PDA

View Full Version : Hello from ...

Grizmt
12-20-2010, 08:36 AM
wherever in the heck we are today!! Currently I think we're in Diamond Bar but normally reside in Surprise, AZ.
We (the wife and I) started out as backyard smokers/grillers etc after living in the south for several years and touring all the great areas for BBQ. Starting in Atlanta moving to the Carolinas, then off to TN, Kansas,TX and finally in MT. While in MT we decided to become judges so it was off to PNWBA class in Seattle. After judging a bit we decided to be multi-trained and it was off to KCBS training. So now we've done PNWBA,KCBS and IBCA and if all goes as planed BCS as well. Along the way I also became a certified Taco judge if you can believe that!

It's been so much fun at the comps but there was something still missing, hmmm, we keep hearing in the judges tent that Ice Cream would sure be good after judging is over. Well, we love going to the comps and hanging out with all the teams, we love Ice Cream so the other half decided that providing said product at BBQ events would be a good fit for us (her really but y'all know how that works right?).
Anyway now we still judge on occasion, we still have a smoker in the back yard and I still listen and learn from all the teams on how to make my stuff better. Who knows, competing may be the next step....

Big George's BBQ
12-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Welcome

Westexbbq
12-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the camp,
Grizmt.
Enjoy.

frognot
12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome aboard Grizmt!

BBQ_MAFIA
12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Welcome

Judi
12-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Welcome from a newbie to the forum. I didn't know there was such a thing as a taco judge. :)

Judi

bigabyte
12-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Welcome!:cool:

PapaSmoke
12-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Welcome aboard Grizmt, newbie here myself!

rescue_ranger
12-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood, pull up a chair and grab a beer, sit a bit and join in the discussions damn glad to meet ya
RR

RAZORBACK JIM
12-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Welcome and enjoy!!!!

Jim

Rookie'48
12-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Welcome to our crazy little club house! How does one go about being a taco judge?

Divemaster
12-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

Grizmt
12-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Welcome to our crazy little club house! How does one go about being a taco judge?
Well, one goes to the NTA (National Taco Association) and I guess asks if there's going to be another class.
http://nationaltacoassociation.com/
There's supposed to be a comp April 30th in Vegas and I think they're going to be looking for more judges.
We were in the first group to ever be certified and we're always looking for new things to get in to. Not that we're judgemental or anything...:laugh:
It was started by the guys that put on the Scottsdale BBQ comp and the first event which was held in Scottsdale seemed to me to be a huge hit!

We had a horrible time as first event judges, it was complete hell having to judge shrimp,lobster and even a taco with quail egg on it (very tasty btw)... Oh the horror of it all!!:tape::heh::heh::heh:

Heck, why not? I mean with the huge hispanic influence that's come about and with the fact that Salsa is now the #1 condiment on peoples tables it kinda makes sense that a competition body would evolve. Besides, anything to have a good time right?:clap2:

smokinit
12-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Welcome

bluetang
12-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.