The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   H.E.B ABTs (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75785)

chambersuac 01-09-2010 05:24 PM

H.E.B ABTs

My wife came back from H.E.B. and told me that they sold ABTs. My first thought was the frozen stuffed peppers that you can get everywhere. But, NO - these are hand made peppers stuffed with pork sausage and cheese and wrapped in bacon. They're sold in the fresh meats section. Getting the grill fired up. I have no working camera, so it won't happen, but those of you near an H.E.B. might want to check it out - they were in an endcap with other "snack" type foods...

hellrzr 01-09-2010 06:01 PM

They sell those here in Iowa at Hy Vee stores but they are expensive. They usually use Anehiem (sp?) peppers.

BBQ Grail 01-09-2010 06:08 PM

They'd be awesome with a tub of Lloyd's Pulled Pork...

Rich Parker 01-09-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1139550)

Eeeewwwwww

Greendriver 01-09-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

and I just ate:icon_sick

chambersuac 01-11-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Actually, they were really good. They were hand made with half a jalapeno, filled with sausage and cheese then wrapped with a whole slice of bacon. They were pricey, but good. And...shame on you for bringing up Lloyd's Pulled Whatever (not sure it's pork).

Jorge 01-11-2010 01:33 PM

Are you talking about the chain here in Texas?

chambersuac 01-11-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 1141309)
Are you talking about the chain here in Texas?

Yes, sir. More specifically, the one in Pearsall (about an hour south of San Antonio on I35).

Jorge 01-11-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chambersuac (Post 1141326)
Yes, sir. More specifically, the one in Pearsall (about an hour south of San Antonio on I35).

The location under your avatar confused me!:mrgreen: Freeze some of their seasoned fajita meat and take it home with you. I've always got a couple of packages in the freezer for the times I don't have time to do it myself.

chambersuac 01-11-2010 02:33 PM

Yeah, I am a Texan, but living in Illinois. We are home visiting for a couple of weeks. Planning on taking home some hard to find food stuffs with us, such as Ranch Style Beans, etc. The H.E.B. brand foods are usually very good, so we'll take some of them home, too. I wish I had gotten here while they still had their Cajun Fried Turkeys for the holidays.