Iowa BBQ TOY results

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had the Iowa BBQ society banquet this past weekend. Here are the results for Team of the year. As you look over the catagories, keep a running total in your head as to who will be Team of the year.

Team of the year awards, a team had to cook in at least 4 of the 11 Iowa contests this year. We took each teams 4 highest scores from the contests they cooked in to tabulate the Team of the Year points. Here are the results.
Chicken
1 Smokin Clones BBQ 680.0002
2 4 Mile Smokin Crew 667.4284
3 Shotgun BBQ 659.4288
4 If you got em Smoke em 655.4282
5 Grumpy Old Farts BBQ 654.8572

Ribs
1 4 Mile Smokin Crew 666.8572
2 BBQ Council 661.1426
3 Meadow Valley BBQ 656.5712
4 Grumpy Old Farts BBQ 654.8568
5 Dry 2 Da Bone 649.7140

Pork
1 Smokin Clones BBQ 669.7142
2 4 Mile Smokin Crew 669.1426
3 Dry 2 Da Bone 662.2860
4 If you got em Smoke em 656.0000
5 Meadow Valley BBQ 645.7140

Brisket
1 Meadow Valley BBQ 660.0000
2 4 Mile Smokin Crew 652.0006
3 Shotgun BBQ 649.1424
4 Grumpy Old Farts BBQ 645.1430
5 Dry 2 Da Bone 642.8570

Overall Team of the Year
1 Smokin Clones BBQ 2614.2858
2 4 Mile Smokin Crew 2597.1426
3 Meadow Valley BBQ 2594.8556
4 Dry 2 Da Bone 2572.5704
5 Grumpy Old Farts BBQ 2549.7140

Nice job on the Ribs, Ray.

That 4 Mile team sure hit the scene hard last year. We say them kick butt at Marshall, MO and then Des Moines, IA. Clones are always solid. That man can cook!

Thanks for the update, Ray! Congrats on the rib finish. Congrats to the Clones!

Great job Ray.

My brother and I are debating which of the Iowa comps to do this year, not sure if we'll get 4 in Iowa though. Right now we're looking at Waucoma, Waterloo and Dubuque. Heard La Porte may have a non-sactioned cook the night right after Waterloo, if so I'd bet we're doing both of those. Pack up, drive 20 miles south and do it all again.

Great job Ray.

My brother and I are debating which of the Iowa comps to do this year, not sure if we'll get 4 in Iowa though. Right now we're looking at Waucoma, Waterloo and Dubuque. Heard La Porte may have a non-sactioned cook the night right after Waterloo, if so I'd bet we're doing both of those. Pack up, drive 20 miles south and do it all again.

Marshalltown is fun... Mason City...

I'm sure Todd would tell you to do the 'Quelossal!!!

Great Job on the ribs Ray!

Great job Ray.

I did Waterloo and it was a good contest and I would go back. Dubuque was one of the better contests that I did last year. I for sure will be back at Dubuque whenever they announce it...

scottie

I did Waterloo and it was a good contest and I would go back. Dubuque was one of the better contests that I did last year. I for sure will be back at Dubuque whenever they announce it...

scottie

Are the Tres Hombres of Yankee, Scottie, and Rod doing a third round of the Qlossal in 2008? Probably my second favorite contest behind my home town.

We usually decide about Wednesday of comp week. So maybe check back with us the first week of June... Let's see, the contest is June 6th, so check with us on June 4th...

If we want to get any of Steph's tamale's, we'll be heading back... :roll:

I do agree that Qlossal is a lot of fun. I just wish I took better notes on the first place ribs that we turned in. But we still had our pork police assisiting us and I was a bit distracted... Personally, I think Rod did that on purpose (inviting her to hang around), so me and Steve wouldn't pay attention... Well, maybe I shouldn't speak for Steve, but I know it was distracting for me.... I'm easily distracted though by fine looking pork police... :biggrin:

We usually decide about Wednesday of comp week. So maybe check back with us the first week of June... Let's see, the contest is June 6th, so check with us on June 4th...

If we want to get any of Steph's tamale's, we'll be heading back... :roll:

I do agree that Qlossal is a lot of fun. I just wish I took better notes on the first place ribs that we turned in. But we still had our pork police assisiting us and I was a bit distracted... Personally, I think Rod did that on purpose (inviting her to hang around), so me and Steve wouldn't pay attention... Well, maybe I shouldn't speak for Steve, but I know it was distracting for me.... I'm easily distracted though by fine looking pork police... :biggrin:

We had an 80 year old dude. :cool: Not distracting.

Steph was sporting some kick butt tamales, fo sho!!! That Chi Town beef was pretty good, too.

Since the 'Quelossal is not a normal KCBS competition, I'd like to hit it up to judge or something - just for the experience and to see what it's all about before competing in it.

We have family in Waucoma and La Porte - so those locations mean access to good showers within a very short bike ride. :biggrin: And we all know that's a good thing in July and August.

Well, maybe I shouldn't speak for Steve, but I know it was distracting for me.... I'm easily distracted though by fine looking pork police... :biggrin:

Maybe you should send him a Tom Brady Fathead to loosen his lips. Or threaten to put a Brian Urlacher fathead on his trailer while he's asleep:cool:

Someone at the Royal this year tagged his trailer with Cancer Sucks! stickers... don't know who would of done something like that...

Maybe you should send him a Tom Brady Fathead to loosen his lips. Or threaten to put a Brian Urlacher fathead on his trailer while he's asleep:cool:

Is there an inside joke or story here that could be shared with all the Brethren???? :lol:

Just curious.

TIM

I like State center Iowa, great contest and I can not go this year. we have our 125 year town thing on those dates. Darn,

Now Mason City is a good contest, and Marshalltown both are solid contests. the one Scottie said sounds good. I am sure this one is awesome to the Quelossal. But the Huron south dakota contest is on that date. Hurons is just down the street from the house so you know where I will be then.

Back