PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment "Best Dam BBQ Cookoff", Benton, Illinois - July 2, 2011

chuckcockrum
01-16-2011, 01:57 PM
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT!!! - The 2011 "Best Dam BBQ Cookoff" is set to take place on July 2, 2011 at the Rend Lake Dam in Benton, Illinois. We are a state championship cook off and sanctioned by the KCBS. We're currently looking for teams and judges and have set a 50 team limit so register early! For more information you can check out our website below. Hope to see you there!

Chuck Cockrum
http://www.bestdambbqcookoff.com/

http://www.bestdambbqcookoff.com/uploads/3/3/4/3/3343424/1317957_orig.jpg

Mod edit: Added location and date to thread title

Ron_L
01-17-2011, 07:25 PM
The web site says

"1st - 5th In Four Main Categories - $50 Plus Trophy"

Is that correct?

chuckcockrum
01-17-2011, 07:33 PM
That is correct, all places will also receive a trophy like the ones in the picture in the first post. All prizes are listed below:

Grand Champion: $1750.00
Reserve Champion: $750.00

KCBS Categories
Chicken, ribs, pork and brisket categories as follows:

1st place: $50.00
2nd place: $50.00
3RDplace: $50.00
4th place: $50.00
5th place: $50.00

Total Cash Amount: $3500.00

Divemaster
01-18-2011, 02:47 PM
I'll have to check our schedual...

ammoore
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Are those payouts subject to change based on the number of teams that sign up? Just curious, I've re-read the payouts numerous times and can't figure out why you would pay the same for 1st place as 5th place in a category. I'm not trying to be negative about the contest, it is one that I would like to do since it is less than an hour from my house but if you get your 50 teams and you pay out < 50% of those entry fees I can see some people being turned off from the contest. That ratio of entry fees to payouts is something some people take into consideration when selecting contests.

Again, I'm not trying to be negative about the event, I'm just acknowledging the 400lb gorilla that's in the room.

If I have misread something, I apologize in advance

chuckcockrum
01-18-2011, 08:10 PM
To answer your question, last year we set a payout of $500 for Grand Champ, $250 for Reserve Champ, and $50 in each category for 1st-5th. We had 30 teams attend, and ended up paying $1000 for Grand Champ, $500 for Reserve Champ, and the $50 for 1st-5th in each category. We can guarantee the amount above, but why we aren't offering more is because of the funding. We have to pay for a stage, bands, a generator for power for the teams, porta pottys, etc...And being a fairly new event a lot of businesses haven't jumped on the sponsorship bandwagon quite yet. Last year we broke even after it was all said and done, and we have put together some sponsor packages for this year that we hope will do well. We want to increase our purse every year to eventually get to $5000 Grand, $2500 Reserve, and 1st-5th in each category as follows: 1st-$250, 2nd-$200, 3rd-$150, 4th-$100, 5th-$50. I do take your criticism as a positive thing though. And you are totally right that it should be more diverse for that 1st-5th places. We most likely will pay more I'm sure if we do get 50 teams and several sponsorships, and I will advise breaking that payout down more. Thank you for your input! I hope to see you there! :thumb:

4 smokin butts
01-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Chuck, I think what teams are looking for is ribbons, possible rossette style, First - fifth..... basic sixth - tenth.... Trophies look great, but put cash where all those small trophies are. First being more, fifth being the least. Take some money out of grand, eliminate small trophies, and you have alot more cash to spread out in the first - fifth. Gas is up and going higher. Last year was our first full year out, and I always heard teams (especially veterans) would rather have cash verses trophies. Trophies go into the trophy graveyard when you get home. This is just some of our thoughts. We would like to hear thoughts of other teams about trophies verses cash. I think I will start a blog on this. spread the cash out......
Dennis

chuckcockrum
01-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Dennis, I will address this with the bbq committee, they wouldn't have any problems with doing that I don't think. And it would be nice for more team input like you said. I think that's a great idea! I will update the site once we get an idea of how to break it down, and post it on here. You guys gotta remember, I'm not a judge or have never competed. All I know is what I learn from teams and other people involved in the sport and I am open to any suggestions to make our event more team friendly and worth coming to. I appreciate all the input! Thanks!

dmprantz
01-19-2011, 08:13 AM
I think a good couple of threads for you would be the polls taken by JD a few weeks ago where he asked lots of competitors on several forums what motivated them to attend a comp, and what ammenities at the comp they appreciated. He then posted the ranked results. Without giving too much away, payout was high on the list....

dmp

Ron_L
01-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Here are the threads that dmp referenced...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97817

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97811

For us, we don't compete for the money or the trophies, but, it's nice to at least have a shot at breaking even. Looking at the distance from the Chicago 'burbs to Benton, and given the current price of gas, meat, etc., it would cost me about $600 for this competition. The only way that i can break even would be to be GC or RGC. That lowers my chances since the meat categories don't have any decent money attached to them.

As far as trophies vs. ribbons vs. cash, we would rather have a nice trophy over a ribbon, but prefer cash to either :-D

Right now there aren't any other competitions in that area on that weekend. The closest is the west side of Iowa. So you'll probably still be able to get teams, but if it comes down to choosing between competitions I think a lot of teams will consider the potential payout as important as shown by JD's polls.

sprinter
01-19-2011, 09:14 AM
We, Smokin' T's, attended this contest last year (and won it) and we were very happy with the organization and the effort put forth by the organizers. They did have some power issues but they did their absolute best to ensure that folks had what they needed to compete. They will continue to improve and hopefully this will become a big contest.

I would suggest the same thing that a number of other cooks have referred to. The contest payout is VERY heavily weighted at the top. There are contest that are paying 10k that dont give $1,750 to the GC. Take the top monies and spread that out over the categories a bit to give everyone more of a shot at some more money. Also, the big trophy is nice as are the trophies for the categories, but I cant put those in my gas tank. Personally I would rather have cash than a trophy. Give ribbons for categories and put the money towards the purse. My opinion only.

Finally, if you DO get 50 teams then the payouts definitely need to increase. 50 teams at $200 each is 10k. While everyone understands that there are expenses associated with a contest, $3500 payouts will not sustain that contest. Bands and stages etc. are an expense but they are not BBQ EXPENSES. They are expenses associated with the rest of the weekend events which a good portion of the cookers will not get to enjoy. I organized a contest in Mt. Vernon, IL for 7 years and I always looked at the BBQ contest as its own entity. What we took in for entry fees all went back out to the teams or to pay for expenses related to the teams, the BBQ was not looked at as a means of funding the other events.

Just my two pennies. Looking forward to cooking with you again this year. We had a blast last year.

Troy
Smokin' T's

Divemaster
01-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I have to agree with Ron_L (did I just say that?).

While I would like to go to your comp, if another came by that was either closer with the same payout, or the same distance with a higher payout, I would more than likely go to them. (Not that I wouldn't expect to win yours... LOL)

4 smokin butts
01-19-2011, 09:36 AM
we got reserve at this contest last year, i think smokin'ts hit it on the nut shell !:clap2: we did have 31 teams there for a first year contest

sprinter
01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I would like to think it was skill on our part but I think its more that we got lucky or hit you guys on an off day because you went on a hot streak after that contest that was pretty incredible. Hope to see you guys back this year and here's to Four Smokin' Butts picking up where you left off last year. Good luck to you.

Troy
Smokin' T's

Ron_L
01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
I have to agree with Ron_L (did I just say that?).

Woo hoo! :clap2: :whoo: :cheer2:

I would like to think it was skill on our part but I think its more that we got lucky or hit you guys on an off day because you went on a hot streak after that contest that was pretty incredible. Hope to see you guys back this year and here's to Four Smokin' Butts picking up where you left off last year. Good luck to you.

Troy
Smokin' T's

Don't encourage him, Troy! We all want a shot, too! :becky: :becky: :becky:

DocStl
01-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Have to agree with Troy on this one (Smokin Ts). Readjust your payouts and let 6th -10th walk with something. Ribbons are 3.00, Engraved medals 5.00, and 5x7 plaques cost me 5.00 at the Edwardsville contest we ran. I can hook you up with my trophy lady to give you a great deal or price them out. This contest has a lot of potential of being a great event.

chambersuac
01-20-2011, 09:59 AM
We are considering doing this one. I appreciate the willingness of the O.P. to listen to the feedback he's getting.

I agree that the trophies are nice, but cash makes it less difficult on the bank account.

chuckcockrum
01-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Ok guys, I've spoke with several of you and several other teams. Like I said before, none of us planning this event have experience competing or judging so the whole sport is pretty new to us. And after hearing from you guys we understand what you're saying and intend on fixing this asap! We have a meeting on Monday the 24th and we'll nail it down then. Until then, don't count our event out. We are learning and any input you guys have to make it better is what we need to hear. I'll get back to this thread next Monday with the updated amounts and I will change the website as well. Thanks for all your insight! :thumb:

chambersuac
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Ok guys, I've spoke with several of you and several other teams. Like I said before, none of us planning this event have experience competing or judging so the whole sport is pretty new to us. And after hearing from you guys we understand what you're saying and intend on fixing this asap! We have a meeting on Monday the 24th and we'll nail it down then. Until then, don't count our event out. We are learning and any input you guys have to make it better is what we need to hear. I'll get back to this thread next Monday with the updated amounts and I will change the website as well. Thanks for all your insight! :thumb:

As a potential first time competitor, I would suggest that all you good teams stay home. LOL. Just kidding.....kinda.

Chuck, I pray that the event is wildly successful.

Divemaster
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
The simple fact that you are willing to listen to us proves that you want to make this event the "Best Damn BBQ Cookoff".

Thank you.
As a potential first time competitor, I would suggest that all you good teams stay home. LOL. Just kidding.....kinda.
So that means that I can bring the guys down and do this one... Right?

chambersuac
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
well, I'd prefer if you'd just come and help ME :)
You're one of those "good teams" I was talking about.

Divemaster
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
well, I'd prefer if you'd just come and help ME :)
You're one of those "good teams" I was talking about.
Awwww Shucks....:bow::bow::bow:

I'll be more than willing to help you... Now first, go out and start buying all of the red tipped lettuce you can find! Don't worry about it going bad, just store it in the freezer....

chambersuac
01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Awwww Shucks....:bow::bow::bow:

I'll be more than willing to help you... Now first, go out and start buying all of the red tipped lettuce you can find! Don't worry about it going bad, just store it in the freezer....

Thanks Jeff, I still have that from last time you told me to buy it. Glad it'll keep. Although, I am thinking of using green shag carpet cut to the size of the box this year.

Divemaster
01-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks Jeff, I still have that from last time you told me to buy it. Glad it'll keep. Although, I am thinking of using green shag carpet cut to the size of the box this year.
I've seen worse boxes... Unfortunately they were mine....:doh:

chuckcockrum
01-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Okay guys, I've talked to a lot of teams and this is what I've come up with so tell me what you think and that's what I'll shoot for Monday.

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

The Chamber Board is pretty understanding people and I think they will agree on this. So give me some feedback on this so I know where we're at on this thing and get it taken care of. Thanks guys! :thumb:

DocStl
01-21-2011, 07:58 AM
That looks great Chuck! I spoke with Chris and explained also! Have a great one!

Okay guys, I've talked to a lot of teams and this is what I've come up with so tell me what you think and that's what I'll shoot for Monday.

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

The Chamber Board is pretty understanding people and I think they will agree on this. So give me some feedback on this so I know where we're at on this thing and get it taken care of. Thanks guys! :thumb:

Divemaster
01-21-2011, 08:11 AM
That look fantastic!

Ron_L
01-21-2011, 09:06 AM

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

I can live with that! Thanks for listening, Chuck!

ammoore
01-21-2011, 09:11 AM
That looks great Chuck! I spoke with Chris and explained also! Have a great one!

Agree with above, this looks a lot more enticing.
I felt kinda bad for even bringing up "money issues" but I'm glad I did and I would like to second the notion above about your willingness to even listen to the feedback and go above and beyond to make the effort.
Thank You

Now I just have to convince the wife to do this one over a holiday weekend.

Aaron
Big O' Dang O' BBQ

sprinter
01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Great call on the awards Chuck. As others have written, we truly appreciate your willingness to listen to the cooks and their opinions. Congrats on a great first year contest, Smokin' T's are looking forward to cooking with you again this year.

Troy

chambersuac
01-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Jeff and Ron, if you win, you still only get $50. Best you stay home. ;)

Divemaster
01-21-2011, 01:50 PM
We're depending on you to make up the difference....

chambersuac
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
We're depending on you to make up the difference....

Never mind. :redface:

Divemaster
01-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Playing the 'poor preacher' card again?????

chambersuac
01-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Playing the 'poor preacher' card again?????

Hey that's no "card" - that's my life most days.
I'm just trying to keep all the competition I can at home - I'm sure a lot of the others here are better than me, but you and Ron are the only ones I know that I can harass.

Actually, I hope we all get to compete there - it would be nice to know there are guys there that I could ask questions, etc.

Besides, any time I get to spend with Brethren in real life is a blessings.

Lion Bout The Q
01-21-2011, 02:12 PM
We are looking hard at this one. i would be there for sure, except the date is bad for us. Holiday and the week before our local festival and backyard BBQ contest we put on.

Divemaster
01-21-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm just trying to keep all the competition I can at home - I'm sure a lot of the others here are better than me, but you and Ron are the only ones I know that I can harass.
Come on... You're Lutheran! You can harass via guilt better than any one! LOL... I actually think that if you didn't (try to) pick on me, you didn't like me... LOL
Actually, I hope we all get to compete there - it would be nice to know there are guys there that I could ask questions, etc.
You know that even if we aren't there, you can always call and we'd help you out!
Besides, any time I get to spend with Brethren in real life is a blessings.

That's the best reason yet!!!!

4 smokin butts
01-22-2011, 10:29 AM
this should be a great contest, it was last year,overlooking the lake, nice campgrounds nearby:clap2:

chuckcockrum
01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
this should be a great contest, it was last year,overlooking the lake, nice campgrounds nearby:clap2:
This year will be great! We actually booked "Skinny Jim" to play the Friday night 8p-10p so there will be something going on the teams can enjoy. I also pushed the washer tournament back to after the awards for the cook off. I did that because there were some guys on teams that wanted to play but couldn't last year because we had it early in the day. We're also gonna have a couple bands Saturday night. And this year, we are getting it put in the permit to allow teams to stay until Sunday if they want the extra day to relax, instead of having to travel home after cooking all day. There will be closer porta potty's, closer turn in, and I have a water/ice delivery system in the works. So this brings me to the next item. Any ideas of what you guys would like to get in your goodie buckets? Last year we did grill lighters, oven mitts, paper towels, and tinfoil. :thumb:

DocStl
01-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Good going Chuck! I talked to Chris about keeping the portapoties and judging tent on the same side of the highway this year.The concern was that judges would ee teams bring boxes up to turn in. The reps will tarp the front of judges tent so no judge or cook will see each other.
Also are you going to keep the parking the same? In the lines?

chuckcockrum
01-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Doc, as far as setup goes we are going to have teams setup in the lines like you had suggested last year which worked great!

This Is How We Que It
01-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Contest Announcements can be put up as soon as a contest is official.
Roll calls no sooner than 4 weeks out.

4 smokin butts
01-23-2011, 06:38 PM
this was a contest announcement,are is there something im missing

chuckcockrum
01-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Maybe it was meant to be one of those "Intentionally unintentional" bump comments? :confused: Just sayin'...
https://supportforums.motorola.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-141875-2591/Bump_Mario.gif

4 smokin butts
01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
chuck is our power updated for this year,especaly if 10-15 more teams,and space, we would like our same spot as last year

Ron_L
01-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Contest Announcements can be put up as soon as a contest is official.
Roll calls no sooner than 4 weeks out.

Not quite sure what this is about?

chuckcockrum
01-24-2011, 01:32 PM
chuck is our power updated for this year,especaly if 10-15 more teams,and space, we would like our same spot as last year
Dennis, I am getting a quote for upgraded power to ensure there is more than enough. Unfortunately, I have to position teams as they come in starting with the southeast corner. I will try to keep that spot open but I can't make any promises. Just try to get there early like you did last year and you should be fine. :thumb:

This Is How We Que It
01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Disregard Post #42. This sounds like a good contest.

chuckcockrum
01-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Okay guys, we had our chamber bbq committee meeting tonight and here is what the payout we decided on.

Grand Champion - $1000
Reserve - $500
Four Main Categories:
1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $100
4th - $75
5th - $50
"Best Dam Wing" - $250

And be sure to keep in mind, we will have to wait and see what our turnout and cook off related expenses are. Once we know what's coming in and what's going out we will quite possibly increase those amounts like we did at our 2010 event. We are working hard to make this an event you guys look forward to. Thanks for all your input and advice guys! :thumb:

DocStl
01-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Great job chuck! Looking foreward to cooking it again this year! If you need anything just give me a call!

Divemaster
01-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Thank you again for listening to the teams, that's what makes us WANT to go to a comp.

chuckcockrum
01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey guys, if you're into social networking I would like to invite you to join my "Best Dam BBQ Cookoff" Facebook page! There I will post event news and it's open to anyone. So join me and invite your friends! Thanks! :thumb:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=163325279588#!/group.php?gid=163325279588 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=163325279588#%21/group.php?gid=163325279588)

Contracted Cookers
01-26-2011, 08:06 PM
looks good brother. even tho we probably won"t get to cook this one. your energy and efforts are contaigus looks like you have some great teams comeing already

ammoore
01-26-2011, 08:42 PM
I was on the fence about this contest being a holiday weekend and all. However I must say with the proactive approach in making the event the beat it can be, I am sold. Registration is filled out and will be going in the mail shortly. Thanks Chuck

chuckcockrum
01-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I was on the fence about this contest being a holiday weekend and all. However I must say with the proactive approach in making the event the beat it can be, I am sold. Registration is filled out and will be going in the mail shortly. Thanks ChuckThanks a lot! I'll see you there! :thumb:

BanditBBQ
01-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey Chuck, though we took a spankin' last year, we had a great time; and really appreciated your extra efforts to make things just right for everyone. As you know, we will be back!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

chuckcockrum
01-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey Chuck, though we took a spankin' last year, we had a great time; and really appreciated your extra efforts to make things just right for everyone. As you know, we will be back!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Thanks Jim, everyone at the chamber worked hard to make it happen and we're looking forward to this year! We appreciate all the teams patience as we are learning the ropes of contest organization. As I said before, we want our event to be one that everyone looks forward to! :thumb:

chuckcockrum
03-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Okay guys, I had a conversation with someone today, and I know it's still a little early for role call, so it was suggested to have an "Early Bird" entry contest for our cook off. So, for teams that enter before May 21, 2011 they will be entered into a drawing. The lucky team that's drawn from the hat will receive their entry fee back! We're hoping that this will encourage more teams to enter our contest early. It will also make it easier for me to make sure I have the proper amount of judges. I hope you guys take advantage of this chance to make a couple bucks back! Thanks! :thumb:

jrbBBQ
03-21-2011, 08:48 PM
I'll be there, I guess I need to get my entry fees turned in. I'm gonna consider this my "home" competition as I actually only live about 15 miles from Rend Lake.:thumb:

chuckcockrum
03-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks, it helps just knowing who's coming you know. We'll see you in July! :thumb:

4 smokin butts
03-22-2011, 10:36 PM
what better way to spend 4th of july weekend,,,nice campground nearby.....make it a mini vacation

trueque
03-23-2011, 01:32 PM
looking at this one.

Divemaster
03-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Thank you again for listening to the teams, that's what makes us WANT to go to a comp.

While I do "want" to go, unfort. we have a paying gig that weekend.
All the best to those that do go (that means you too Dan)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

trueque
03-26-2011, 06:44 PM
registration is on its way...

chuckcockrum
03-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys! Help me spread the word to area teams if you would be so kind. I would like to get some ideas for goodie bags for teams from you guys. Last year we had buckets from True Value. We put tin foil, grill lighters, oven mitts, and paper towels in them. So let me know if there is something you would like to see in them. :thumb:

4 smokin butts
03-29-2011, 10:30 PM
foil,papertowles,6 pacs,soda water,maby beer........charchol,freezer paper,cooly cups,red cups,bottles of wine , any useables that go with bbq

jrbBBQ
03-30-2011, 12:54 AM
I would like to have the BEST DAM CAN COOZY ever, everything that's been mentioned is a good idea.

DocStl
03-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys! Help me spread the word to area teams if you would be so kind. I would like to get some ideas for goodie bags for teams from you guys. Last year we had buckets from True Value. We put tin foil, grill lighters, oven mitts, and paper towels in them. So let me know if there is something you would like to see in them. :thumb:

Throw a thermapen in every bag.... just sayin :becky:

chuckcockrum
03-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Great ideas guys! Any of you cooks who have kids, we are going to have a kids que! EZ Grills is donating them to our event and we thought it would be fun. It is being limited to 12 contestants ages 8 and up and they must be accompanied by an adult at all times. More details to come so check here or check our website! :thumb:

chuckcockrum
04-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I just wanted to post an up to date list of teams who have either already entered and paid or have committed to attending. I will update it on our site and periodically post here between now and the event. So if you're thinking about entering, this is what it looks like so far.

Bandit BBQ Crew
One 2 BBQ
Bubba Joe's BBQ
The Swine'os
Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
The Q Factor
Smokin T's
Just Pork'n Around
Mascoutah Smokemasters
TR's Up In Smoke
Brandin' Iron
4 Smokin Butts
Sexy Q
Angry Tom's BBQ
The Charcoal Cowboys
JBJ's Ribs & Whiskey
TrueQue
Grumpy's Smokehouse
Uncle Joe's
Monster Que
QUAU

If there is anyone who wants to, we can do a roll call. Let me know guys! :thumb:

chuckcockrum
05-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I just wanted to put our contest back out there in case there are new forum members or teams looking at contests to cook at. We still have room for teams so get in early! Our early bird registration ends on May 21, 2011 so don't miss out! :thumb:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu352/helloitstara/mario_bump.gif

chuckcockrum
05-22-2011, 06:23 PM
It's getting close to our cook off so I wanted to post an updated list of teams who have either already paid or who have told me they are coming. We still have room for more, so get in your entry! Here is the team list below.

1. Smokin' T's

2. Bandit BBQ Crew
3. The Swine'os
4. Uncle Joe's
5. The Q Factor
6. 4 Smokin' Butts
7. Monster Que
8. Piggy Q
9. Charlie Daves BBQ
10. Angry Tom's BBQ
11. The Charcoal Cowboys
12. Sexy Q
13. One 2 BBQ
14. Bubba Joe's BBQ
15. Mascoutah Smokemasters
16. Brandin' Iron
17. JBJ's Ribs & Whiskey
18. TrueQue
19. Grumpy's Smokehouse
20. TR's Up In Smoke
21. Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
22. Just Porkin' Around
23. QUAU
24. Smell That Smoke
25. Piggy Q
26. Rural Route BBQ
27. Big Blue BBQ
28. Papa Bearís Bar B Q

You can print out an entry form on the website
Entry is only $150.00

http://www.bestdambbqcookoff.com (http://www.bestdambbqcookoff.com/)

I am available to answer any questions anytime!
618-927-6157
Hope to see you in July!
:thumb:

chuckcockrum
05-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Just had some details about our cook off I wanted to pass along. Team setup will be Friday July 1 at 8a. The cooks meeting will held at 7p that night. There will be a concert on the stage at 8p that will last till 10p. Saturday's cook off will follow the guidelines of the KCBS and judging will start at 12p. Prizes will be awarded at 4p at the stage. There will then be the cook off washer tournament. We pushed it back this year so that cooks can participate if they wish. There will be more live music that evening from 5p-7p. Teams staying Saturday night will be required to check out Sunday morning by 11a. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them. Help me keep this thread alive guys, I'm running out of things to say lol. :thumb:

whskyrnnr322
05-26-2011, 08:24 PM
We cant wait, this will be our second competition of the season.

jrbBBQ
05-26-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty pumped about this one. It'll be my fifth of the year and my fifth ever! I also live less than 20 minutes away, but that won't matter that weekend because I'll have my camper, pontoon and probably a ski boat at the South Marcum campground that weekend plus my competition trailer. Alot of stuff going on that weekend, it should be a blast!!

trueque
05-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Looking forward to this holiday weekend bbq with my wife. A couples weekend!

ammoore
05-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Chuck,
Big O' Dang O' BBQ will be there.
We haven't seent our entry yet but it will be coming soon.

-Aaron

chuckcockrum
05-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks guys, thought I would also pass this along. I am working with Black Diamond Harley Davidson on something for the Friday night concert. They are holding a bike raffle with the drawing on the 2nd. The money raised will be going towards disaster relief and they're only $5.00!!! So at this years cook off you have a chance to win a hog! :thumb:

charcoalcowboys
06-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Chuck,

Do you have security for Sat night . So I could leave my trailer. Also I have a trailer 26 ft. What is the size of space?

Thanks,
Ken Wood
Charcoal Cowboys