PDA

View Full Version : After Party at the Banquet - Interested?

Jeff_in_KC
12-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Some of you may have missed this in the main banquet thread. Here's the deal:

In past years, many of us have gotten chased from room to room by hotel security responding to complaints of noise and told to quiet down or we'd be asked to leave. In hopes that everyone can find a place to go after the party where we won't get shut down, the idea was raised to try to reserve a small banquet room where we can visit, have a cash bar (we can't BYOB) and have some fun without the hotel continually interrupting the fun!

I've checked with the catering department at the Hyatt Regency Kansas City and here's the prices:

$600 - Room from after the banquet til about 1 am
$75 - Bartender fee for cash bar
$65 - Taxes
$740 - Total

The plan is to have anyone wanting to attend pay $10 each (so $20 per couple) to contribute for the use of the room. It supposedly holds 250 people. If we got that many, we'd actually raise $1,760 more than we need. We talked about donating the remainder to CancerSucksChicago for cancer research. I'd be interested to know if everyone attending would be good with splitting the funds left 50/50 with CancerSucksChicago and Kookers Kare? A full 250 people would mean $880 to each organization.

If you're in for this, reply to this thread that you are and how many "tickets" you're in for. Then PayPal $10 for each person in your group to BigCreekBBQ@EmbarQmail.com and I will send you a "ticket" for each $10.

We need to get it rolling quickly as this is the only room left according to the banquet and catering people at the Hyatt.

Thanks!

4 smokin butts
12-12-2010, 10:44 AM
we have 2 tables,not all brethern,are we opening up to everyone....if so i have 20 people..."THE PARTY AFTER THE PARTY''

ThomEmery
12-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Thank You Jeff
Cookers Care is a worthy cause to pair with Cancersucks
We will do two tickets
Will we have a higher "at the door price" or?

Bunny
12-12-2010, 01:17 PM
We're in!

Rich and Bunny

Ron_L
12-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Count us in for two. We're fine with the split.

Scottie
12-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Awesome. We'll be there.

Jeff_in_KC
12-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Come on peeps! Let's get on the ball! Trust me - any partying and fun you want to do otherwise in the hotel will be in a loud bar or broken up by security in rooms. So far, Ron has sent $20. Mine makes $40.

Jorge
12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm in for 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff_in_KC
12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Thank You Jeff
Cookers Care is a worthy cause to pair with Cancersucks
We will do two tickets
Will we have a higher "at the door price" or?

I don't know... probably not. Can't see charging more than $10 each. The benefit here is the atmosphere and not having to be shut down by security for being too loud. Well, that's if you don't count getting to be around Thom. :-P

KC_Bobby
12-13-2010, 09:37 AM
We're probably 4.

WannaBeBBQueen
12-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Sent money!

Divemaster
12-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I'll ask Ramona, but I think we are in for two.

Scottie
12-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Just a stupid question? but could the party just be in the KCBS banquet room? Maybe they don't need to have a set-up fee? They could clear the room for 30 minutes and them let us in? So you could still collect at the door? Especially if you tell them that you are trying to raise some extra cash for foundations? I've found that folks bend the rules a little more for foundations and for work to help others....

Scottie
12-13-2010, 01:05 PM
OK, I have a new fun and exciting way to raise more cash at this after banquet party for Kookers Kare and cancersuckschicago.com... A certain Admin :doh: from this site has volunteered to completely shave his head for charity. While I thought it would be a generous offer of both this Admin and whom ever won the right. I'm thinking more money could be raised if it was pooled together.... I mean, think of the new shaved head avatar we would be blessed with!!!

also, by chance, I have a set of clippers that I would be willing to bring to the after party!!! I can start the bidding off at $20, with the option of donating more to the pool! :becky:

***To prtotect the innocent, names have not been used. It has been cleared with his wife, because my understanding is you don't want a Texas A&M girl pissed at you. Welll, I've been told that at least...

Jorge
12-13-2010, 01:10 PM
OK, I have a new fun and exciting way to raise more cash at this after banquet party for Kookers Kare and cancersuckschicago.com... A certain Admin :doh: from this site has volunteered to completely shave his head for charity. While I thought it would be a generous offer of both this Admin and whom ever won the right. I'm thinking more money could be raised if it was pooled together.... I mean, think of the new shaved head avatar we would be blessed with!!!

also, by chance, I have a set of clippers that I would be willing to bring to the after party!!! I can start the bidding off at $20, with the option of donating more to the pool! :becky:

***To prtotect the innocent, names have not been used. It has been cleared with his wife, because my understanding is you don't want a Texas A&M girl pissed at you. Welll, I've been told that at least...

If it was me, I'd auction it off for one pass of the clippers. Lord knows there are plenty of folks that would want the opportunity after being moderated...and that Jackass deserves it I'm sure!

ThomEmery
12-13-2010, 03:34 PM
i don't know... Probably not. Can't see charging more than $10 each. The benefit here is the atmosphere and not having to be shut down by security for being too loud. Well, that's if you don't count getting to be around thom. :-p

:) ok

carlyle
12-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Put me down for 2 tickets.
Don't have a paypal account, I'll bring cash.

As far as using the banquet room after banquet is over, group of us in Philly just sat around talking in that room for quite a while. That hotel didn't mind.
Did not have a bar, just drinking that donated wine that was on all the tables. I know it is a different time place and management, but may be worth exploring.

Jeff_in_KC
12-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Just a stupid question? but could the party just be in the KCBS banquet room? Maybe they don't need to have a set-up fee? They could clear the room for 30 minutes and them let us in? So you could still collect at the door? Especially if you tell them that you are trying to raise some extra cash for foundations? I've found that folks bend the rules a little more for foundations and for work to help others....

Scottie, I called KCBS today and spoke to Kelly and explained what we had in mind. She said KCBS hadn't ever thought of supplying a place for an after-party. This year, they are supposed to be cleaned up and out of there by midnight. There are no plans for any band, D.J. or a cash bar after the last contest and door prize are awarded. I would have to believe it would be nothing (relatively speaking) for KCBS to pay for the $740 in future years.

Jeff_in_KC
12-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Looks like I've got three couples who have paid through PayPal! Come on brothers! If you're in, we gotta pay for it before someone else books it!

ThomEmery
12-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Scottie, I called KCBS today and spoke to Kelly and explained what we had in mind. She said KCBS hadn't ever thought of supplying a place for an after-party. This year, they are supposed to be cleaned up and out of there by midnight. There are no plans for any band, D.J. or a cash bar after the last contest and door prize are awarded. I would have to believe it would be nothing (relatively speaking) for KCBS to pay for the $740 in future years.

I second that motion

Ron_L
12-13-2010, 09:59 PM
BTW, gang... You don't have to have a Paypal account to send Jeff money for the after party. Just go to www.paypal.com/sendmoney and use your credit card.

ThomEmery
12-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Some of you may have missed this in the main banquet thread. Here's the deal:

In past years, many of us have gotten chased from room to room by hotel security responding to complaints of noise and told to quiet down or we'd be asked to leave. In hopes that everyone can find a place to go after the party where we won't get shut down, the idea was raised to try to reserve a small banquet room where we can visit, have a cash bar (we can't BYOB) and have some fun without the hotel continually interrupting the fun!

I've checked with the catering department at the Hyatt Regency Kansas City and here's the prices:

$600 - Room from after the banquet til about 1 am
$75 - Bartender fee for cash bar
$65 - Taxes
$740 - Total

The plan is to have anyone wanting to attend pay $10 each (so $20 per couple) to contribute for the use of the room. It supposedly holds 250 people. If we got that many, we'd actually raise $1,760 more than we need. We talked about donating the remainder to CancerSucksChicago for cancer research. I'd be interested to know if everyone attending would be good with splitting the funds left 50/50 with CancerSucksChicago and Kookers Kare? A full 250 people would mean $880 to each organization.

If you're in for this, reply to this thread that you are and how many "tickets" you're in for. Then PayPal $10 for each person in your group to BigCreekBBQ@EmbarQmail.com and I will send you a "ticket" for each $10.

We need to get it rolling quickly as this is the only room left according to the banquet and catering people at the Hyatt.

Thanks!
Sent OK now it is sent

ThomEmery
12-14-2010, 12:24 PM
We got to get this done or it is a no go
So sign up with Jeff

Jeff_in_KC
12-14-2010, 03:53 PM
We're up to $110 for the party funds! Come on folks! We need to reserve this ASAP! Still $630 to go! PayPal account is BigCreekBBQ@Embarqmail.com

Jeff_in_KC
12-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks to a couple of donors plus those sending in to PayPal, we are now up to $470! Only $270 to go! Get R done!!!

4 smokin butts
12-15-2010, 10:16 PM
donations are ok too,if you cant make it

lunchlady
12-16-2010, 10:14 AM
$10 to hang with my Brethren was a great deal to begin with... adding the charitable aspect makes it a win-win for everyone! Fantastic idea Jeff! Thanks so much!

Money sent and days counted... 30 to go!

VGuilford
12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Sent my 20 in

KC_Bobby
12-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Up to $520 now (with mine) based on the posts here. $220 to go.

Jeff_in_KC
12-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Called the lady at the Hyatt today to tell her we're in for this! Was starting to fear they'd rent the room out from under us! We're good but I gotta go sign a contract early next week! Keep the donations coming! Like Bob says... we need $220 still to get the room paid for.

ThomEmery
12-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks Jeff

The Pickled Pig
12-16-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm in for 2 as well.

Ponderosa BBQ
12-17-2010, 12:44 AM
im down for 2 fo sho

ThomEmery
12-17-2010, 08:15 AM
The BBQ Social Event of the season!

WannaBeBBQueen
12-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Gonna be a blast!!

carlyle
12-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Sent in my $ for 2 .

Jeff_in_KC
12-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Once again, if you're in, go to paypal.com and send $10 for each person. I believe we're at $540 or $550 today... was a little slow! Let's get this done by Sunday! I'll have to call the catering manager at the Hyatt back on Monday. We played phone tag all day today.

VGuilford
12-18-2010, 09:17 AM
If everyone that is going now would pitch in an extra $5/person, we would be over the amount and then some. Make a list of who's paid and check them in at the door. Anyone else who wants to join after pays their $15 bucks at the door and we can put that towards the PHill charity contest.

Jeff_in_KC
12-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Vern, any excess all goes towards Kookers Kare and CancerSucksChicago. We already decided that. Wouldn't change now.

VGuilford
12-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Sorry, didn't see that.

smknwhlswife
12-18-2010, 05:14 PM
We are paid!!!

BBQ Grail
12-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm looking forward to the steaming video of this event I heard is coming...

Jeff_in_KC
12-18-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm looking forward to the steaming video of this event I heard is coming...

Dang! Word travels fast! Nothing is set yet. Updates as soon as I know.

ThomEmery
12-18-2010, 07:09 PM
LOL LOL Too Funny

Jeff_in_KC
12-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Great news! Counting money pledged by two Brethren members but I still have to collect, we are up to $700!!! We got it done! Technically, still need $40 but I have no doubt some folks will have that in there by today's end! So if you were on the fence because you were concerned we might not have this, you can go ahead and PayPal your $10 each and, after another $40, you'll be helping CancerSucksChicago's foundation to help find a cure for cancer AND Kookers Kare who help feed the hungry! Let's be generous, brothers and sisters!

moocow
12-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks for doing this Jeff! I know you have been busy with work and making preparations to go out west, we appreciate it! Look forward to seeing you and Tammy there.

Bunny
12-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Great news! Counting money pledged by two Brethren members but I still have to collect, we are up to $700!!! We got it done! Technically, still need $40 but I have no doubt some folks will have that in there by today's end! So if you were on the fence because you were concerned we might not have this, you can go ahead and PayPal your $10 each and, after another $40, you'll be helping CancerSucksChicago's foundation to help find a cure for cancer AND Kookers Kare who help feed the hungry! Let's be generous, brothers and sisters!

Besides watching everyone gather their awards at the banquet ceremony, I believe Rich and I are getting more excited about the after party more than anything! EEEhaaa!:becky:

dbaldin
12-21-2010, 01:32 PM
WiredBBQ hopes to see you all there! Thanks Jeff for the invite, and thanks to all the Brethren for your kind words and support. We feel humbled by the love you have shown us.
:clap2:

Ron_L
12-21-2010, 04:45 PM
WiredBBQ hopes to see you all there! Thanks Jeff for the invite, and thanks to all the Brethren for your kind words and support. We feel humbled by the love you have shown us.
:clap2:

Love? We heard that you guys were buying drinks! :becky:

dbaldin
12-22-2010, 02:56 AM
Love? We heard that you guys were buying drinks! :becky:

We were set to vote on that, but it was tabled until February. :banplease:
Sorry, couldn't resist the icon choice. :heh:

Jeff_in_KC
12-22-2010, 09:31 AM
We were set to vote on that, but it was tabled until February. :banplease:
Sorry, couldn't resist the icon choice. :heh:

That is farkin' FUNNY!!! :laugh:

Divemaster
12-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Sorry for the delay... Money Sent!

carlyle
12-22-2010, 09:57 AM
If the actual party is as much fun as reading this thread has been, it will be a blast.

Can't wait.

Jeff_in_KC
12-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I know it's alomst Christmas but let's sign up and help CancerSucksChicago and Kookers Kare! Room is paid for after I collect the pledged but now everything goes to these two charities! www.PayPal.com (http://www.PayPal.com) and use BigCreekBBQ at EmbarQmail dot com!

trueque
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Logging into Paypal now...

Jeff_in_KC
12-28-2010, 12:17 PM
BUMP! www.PayPal.com (http://www.PayPal.com) with email of Big Creek BBQ at EmbarQmail dot com... let's help CancerSucksChicago and Kookers Care!!!

WannaBeBBQueen
12-29-2010, 11:25 AM
don't miss out!!

Jeff_in_KC
01-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Bump! Keep signing up! It's slowed way down since we got enough to cover the cost of the room! We need the donations for KK and CSC!

carlyle
01-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Can't wait for the party. Already signed up and paid via paypal.

Is it still correct, as stated earlier in this thread, that non Brethren are welcome if they wish and can pay at the door?

Jeff_in_KC
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Can't wait for the party. Already signed up and paid via paypal.

Is it still correct, as stated earlier in this thread, that non Brethren are welcome if they wish and can pay at the door?

Absolutely! Anyone is welcome. I would never turn anyone away (unless the room is packed to the gills!) because that's cash that would not go to the charities! Pay at the door is fine! I think Vern and Shane look like great bouncers and collectors! :laugh:

It's now official! Just met with the catering folks at the Hyatt and signed the contract on the room. I'm TRYING to negotiate free munchies for us but not positive it will work out. It's like $30 per pound of dry snacks! That's insane! Popcorn makes you thirsty for more drinks too AND it is light weight so more per pound! LOL! Also, they think we can keep the room til 2AM even though the cash bar must, by state law, close at 1:30 AM.

moocow
01-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Absolutely! Anyone is welcome. I would never turn anyone away (unless the room is packed to the gills!) because that's cash that would not go to the charities! Pay at the door is fine! I think Vern and Shane look like great bouncers and collectors! :laugh:

It's now official! Just met with the catering folks at the Hyatt and signed the contract on the room. I'm TRYING to negotiate free munchies for us but not positive it will work out. It's like $30 per pound of dry snacks! That's insane! Popcorn makes you thirsty for more drinks too AND it is light weight so more per pound! LOL! Also, they think we can keep the room til 2AM even though the cash bar must, by state law, close at 1:30 AM.
We will wear our MooCow security shirts!

Divemaster
01-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Jeff,

Thanks again for getting all of this set up! Both Ramona and I are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2011, 12:15 PM
The room is actually HUGE compared to what I was expecting! If KCBS has 600 at the banquet, I bet we can get half those in there very comfortably. Room says 250 though so whatever.

sizzlinbonesfan
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi Jeff,

Just checking you got a payment for myself, Alissa Hill and Tim Ryals? Thanks!

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Jeff,

Just checking you got a payment for myself, Alissa Hill and Tim Ryals? Thanks!

Yep... $20 for both of you. Thanks!

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2011, 08:17 PM
By the way, I will be making tickets to email out no later than the end of this weekend. They'll be in PDF format. Just print and show at the door. If for some reason you can't be on before you leave for KC and need them earlier than this weekend, just let me know. Anyone paying at the door will receive the special "I Smell Quau" hand stamp! :laugh:

HoDeDo
01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
I'd rather have the stamp than the ticket, please. LOL

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
I just hope all the "love" spilling over over on Basso's board doesn't end up souring the water at the party! LOL! That place is a war zone right now! LOL!

wayne76
01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
I just hope all the "love" spilling over over on Basso's board doesn't end up souring the water at the party! LOL! That place is a war zone right now! LOL!

You got that right!

lunchlady
01-05-2011, 09:11 PM
10 short days and we are SO there!!!

(yep, I'm still counting)

Mike - CSBBBQ
01-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Sorry for the delay. You should have mail Jeff. Barbara and I are in :-D

Ron_L
01-08-2011, 12:02 PM
The party is a week away! There is still time to get your contribution in to Jeff's Paypal account!

Bigdog
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm thinking about coming up just for the party. Anyone have willing to share a room?

WannaBeBBQueen
01-10-2011, 02:56 PM
bump...

BigDog needs a room who's gonna help him out?

Jeff_in_KC
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey folks, we are at about $70 per charity so far... way less than I anticipated! If you're going, get your money to my pay pal account asap! Even if you aren't, you can donate to Kookers Kare and CancerSucks using my pay pal... just indicate it's a donation and no tickets needed. I have about three who have just made donations.

lunchlady
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Hey Jeff... I just had a thought... put out a donation jar AT the After Party... I'd be surprised ifn it didnt fill up...
and thanks again for putting it all together!
See yall soon!

Bigdog
01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey Jeff... I just had a thought... put out a donation jar AT the After Party... I'd be surprised ifn it didnt fill up...
See yall soon!

Yupper, esp. if you get some pretty lady with nice ---- to go around soliciting donations. :shock::thumb:

Jeff_in_KC
01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
See yall soon!

LOL! "Ifn"??? You trying to get the lingo down before you get here! :laugh:

WannaBeBBQueen
01-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Michelle awesome idea...we we're planning to give more money at the door so I'm sure others are thinking the same! Jeff again thanks for doing all this!! See ya Friday!! Travel Safe everyone!

Scottie
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
I'll ask the Hooters girls that I am bringing and see if they will walk around with a jar....

4 smokin butts
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
are they sitting at your table??:wink: is that bottle of jack still in the picture to auction off?

Bigdog
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I'll ask the Hooters girls that I am bringing and see if they will walk around with a jar....

Now there's a plan!:cool:

Jorge
01-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Just because they mentioned Hooters in their Craigslist ad, doesn't mean they work there.:-P

Scottie
01-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Just because they mentioned Hooters in their Craigslist ad, doesn't mean they work there.:-P

Oh...

Scottie
01-11-2011, 12:05 PM
are they sitting at your table??:wink: is that bottle of jack still in the picture to auction off?

I'll try to remember to throw it in the car.. Along with the clippers... :becky:

Jeff_in_KC
01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
What do you folks think on music, if any? I can bring my tower speaker for my iPod but to hear throughout the room, you'd have to crank it, which makes it annoying on the end where it is. The hotel has an installed speaker system (I think in the ceiling) that I could tap into and keep it lower throughout the room, BUT they want $100 to allow us to use it. It's all about making a buck to these hotels! They have totally missed the MULTIPLE times I've reminded them that this is a fund raiser for charities!!!

Jeff_in_KC
01-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Also, does anyone have an item that you would like to donate for which we could sell raffle tickets? Just thinking... but may not be necessary.

Bigdog
01-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Also, does anyone have an item that you would like to donate for which we could sell raffle tickets? Just thinking... but may not be necessary.

Good idea. How about asking everyone who is coming to donate a BBQ item like a bottle of sauce, and jar of rub etc. then we put it all together and raffle it all off as a package deal? This is cheap and painless and could get you some serious cash.

Scottie
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM

I have some CSC stuff and t-shirts... Noithing major on CSC stuff, but tchotchkes from golf outing, et al.

carlyle
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I would say that the extra money for music would be better used toward the charity.

I am new to the Brethren, but usually people want to talk and catch up with old friends plus make new friends. If this forum is any indication, there will be a lot of talking.

Music could be a distraction, or just ignored.

Divemaster
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I agree....

4 smokin butts
01-11-2011, 10:35 PM
were wanting some change.......lets make this memerable party after the party were allthere to fun and fello0wship our store will donate a pair of one half ct. tw diamond studs,too be raffaled,tickeds sold,or bid on......again this goes to our benifit......personaly i think we could sell tickets these and any thing else we have,drawing at 1:11 am need not be present......tickets posted in morn. can collect then. this is our first event like this ,were realing looking foward to meeeting everyone!!! ron do ya a bag for me. 1 or 2 would go great with the studs dennis:clap2:

Jorge
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Folks, this is a great cause. At this point, every dollar collected goes to charity. Cancer Sucks and Kookers Kare. Both of which I've supported in the past, and will support again this year. At $10 a head it's a no brainer.

Jorge
01-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I'll try to remember to throw it in the car.. Along with the clippers... :becky:

I'm not skeered:becky:

Bigdog
01-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Good idea. How about asking everyone who is coming to donate a BBQ item like a bottle of sauce, and jar of rub etc. then we put it all together and raffle it all off as a package deal? This is cheap and painless and could get you some serious cash.

So, no interest in my idea?

Jeff_in_KC
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
I like your idea.

SloppyQ
01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Sorry I can't be there sounds like a lot of fun is going to be had. You peeps have a good time, I'm headed north to ice fish.

Ron_L
01-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I like your idea.

I like 'Dog's idea, too, but I'm concerned that it may be too late for folks to see this and act. I'll toss two extra bags of coffee into my suitcase to raffle off.

There is an iPhone app that lets you enter people's names and it randomly picks a winner, or for less work everyone who enters can be given a number on a slip of paper and then there is an iPhone app to pick a random number based on a set max number.

Divemaster
01-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I too like the idea but I'm not sure I could make it out to the store to pick something up before we leave...

Bigdog
01-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I too like the idea but I'm not sure I could make it out to the store to pick something up before we leave...

I understand but don't you have a sauce rub cabinet? I do and I'm sure that there are some rubs and sauces from the sauce trades that I haven't gotten around to trying yet.

Jeff_in_KC
01-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Ok folks, if you plan to attend this party and have yet to pay, please just pay at the door now. It takes 3-4 business days for PayPal to transfer funds out to the bank so they can be used. Thanks!

dbaldin
01-13-2011, 01:39 PM

Hey, I have stuff for a raffle. We've managed to collect some samples throughout the year, and I have some left that I can throw in.
I have a bottle of Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce, and Rib Tickler Sauce; 2 Cowtown The Squeal Hog Rub cannisters, and I'll up it a notch: I have one remaining WiredBBQ Apron that we could raffle. There were only a couple of these made, so it is a very unique item in itself.

Also, Jeff, we planned on paying at the door, so hope that all helps out.

Bigdog
01-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey, I have stuff for a raffle. We've managed to collect some samples throughout the year, and I have some left that I can throw in.
I have a bottle of Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce, and Rib Tickler Sauce; 2 Cowtown The Squeal Hog Rub cannisters, and I'll up it a notch: I have one remaining WiredBBQ Apron that we could raffle. There were only a couple of these made, so it is a very unique item in itself.

Also, Jeff, we planned on paying at the door, so hope that all helps out.

Thanks. :cool: And to think that this is the guy that the KCBS was "afraid of" and would not let cover the awards. What a bunch of dumbasses. :tsk::crazy::rolleyes::drama:

Scottie
01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
I've got my clippers packed... In case anyone wanted to get in on the auction to shave a certain Admins head... Otherwise, I might have to buy it from auction and honestly, I know the outcome will be me getting a mohawk and it's just too cold in Chicago this time of year for a mohawk...

Divemaster
01-13-2011, 03:31 PM
I've got my clippers packed... In case anyone wanted to get in on the auction to shave a certain Admins head... Otherwise, I might have to buy it from auction and honestly, I know the outcome will be me getting a mohawk and it's just too cold in Chicago this time of year for a mohawk...
Definition: Mohawk
Remnants of the skid mark created by a brain fart.

Jeff_in_KC
01-13-2011, 07:35 PM
So are we putting all this stuff together for one massive raffle item? I think it5 would be cool to do it that way!

Bigdog
01-13-2011, 07:46 PM
You did all the work and had the idea for this so feel free to do as you wish. You may want to wait and see what all you get before you make your decision though. It is also cool that many people could end of winners. You also need to consider that if we end up with a bunch of sauce and rub, someone flying may not be able to take it.

Ron_L
01-13-2011, 08:00 PM
If they check their bag, then the sauce would be OK.

I put a request on Facebook for folks to bring stuff to raffle.

Bigdog
01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
If they check their bag, then the sauce would be OK.

I put a request on Facebook for folks to bring stuff to raffle.

How about 20+ bottles?

Smokin Mike
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
See yall soon!

I love the Idea :thumb:. I will bring extra just for donations anyways.

ThomEmery
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I will bring 3 Eyz
Jeff maybe a few large groupings of products
One would be difficult to even travel with :)

dbaldin
01-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Thanks. :cool: And to think that this is the guy that the KCBS was "afraid of" and would not let cover the awards. What a bunch of dumbasses. :tsk::crazy::rolleyes::drama:

I will, however, be covering you. Have folks log onto http://www.wiredbbq.com to watch, and possibly live chat with the attendees of the party. Hopefully we will show what CAN be done. :boxing::shock:

Bigdog
01-14-2011, 10:39 AM
I will, however, be covering you. Have folks log onto http://www.wiredbbq.com to watch, and possibly live chat with the attendees of the party. Hopefully we will show what CAN be done. :boxing::shock:

See ya Saturday. :cool:

Jeff_in_KC
01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
When we came home from Hawaii a couple of years ago, I brought sauces, etc. back in my checked suitcase. Shouldn't be a problem but we should probably split it all up if we get a lot.