Who would be up for this?

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
$300 a team. Chicken and ribs. Public blind judging. 10 team max. $1500 1st place $1000 2nd place $500 third place. I have the spot in NJ to do this. We could expand to more teams, it would just make the prize money go up!

Why, do you have a new and improved chicken recipe that you want to try? :roll:

If I was closer I'd do that...

Why, do you have a new and improved chicken recipe that you want to try? :roll:

If I was closer I'd do that...

Nope my chicken still sucks!:tsk:

Just thought it would be cool and a great time to party with a small amount of teams and the money would be worth it.

Nope my chicken still sucks!:tsk:

Just thought it would be cool and a great time to party with a small amount of teams and the money would be worth it.

Let's do it at DC or Lake Placid then I am up for it!!! :thumb:

Anjd trust me Matt, my chicken sucks as well. Everytime I think I have tweaked it the right way, the judges bomb me. So it's no wonder why I make a terrible judge... I just can't judge chicken as well as them!!!

...public blind judging...
How are they judging?
Do they get a quick lowdown on 1-10, or 2-9, or is it "vote for your favorite"??

just askin'...

I would do a vote for your favorite. Every judge would get a rib from everyone and they could pick the best one out of the group. We would use comparative judging. It would be subjective and comparative just like most comps, but we would be straight forward about it. Kind of like a people choice I guess.

We would do a raffle 1-10. That would determine who gets to turn in first, we would have a five minute turn in time window say team 1 12:00 team 2 12:05, and so on. We would have the judges take notes and give comments on every rib they try so they cannot forget the flavors. I have a trial score card for that they would use.

Sounds like a good time!
I'm not ready for the competition end of it, but I could handle the roll as a judge or a helping hand.

to bad that you aren't a little closer, i might entertain it :p:p

If you end up doing this, let us know how it turns out. Looks like Ron would be up for it, I know I would be... maybe there's a few other MoFo's out there that we could do our own version, Midwest-style, as a beta test?

Thats what I'm talking about. If everyone can throw what they believe would be a great date, I will shoot for it. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

My thoughts are, how about 10 dollar entry fee with no more than $10 per category. Since we're up against inexperienced judges I think we should keep our expenses low. Just saying :doh:

Northeast seems to be a bunch of whimps!

actually we are poor wimps... :roll:

I have to agree somewhat with Frank... $300 is a bunch o' cash... but $10 is not enough...
but if I were to find a suitcase full of money or a winning lottery ticket, I'd be there to whoop all y'all... heheh ... :first:

but... now you got me thinking... rib bet in Roc City ???? hmmmm...

My thoughts are, how about 10 dollar entry fee with no more than $10 per category. Since we're up against inexperienced judges I think we should keep our expenses low. Just saying :doh:

This is straight up ribs and chicken, creativity will hurt you here, like in a grilling comp where they expect bbq salmon. $10 chicken would win, and if ribs were cheaper they would also win. But you already know this.:tape:

The dark and dangerous side of high stakes BBQ. Will this be in an abandon lot behind a warehouse. If so I am in!! If not I'm still in

I was asked by a ski resort to help organize a grilling contest on June 19. We can work with that as well.

Back