Commerical BBQ In Minnesota

markgerickson

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Greetings from NW Minnesota. I own a bar and grill and we do a little bbq. In my kitchen we have a cookshack 250. I am wondering about legally using my cookshack 300 trailer model as an outdoor cooker as main smoker for my kitchen. I am hoping to regain the space under my hood for an additional fryer and broaster. Looking for some insight what others in MN have seen dealing with health department and using outdoor cookers.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry no one has responded.

I do on-site catering with an FEC 100 in the Cities. Health department is so different even in the same state. I would check with them.

I know a place down here (Qfanatic) asked about doing outdoor pits (even NSF approved) and the HD wouldn't let them.

Either way sounds like I need to bring the MN BBQ tour up to visit.
We just started the tour in the cities here, and getting great responses.

Best luck

Hi Mark,

Sorry no one has responded.

I do on-site catering with an FEC 100 in the Cities. Health department is so different even in the same state. I would check with them.

I know a place down here (Qfanatic) asked about doing outdoor pits (even NSF approved) and the HD wouldn't let them.

Either way sounds like I need to bring the MN BBQ tour up to visit.
We just started the tour in the cities here, and getting great responses.

Best luck

I'm pretty sure Qfanatic was using his Ole Hickory comp tailer to prep most of his food on up until recently.

Tell me more about the MN BBQ tour!

Sorry I hadn't seen this earlier. There was a place in Chisago City by the Twin Cities that smoked their meat in an outdoor trailer pit, they were really good too. They just couldn't get enough customers and folded after a year. I have also seen vendors using trailer pits at outdoor festivals.

HI Mark,
I can't speak to what you are talking about, but my knowledge of Fertile is a headline in the paper about a car accident that read "Fertile woman dies in Climax". For those of you not from the area, Climax is a town near Fertile.
What's the name of your establishment? I will stop in next time I'm in the area.
Curly

Last edited:
Pbj that is hilarious.

If either of you are in the Cities this summer, try to stop by the Mound or Golden Valley farmers market's. I will be slanging pp Sammie's, and other goodies.

Back