• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need help to find a replacement grate

JMT64

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
My dad left me his charcoal grill 10 years ago. It's a Century Series from the Birmingham Stove and Range Co. I've been searching for a replacement for the grate that is finally about to fall apart, but no success, as it's very large (27" x 14") and one piece. I'm hoping that someone can help direct me to someone who can help find a replacement. I don't have a picture of the grate itself now, but it's got lever-handles on each end to raise or lower the grate. Cast iron.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMAd4JIzUplbr2rHGgUEAQcNQuk8hPYrlFZi2xK

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNevuZkNfTBzMlMjqXvpNszkEZaIM-ySX2uDTOX

Google photos never seem to work here.

It has nothing to do with ‘here’. The link above are not a link to a publicly accessible picture. Those links won’t work for anyone that doesn’t have permission to view them.

JMT, the second set of links work fine. The Google links would also work if they were made public. I can edit the first post to change out the links.

Your best bet would be to take the grill (or good measurements) to a local fabricator. They should be able to make you a solid grill grate for a good price. I did this about 6 months ago and it's still holding up perfectly...much better than the original grate.

By the time you're done with shipping and handling of a heavy metal grate you're probably going to be in the same ballpark as if you just had a new one fabricated.

Good luck!

I can help you with it. Just shoot me a pm with the size and I’ll get a price for you.

Thanks, guys. I had a feeling I would get some leads here. :wink:

If expanded metal grates will satisfy you, you can order them cut to custom sizes by metal fabricators you can find online. That’s what I did for my smoker, for less than $100. But they’re in the std expanded metal diamond shape, which you might not like for your purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGrimbo View Post
Here's my smart A** answer:

Check Google
Uh, yeah...did that, extensively. That's why I'm here.

But it was funny

That is a great looking grill..all aluminum, last FOREVER!!! Your grandchildren will use it. Enjoy.

Oh... one suggestion? Get it made in two pieces so you can lift one out to tend the fire for an indirect cook without disturbing the meat.

Back