***RE-VOTE..."Corn Meal" Throwdown...VOTE***

Who should win the "Corn Meal" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The old VOTE thread for Corn Meal will be deleted, and this one will take its place. A late entry was made by BobBrisket and both of the other contestants agreed they would like to have his entry included in the voting.

So without further ado...

It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Corn Meal"[/size] throwdown!
Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]big brother smoke[/size]
big_brother_smoke.jpg

[size=+2]thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye.jpg

[size=+2]BobBrisket[/size]
BobBrisket.jpg

Nevermind...........

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta admit, that cornbread looks mighty good. It has my vote this week.

Thanks for allowing me in fellas. Didn't mean to cause a stir. Thanks again.

Bob

I am glad Bob was allowed in. Everything looks very tasty. Have to stick with Thirdeye

This was a tough vote.

There is something to be said for a perfectly done traditional-style cornbread in a cast iron skillet, BobBrisket, and that's what got me. It is clear why you became part of the competition. The cheese shows a flair for creativity, though purists might scoff.

thirdeye combines a tasty coating with a pasta side that adds color and looks absolutely scrumptious! The presentation is near-perfect. The golden hue is perfect!

big brother smoke has a pair of ocean scallops in his presentation that almost tipped my vote to him. When I lived on the Va. coast, I knew a waterman who brought home burlap bags of scallops right off the boat. Oh, they were so good -- literally like eating sweet candy. BBS's whole presentation reminds me of New Orleans and Cajun food, too -- another plus.

Bob that corn bread looks fantastic..... now if you send me some ......:wink:....

:-DThanks again everyone. Don't know if any of you use bacon grease instead of butter for coating the cornbread pan..............I highly recommend it. I saved the other half of the bacon grease and used it like you'd use rum in rum cake. When it was close to done, I poured the grease all around the edge of the CB and let it soak into the edge. Let's just say the edge had the most incredible flavor!!!
Bacon rules!!!

I find that the best pictures always are taken on the grill! Maybe it is my obsession, or the natural beauty of food pron! They all look great!

I find that the best pictures always are taken on the grill! Maybe it is my obsession, or the natural beauty of food pron! They all look great!

It's funny, when the Throwdowns started I looked back through a bunch of my ond pictures and figured I was taking about 25 pit shots to every 1 plate shot. I like the outdoor lighting and sometimes you can catch a cool whisp of smoke or a nice shot showing the coals.

Now I think I'm doing about 25% plate shots. I think they are harder.

Here's my strategy.......stand very still(human tripod mod), point, click and hope for the best. Then, hit delete and try again cause most are usually blurry. I don't take pics if I have had a few beers, cause then all of them are blurry, or maybe it's just my eyes.:lol:
One thing I have noticed is that the outside light is much better. The indoor light turns the pic yellow, white, or makes for lots of shiny spots/glare.

I had to get a tripod. My pics improved big time once I did that. Unfortunately, that is also the same time I went on a diet and started running these threads, so I haven't had any good chances to use the new tripod for the throwdowns. It is well worth the cost.

Back