PDA

View Full Version : bbq joint in Kansas City, MO

Panthers65
12-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Just left Denver on my way back to GA. Was hoping to be in st. Louis by dinner but its just not gonna happen. Kansas city seems to be the dinner stop. Need a good bbq joint near kansas city to stop and eat. On the west side would be better. Hopefully close to I70. Any suggestions?

Smokin Mike
12-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I rather if you go to here, Oklahoma Joes (http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/) , but it is in Olathe, ks. this place is really close by I-70, its called Popabob's (http://www.papabobsbbq.com/), it's in bonner springs, Man vs. Food was there, It's pretty good, usually the husband or wife is there to make sure your meal is good.

smknwhlswife
12-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Well good would be the problem. On the west side by the KS Speedway is Arthur Bryants (not the original), Famous Daves, & the O.C.C. Backfire BBQ. You go past downtown then you have the original Arthur Bryants, but don't know if you want to be there after dark. If you wait till you are in Independence, you will have one of the Gates BBQ joints, get off at Sterling - go left onto Sterling then go left at Hwy 40 (the light) and it will down on your right.

Panthers65
12-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Looks like oklahoma joes it is. Tried Papa Bob's first but they close at 9, right when we are going to get in town. Sice Oklahoma Joes stays open until 10 and they were the next closest we'll be heading there. Review to follow....

GreasePig
12-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Looks like oklahoma joes it is. Tried Papa Bob's first but they close at 9, right when we are going to get in town. Sice Oklahoma Joes stays open until 10 and they were the next closest we'll be heading there. Review to follow....

Hope you liked it... It is one of my favorite BBQ joints in the world...

Plowboy
12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
You could have just come to our house in Blue Springs. Best BBQ joint in Eastern Jackson County.

Panthers65
12-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Wish I would have takin ya up on that plowboy, but OK Joe's was pretty tasty. Was planning on getting some pics for a review, but was so hungry I only managed to get a pic of the outside...

On my way out to CO again and were plannin on stopping by this coming Friday night. I'll try again and see what I can do!