Weber Genesis S-320 Stainless Steel Cleaning Help!!

R

RandyG

Hello, just picked up a genesis on cl after looking for a long time and it was rougher than I originally thought.Needs a good cleaning, its got a few rust spots on the stainless and inside it looks like alot of oxidation going on and just alot of grease residue. Burners work fine but need a crossover tube and of course flavor bars. Just looking for some suggestions on attacking the rust on the stainless surface and cleaning the inside firebox. It's a 2008 model with a side burner, hope I didn't screw up, thanks!!:doh:

Attachments

• IMAG0255.jpg
    IMAG0255.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0256.jpg
    IMAG0256.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 42
Okay so my family raised me on homemade BBQ pits, and I've never owned a gasser, nor has anyone in my social circles... or family... blah blah blah. So I have NO IDEA how to help you, but it seems many others are coming up short as well, at least by the view count. I did find this: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105524&highlight=weber+genesis+cleaning

That's what I got from searching "Weber Genesis Cleaning." Not a whole lot on the search from those keywords really, but hopefully this will help you.

I'll say this much, as far as grease goes... just burn it off. The rust, not really able to do much for you, as I've not experienced it on anything other than my COS, and I usually just sand it off and then I oil coat it until it starts looking bad again.

You can use scotch bright pads to spruce her up, but I wouldn't break a sweat over it. A good hot burn with a piece of foil on the grates will get her hot enough to burn all the grease off.

Thanks, have it apart right now to replace crossover tube but will run it hot when I get it back together!!:wink:

Back