• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

looking at a primo grill

Primo and Egg are both nice. But since you asked get a Pit Barrel Cooker and a Chargriller Akorn. You will have about 700.00 dollars left over for meat and beer. Or just beer. Yep that's it. Beer

I preferred the new one at home depot. I just got one, it's gray and comes set in a cart/table.

Edit: It's 30$ more than the Lowe's one ($329.99)

I will go to home depot and look the price is great if it cooks good Thanks more beer

Yeah, as great as the bge is, after reading into it, i personally prefer the kamado joe and primo, especially in the xl sizes.

But ya, I would also recommend getting an akorn and maybe a wsm or pbc.

I preferred the new one at home depot. I just got one, it's gray and comes set in a cart/table.

Edit: It's 30$ more than the Lowe's one ($329.99)

I can't seem to find it listed online on Home Depot's site. When did they start carrying this?

The Primo is a super fine kamado. I'm a fan of them as well as the Kamado Joe and Big Green Egg. Out of the three, I think the Kamado Joe is the best bang for the buck because of it's price point. As far as cooking is concerned, I don't think there is a dime's difference between the three.

The oval shape of the Primo XL sets it apart. Of course that all depends on your budget. If you are tight for money, the UDS + chargriller option is not a bad way to go. I have a Primo and big daddy smoker (UDS). When I am smoking low and slow, I use the UDS. The Primo is used more for grilling these days, but works very well for smoking too.

looks like a bge ????. Thank for all the in put new to a egg I am a stick bunner

Unfarking believable %$#@

"if your tight for money?"

I used to have a BGE for years and personally and while it made good food, it was terrible at making chicken. No matter what method I tried, it just not do a good job with chicken. I ended up selling my BGE and got a Char Griller Akorn, which I thought performed better and also made great chicken. About a month ago, I bought a used Traeger 070 pellet grill and I haven't found the need or desire to fire up the Akorn.

I haven't tried the Primo, but if you're stuck on a Kamado style cooker, the Akorn is a good performer. But, if you have the budget for a Primo, you might take a look at pellet grill instead.

Back