GBA: Pork Loin Glaze

hogzgonewild

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
GBAer's,

I'm still trying to get a wrap on pork loin.....Do you guys glaze with a BBQ sauce, like a sweet sauce used for chicken and ribs, or do you guys use an actual "glaze" that is more clear and thin?

Also, would you say it's more of a fruity profile? I cant seem to get peach, apple, or apricot out of my head when thinking about a glaze for pork loin.

GBAer's,

I'm still trying to get a wrap on pork loin.....Do you guys glaze with a BBQ sauce, like a sweet sauce used for chicken and ribs, or do you guys use an actual "glaze" that is more clear and thin?

Also, would you say it's more of a fruity profile? I cant seem to get peach, apple, or apricot out of my head when thinking about a glaze for pork loin.

It's bbq...treat it like you treat everything else. Loin is more about the cooking than the sauce.

From a judges perspective, I've seen sauced and unsauced come across the table; savory, sweet, etc. The top 3 every time have 1 thing in common; they're cooked to perfection, tender and moist, not dry, not tough, and not mushy. This is easier said than done, because what goes in a clamshell often is different than what's judged 15 minutes or so later...

I've seen heavy thick, and very thin. I dont know of any one profile that seems to do better than another.

as Hance said, tenderness is the key. hitting that small window between undercooked & overcooked is vital. A lite glaze that compliments the pork & smoke flavor does well. you are on a good track with peach, apricot. Just don't overdo it.

Back