• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fatty!! Pig Candy!! Pecan Pie!!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got your attention yet?

So I'm cooking some stuff today, and I have some sausage. So naturally that means a Fatty.:becky: I also have some bacon, so naturally that means Pig Candy.:thumb: Oh, did I mention there's Pecan Pie?:hungry:

Anyhow, all this is on the smoker now, but I have some pron of the prepwork for all you pron preverts.

Here's the Sausage ready to be rolled up into a fatty. Oh, there's the...:eek:PECAN PIE!:eek: Don't let it touch the meat!:scared:
PecanFatty1.jpg

...then again, maybe if I let them touch just a little...
PecanFatty2.jpg

I'm liking where this is going. Think I'll add a little more goo to fill in the gaps.
PecanFatty3.jpg

I better get some of that crust in there...
PecanFatty4.jpg

All rolled up. A few pecans are trying to stick through though.
PEcanFatty5.jpg

I made a bacon weave to wrap around it to help hold it all together, and then sprinkled the classic pig candy rub of brown sugar and cayenne on the bacon weave. Unfortunately...I was so caught up in the moment I forgot to take pics. I would take the camera outside and get a pic of it on the smoker, but it's raining outside.

Oh, my wife came home while I was wrapping this in the bacon weave, so she had no idea it was anything other than just a fatty. After it was on the smoker, she saw what was left of the pie. She said, no yelled, "You ate half the pie while I was gone"?:mad2: I said, "No dear, honest, I've been a good boy and have not had any pieces of pie at all".:pray: So she asked where it went, and I told her she probably didn't want to know. Then she figured it out and said, "You put it in the meat???":crazy: And then said, "I'm not talking to you for the rest of the day, you are making me sick".:sick:

Wow. I should have thought of this YEARS ago!:thumb::heh:

It's cooking now. I like to cook LIVE! That's right...no cover-ups or conspiracies here. You get to see the real thing after each attempt, successful or not!:laugh:

I haven't even peeked. I'm afraid to disturb it!:shock:

Haven't you heard of an umbrella...take some pics, I cant wait to see this pecan pie fatty! I have thought about using cooked apples in a fatty, but pecan pie....oh yea!

Where's the pics? This sounds crazy..... and delicious. Was it a success or are you at the ER getting your stomach pumped?

Anticipation, anticipaaaation, is making me wait.......:cool::clap::wink::cool::biggrin:

OK, here's a current shot of it on the smoker!
PecanFatty6.jpg

Now I have to start deciding whether or not to hit it with some BigButzBBQ Sauce or not...

Speaking of BigButzBBQ, thanks for the Frogmat (as pictured above)!:thumb:

OK, here's a current shot of it on the smoker!
PecanFatty6.jpg

Now I have to start deciding whether or not to hit it with some BigButzBBQ Sauce or not...

Speaking of BigButzBBQ, thanks for the Frogmat (as pictured above)!:thumb:

Oh man, that is looking good! How does it smell? Glad that you're the one making the sauce call :laugh: Those Frogmats sure do come in hand. :becky:

Oh man, that is looking good! How does it smell? Glad that you're the one making the sauce call :laugh: Those Frogmats sure do come in hand. :becky:
It smells INCREDIBLE out there. Absolutely amazing. There's some spares down below, just in case the fatty wants to leak down on them!:becky: You know the smells from fatties, and spares, and pig candy? That's what it smells like. I can't smell the pecan pie though, probably because it's all on the inside.

I think I'll go no sauce for this first attempt. Depending on the results, I might try again and add some sauce. I could always dip it in sauce later too!:thumb: In fact, that is DEFINITELY on the agenda!:heh:

I think I am gonna be sick, once the finished pictures get posted.

Back