and though it seemed like a hassle, the RD folks were just uninformed. They gave me a permanent card and were very happy to do so and looked forward to having more people involved. They even asked to make a copy to have on file.

Jacked UP BBQ 01-07-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1136961)

thats funny!!!:eusa_clap

Cast Iron Chef 01-07-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoke&Smoke (Post 1136912)
I brought the issue of the Bullsheet that it was pointed out in. They said it was in Carolyn Wells name, and my card says Kansas City Barbeque, but it's permanent. Took a little explaining, but they eventually figured it out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warthog (Post 1136915)
They need to give you a permanent card. It is all one account "Kansas City Barbeque". I think they do not know how to do it properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamprb (Post 1137019)
Call KCBS and let them handle it!

I took the Bullsheet article along with my KCBS memeberhip card and though it seemed like a hassle, the RD folks were just uninformed. They gave me a permanent card and were very happy to do so and looked forward to having more people involved. They even asked to make a copy to have on file.

Thanks, I'll try bringing in the Bullsheet article, use Carolyn's name and see where I get. After that I'll call KCBS.

LindaM 01-07-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cast Iron Cheif (Post 1137095)
Thanks, I'll try bringing in the Bullsheet article, use Carolyn's name and see where I get. After that I'll call KCBS.

If you are still having a problem send [email protected] an email. He is the one who worked out the deal, he has contacted a few of the stores and straightened out the problems. It is a communication thing with their corporate. Try telling them to contact their corporate office.

Jeff_in_KC 01-07-2010 08:46 PM

Seems we (KCBS) could send a letter to the folks Gene worked with and request they forward to all the RD stores and "educate" them each on this benefit to our members. Shouldn't be THIS difficult to get memberships. Sounds like RD just doesn't have good communication with their stores on this type of thing.

speedrcer1 01-07-2010 09:10 PM

Not yet a KCBS member, but I would join just for the RD membership. I did not see this on the KCBS web site.
Anyone have a firm confirmation on this?
(There is a RD 5 miles away)

(late edit): I joined anyway. I love this stuff!

Peteg 01-08-2010 08:26 AM

Anyone know what issue that was in?? I must have missed it. That's sweet. Or if there is a copy of the article online that would be great too. Thanks, Pete

Jaybird 01-08-2010 08:32 AM

Got my permanent cards here in Arizona.

NRA4Life 01-08-2010 08:34 AM

I showed my RD a copy of the Bullsheet and she didn't even look at my KCBS membership card. She wasn't aware of the RD/KCBS agreement, but she didn't hassle me on it and I got my membership cards.

Stoke&Smoke 01-08-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peteg (Post 1137871)
Anyone know what issue that was in?? I must have missed it. That's sweet. Or if there is a copy of the article online that would be great too. Thanks, Pete

http://kcbs.us/discount_program.php#rdepot

Peteg 01-08-2010 09:32 AM

Thanks Stoke&Smoke!

Cast Iron Chef 01-08-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedrcer1 (Post 1137504)
Not yet a KCBS member, but I would join just for the RD membership. I did not see this on the KCBS web site.
Anyone have a firm confirmation on this?
(There is a RD 5 miles away)

(late edit): I joined anyway. I love this stuff!

When you get your sign in for the website it's on the Discount tab. Also in the Bullsheet news letter. I toured the place this week and really liked it. Like a Sams Club for big people.