PDA

View Full Version : Dying to get out and practice...but can't

Smokin' Hicks
02-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I just wanna get some meat on the smoker and get some more practice in before first competition but, there is one small or should i say BIG problem.
There is an inch of ice on the ground and about 4" of snow right now its thundering and lightning here and just pouring snow it just sux, expecting a total of 10" of snow :tsk: Get it all out now before march 11th & 12th, first comp. with my own team and equipment :-P, dont wanna see any of this crap around then

Smokin' Hicks BBQ
Imperial, MO
KCBS
9' foot horizontal stainless steel custom built offset smoker
Kamando
Char-Grill

Smokin' Hicks
02-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Have a question....I am registered with KCBS and login to the website enter my team info under the BBQ Teams tab, then do a search for it on the list and it does not show up....any ideas?

HarleyEarl
02-01-2011, 11:24 AM
They may have to approve your initial team profile. I wouldn't expect anything to happen today, KC is getting slammed - even federal offices have been closed. We're expecting from 5" (north west) to 25" (south east) by the time the snow stops coming down.

KC_Bobby
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
KCBS posted on Facebook that they closed the office today due to weather.

RubMeTender
02-01-2011, 01:41 PM
That is a real shame. I almost got a sunburn at lunch today down here. Be safe fellas.

HBMTN
02-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I say go practice, might be snowing at the comp in March and you will be ready for it.

HarleyEarl
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
That is a real shame. I almost got a sunburn at lunch today down here. Be safe fellas.

Rub it in.:-P I can't even see across the street right now. The snow is really coming down.:mad2:

Thunder's Wife
02-01-2011, 02:07 PM
@ Smokin' Hicks: Right there with you! We didn't get as much ice as you, but I can't open any doors because the snow has drifted them shut. Snow is blowing so hard I can't see my neighbor's house across the street. We've probably had a couple feet of snow with 3'+ drifts. Record snow, I think, for this area.

Luckily I filled the grill last Saturday while the weather was decent!