PDA

View Full Version : Lewistown, Montana Contest

Merl
12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
From the Quick Notes of the Board December 8, 2010:

"Wayne Lohman made a motion to require Lewistown, Mt. to provide financial security and to secure the deficiencies of sanctioning within 5 business days. In the event the organizer of the Lewistown, Mt contest fail to come into compliance, within 5 business days, then KCBS sanctioning will be withdrawn. The motion was seconded by Don Harwell.

Vote:
10 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentions
The motion to obtain financial security and to cure the deficiencies of sanctioning as to the Lewistown, Mt. contest, passes."

I have been advised by the KCBS office that the contest has been removed from the KCBS web site and will not be sanctioned by KCBS.

Merl

HoDeDo
12-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks Merl, Figured that was coming... Way to many things that didnt match up there...
Glad the scam got caught early!

White Dog BBQ
12-20-2010, 08:06 PM
I have been pretty critical of the BoD in the other thread, so I will mention here that it looks like they handled the situation right and proactively addressed a situation before it became a real problem. Good job, and thanks.

Erik

Jeff_in_KC
12-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I too am critical and not happy with the normal M.O. of this board but even so, I will be one of the first to acknowledge when something is handled well and this is one of those times. Well done...