PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Indian Ocean

brewnsmoke
01-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I was directed here from Homebrewtalk. I am currently on deployment and I'm hoping to gain some BBQ/smoking knowledge for when I return home. I use a Traeger Texas Grill. I know it's cheating, but it'll have to do until I retire from the military and become more stable with time and housing.
Before coming on deployment I started researching how to make different sauces and cooking techniques. I'm sure I will gain much from this forum. I look forward to learning!! Hopefully, I can avoid some expensive :doh: mistakes.

gtr
01-03-2011, 12:17 AM
You're gonna learn a lot here - there's plenty of folks on this site who use electric cookers so don't feel bad about it. Thanks for your service to our country and welcome to the site!

frognot
01-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Welcome aboard brewnsmoke!

We have a whole buncha Traeger folks here making great Q, besides with a name like Texas Grill it's gotta cook good.

Thanks for your service.

brewnsmoke
01-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I gotta say...I love the Traeger. It is very convenient. I know my wife wouldn't cook outdoors if she had to start up some coal though.

Big George's BBQ
01-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Welcome

Westexbbq
01-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Welcome to the camp,
brewnsmoke.
Enjoy.

1FUNVET
01-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome from cajun country :thumb:

BBQ_MAFIA
01-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Welcome

cowgirl
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I was directed here from Homebrewtalk. I am currently on deployment and I'm hoping to gain some BBQ/smoking knowledge for when I return home. I use a Traeger Texas Grill. I know it's cheating, but it'll have to do until I retire from the military and become more stable with time and housing.
Before coming on deployment I started researching how to make different sauces and cooking techniques. I'm sure I will gain much from this forum. I look forward to learning!! Hopefully, I can avoid some expensive :doh: mistakes.

Welcome to the forum Brewnsmoke. Thank you for your service too. :cool:
I checked out homebrewtalk not long ago... looked like a nice place. I had trouble signing up but now that you've mentioned it I might try it again. Thanks for reminding me. :-D

bluetang
01-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

brewnsmoke
01-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Brewnsmoke. Thank you for your service too. :cool:
I checked out homebrewtalk not long ago... looked like a nice place. I had trouble signing up but now that you've mentioned it I might try it again. Thanks for reminding me. :-D

We have a smoked meat area at HBT and Sawdustguy promoted this site and equated it that this site is to meat(smoking/BBQ) as HBT is to brewing. Exciting stuff. The wealth of info over there and I already see it here too. I have about 4 years before I retire from the Navy and would damn sure like to start going to brew/BBQ competitions.

Rookie'48
01-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanx for your service & welcome to our crazy little club house! There's quite a few of us here that use a Traeger 075 or some other form of "mini-stick" burner.

Warthog
01-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the Brethren. Enjoy!

Divemaster
01-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Thank you for your service and welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!