The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Does anyone need any help at the American Royal???? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135852)

LondonBBQBird 06-14-2012 08:22 AM

Does anyone need any help at the American Royal????

Hi :grin:

Here's the idea - partner and I are heavily into BBQing in the UK and after visiting the American Royal in 2010 we made a promise to try and return to help out in any way possible and join a team to experience the atmosphere and goings-on that goes with competing.

We are both willing to get our hands dirty, bring some beer and basically have a good time. Nothing seedy though lol :mrgreen:. We are both mid 30's hold full-time jobs in the medical sector, but our passion is BBQing.

We are not looking to steal secrets, or get paid, nor do we need boarding. We are self sufficient, easy going and would love the opportunity to meet and spend time with others who have the same BBQing interests as ours :clap2:

If you are you willing (or mad enough) to give us a chance - we wont let you down - so please get in touch.

Cheers :becky:

esselle 06-15-2012 09:15 AM

Hi
I don't know if you compete yourselves in the U.K. but check out the International BBQ network site www.ibqn.com there either is already, or is going to be a scheme in place to do exactly what you're asking. You can even compete yourselves for a chance to go to the Royal and the Jack.
Good Luck.

Scott.

LondonBBQBird 06-15-2012 05:02 PM

Hi Scott - many thanks for the info I am checking it out as I type lol.

Regards Donna

Rub 06-15-2012 09:21 PM

I know someone who will be looking for help, I will point him to you.

Sent from my Swamp HD using Tapatalk 2

Bentley 06-16-2012 08:40 AM

If nothing else works for you, your welcome to come hang out at the Pelletheads.com site for the weekend. We are a large team, consisting of Members from all over the country...(we have a couple of Members in England) that are getting together for the 3rd year to cook. We will be in the North Lot, probably space 071.

We cook on all pellets, so if you are of the Mind set of Johhny Trigg, you probably wont want to associate with us, but if nothing else works the invitation is open!

Outnumbered 06-16-2012 08:49 PM

Don't know that we really need help since this is our first AR experience and we have 3 cooks already, but would love to have you all hang with us. You don't even have to bring beer, but I do love me some London Pride bitters.

I live in the KC area, so if you need any help on accommodations, places to eat, general directions or anything else, please don't hesitate to drop me a PM.