PDA

View Full Version : KCBS Strategic Funds

Candy Sue
12-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Please note that this post is my opinion and in no way reflects any opinion of any other board member or KCBS.

I need KCBS members' help!

As the chair of the Strategic Funds Committee, I have the charge of determining direction for the funds that have enriched KCBS through the marketing efforts of MMA. If you read the financial reports in the Bullsheet or attached as part of each month's agenda on the web, you know that this is not a small amount. These ideas and directions will go to the entire board for up or down vote. Please send me an e-mail with your thoughts. candyatbbqrsdelightdotcom Thank you!

ThomEmery
12-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Wonderful situation :)

Smokedelic
12-18-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm somewhat surprised/concerned the KCBS doesn't already have strategic plans(1 year/3 year/5 year) in place, with projects prioritized, so that these funds could be earmarked for those projects. Was this windfall from MMA's marketing efforts was not anticipated?

I was also under the impression that the Board had at least one annual "retreat", paid for with KCBS dollars, that was supposed to serve as a planning session? I can't think of a better time to work on strategic, long-term plans(and corresponding budgets for them) for KCBS than at said retreat. Am I missing something here?