Want to start roadside BBQ

jstasikgc

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I'm looking to start a roadside BBQ in Bucks or Montgomery County Pennsylvania. I'm looking for any info and short cuts with dealing with the board of health.
Thanks Joe:mod:

There are no shortcuts, although I am not local to those areas. What I have found is that dealing early, and often, with the HD, and being straight forward is the best way to avoid snafus. Almost nobody wants to be a grinch, and to be honest, if you are straight forward, most government types will try and help you.

I have gone through inspections in this county and they are very very intense. The inspector opend my fridge and inserted a thermometer in the center of a case of briskets, it was 42*...even temped the tap water..do it right

I have gone through inspections in this county and they are very very intense. The inspector opend my fridge and inserted a thermometer in the center of a case of briskets, it was 42*...even temped the tap water..do it right

We had one pull out a hotdog from the fridge once and temp the hotdog.
I had one crazy lady (at a vending event) temp the fire, yes you read it right, the Fire of my pit. I told her "Mam, It's fire" It's going to be plenty hot! She said "just wanted to make sure"

Want to start roadside BBQ

No you don't. :wink:

Theres a ton of threads on this site about roadside BBQ. Look back at my posts from 4 years ago when i got started.

If you do a lil reading all your answers have been already laid out for you.

Good luck!

Been there done it you have to have a great low rent high traffic spot and suppliment with catering. I have lotts of things that sold well let me know if you want some tips.

Been there done it you have to have a great low rent high traffic spot and suppliment with catering. I have lotts of things that sold well let me know if you want some tips.

Still doing it? How long have you or did you do it? Come out ahead??

If government decides my career field isn't in their budget, I may be following down this path.

Back