Meatball Subs and White Bean Salad.

JazzyBadger

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So I decided to make some meatball subs awhile back, but we've been staying pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to post them. These were done sometime last month, I believe the week before Thanksgiving.

Started off with some bread I keep in the freezer from homemade loaves.
DSC04053.jpg

I toast them, chop them down in the food processor, add some eggs , basil, garlic, onion, and oregano.
DSC04054.jpg

Then I throw in some pork and beef that I ground down:
28682e47-0d87-4013-ba52-f7e474153bc8.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

DSC04057.jpg

Form them into meatballs:
DSC04058.jpg

Then I put them in the fridge to firm up, and start up Lil' Spidey.
Once Lil' Spidey gets up to temp I start throwing them on in batches:
DSC04060.jpg

Here's some of the end results!
DSC04062.jpg

While those were cooking I started up the sauce. Used some tomato sauce I had canned up; threw in some salt, pepper, basil, oregano, marjoram, and thyme along with some mushrooms:

DSC04082.jpg

I had some dough rising in the oven, and once the sauce started cooking I shaped the hoagies and let them do their final rise:

DSC04085.jpg

After baking:
DSC04088.jpg

Combined it all together, and had some white bean salad on the side:
DSC04092.jpg

Thanks for looking.

So Jazzy Gerbil Land is how far from me?????

I'd be there as quick as I could for some of that

Looks fantastic! I'd like more info on the bean salad too please!!

Oh heck yeah those look good! Tell us about the white bean salad.

Looks fantastic! I'd like more info on the bean salad too please!!

It's a pretty simple side all things considered. Some diced tomatoes, pressed garlic, diced grilled onions, and EVOO with some random herbs. I believe that had basil, and marjoram; I feel as though I put something else in there, but can't remember for the life of me what it was; it was definitely not oregano though, I felt it'd be too strong. White beans of course as well. Cooked them up in the pressure cooker, took out a big serving spoonful's worth and mashed them up a bit into a paste, then mixed everything together. I put the whole mix into the fridge and let it chill, serve it cold.

The herbs you can just do whatever with. Depending on what herbs you use in the rest of your cooking and the like. It's sort of like salad dressing, whatever sounds good more often than not tastes great.

Back