Beef Short Ribs and Sweet Potato Fries (lots of pics)

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My better half went Christmas shopping tonight, so I was on my own for dinner. That means meat and potatoes to me, but I decided to give it a little twist.

Beef Short Ribs

BeefShortRibs00001-1.jpg

BeefShortRibs00003-1.jpg

I mixed up a marinade of soy sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, red wine vinegar and spice rub. Into the refrigerator for about 3 hours.

BeefShortRibs00004-1.jpg

When I took them out, they got a heavy shake of my favorite spice rub and onto the Mini UDS at 265*

BeefShortRibs00007-1.jpg

BeefShortRibs00008-1.jpg

While the ribs were cooking, I peeled some sweet potatoes and ran them through my handy dandy freedom fry cutter.

BeefShortRibs00005-1.jpg

Par fried them at 300* for about 15 minutes.

BeefShortRibs00009-1.jpg

I drained them then hit them with some flour and Tony Cachere's Extra Spicy Cajun Seasoning. Next, I fried them again at 375* for about 5 minutes 'til they got nice and crispy.

BeefShortRibs00010-1.jpg

BeefShortRibs00011-1.jpg

BeefShortRibs00012.jpg

When the internal temp on the ribs hit 185* I took them off. They were so tender and juicy, I only wish I had someone to share them with. Oh well, her loss!

BeefShortRibs00013.jpg

BeefShortRibs00014.jpg

Holly molly that looks great.. what type of oil did you fry the potatoes with ??? got to try that recipe

Ever try to give those fries a shake of cinnamon instead of salt?

Outstanding looking meal, love them short ribs for sure.
Did you get that fry slicer at Gander Mountain?

A buddy of mine has a BBQ restaurant and serves his sweet potato fries with a caramel/cinnamon sauce...they are great!!!

YES sirrreeee!! nice ribs!! WHAT?? Twice fried sweet fries? You floured them??

As Dan would say, " YOU SIR ARE MY HERO!!" DAN!! there's someone else that double flour their fries!!! ( I found out thats one of the ways to keep them buggers crispy! Nice job!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

NICE!

Did you save her any leftovers?
.....errrr......WERE there any leftovers?:heh:

Back