Wood Properties

Bludawg

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Every week or so I see posts on what wood or is this wood OK In an attempt to debunk and inform I present you with this Chart as a down loadable attachment.

Attachments

• hard wood properties.doc
    16.9 KB · Views: 167
First word told me it couldn't open because the file is corrupt, then it asked if I wanted to recover the document, and I clicked yes, then the file opened.

Opens fine on Linux using Libre-Office. Thanks for posting that.

I'm surprised that box elder is so different from the maples listed since it is just another species of maple. It was also interesting to see slippery elm listed. I wonder how close that is to American Elm. I took down a large American Elm last year after it sucumbed to Dutch Elm disease. I was wondering if that would be any good for smoking. I guess there's one way to tell.

This list won't "debunk" anything as it lists almost all wood known to man.

There is already a "smoking" wood list in the Brethren Roadmap i believe.

Was able to open it, hope you don't mind but converted it to PDF so that the folks having problems with it might be able to see it. Thanks for your post Bludawg!

Attachments

• hard wood properties.pdf
    32.9 KB · Views: 44
Opened just fine with Open Office.org Now anyone can reinvent the tree. :rolleyes:

You are missing a number of the citrus woods. *I* know they are OK, but maybe some of the younger brethren do not.

Was able to open it, hope you don't mind but converted it to PDF so that the folks having problems with it might be able to see it. Thanks for your post Bludawg!

The original opened for me but the last column "fragrance" was cut off. The adobe seems to be an abridged list but has the same info for the woods listed.

I noticed the title is Firewood Qualities, not Smokewood Qualities. There are several woods on the list I wouldn't use to cook with.

Back