PDA

View Full Version : Tenderloin

RICK Allen
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey guys am cooking 80lbs of Tenderloin for a Bday party with the beauty and expense of this meat do not want to screw up what I intend to do is inject with French beef dip infused with fresh garlic, lightly coat with montreal steak spice and cook hot and fast at 350 to 400 , in my smoker pull off at 115 :roll:, internal temp in the fattest portion and let rest ,with this quality of meat it prolly should be ate raw,but I think this should give me from med well to blue any thoughts

Ford
12-18-2010, 05:55 PM
No need to inject. Can cook hot or at the 240 range. At 240 a 7 lb takes about 1.5 hours to reach 122F with very little residual. Cooking hot will give you more range in temp so I think I'd cook hot. About 45 to 50 minutes for a 7 lb.

I coat well with Slabs Beef rub or Diaay Pig Cowlick. Both have lots of black pepper - a key requirement. I'd just sprinkle a little onion and garlic powder on it if you want more.

I've never had complaints and had some people say the best thing they ever ate. I often cook one Saturday morning at a contest. Folks coming to Lakeland should remind me to bring one.

RICK Allen
12-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanx , the only reason I inject is cause I love garlic and I'm guess used to selling sandwiches that need a little salt, the Montreal steakspice is high in the pepper and garlic salt . Should not be worried but what, with what they are paying for the raw product gets me a jittering:crazy:

RICK Allen
12-18-2010, 06:27 PM
The 50lbs of White spring salmon is a snap cause with the smoke and the salmon almost needs nothing but a little salt when being consumedThank god for my lonestar pit as with a little tweaking of the tunining plates I can do all at the same time