2nd Try at Chicken - PR0N

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Here are the best six. Only three I consider to be presentable in a comp. Skin was perfectly bite-thru.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 287
Looks pretty good to me. Size and color consistency are some things to consider.

wallace

The 2 in the middle and the 2 on the right look great. The left ones are obviously sized different. It may be tough, but with the size of those thighs I would try and get 9 in a box if you can. The judges really seem to like 9 thighs in there.

Were these the best six or the only six that you cooked. Most competitors cook 20-30 thighs and then pick out the best 9 and box them. Evenly sauce them so that they look like you can't wait to taste them. As a judge that is how I view and then score them on presentation. They have to be calling my name and saying, "You really do want to taste me".

The 2 in the middle and the 2 on the right look great. The left ones are obviously sized different. It may be tough, but with the size of those thighs I would try and get 9 in a box if you can. The judges really seem to like 9 thighs in there.

To get 9 in a box, each thigh has to be pretty damn tiny, do you usually put 9 in?

Were these the best six or the only six that you cooked. Most competitors cook 20-30 thighs and then pick out the best 9 and box them. Evenly sauce them so that they look like you can't wait to taste them. As a judge that is how I view and then score them on presentation. They have to be calling my name and saying, "You really do want to taste me".

I cooked twelve. There were three others that were nicely trimmed - two had tong marks in the sauce, one had a hole in the skin. I think I need to practice my finishing technique.

The more you're able to get in there that look the same the better off you'll be. Many good boxes still do well w/ 6 though if they look to fill the box more than any green you've got in there.

Back