PDA

View Full Version : New to the herd....

CinCity25
10-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Cindy from What Have You Been Smokin'? bbq in Guelph, Ontario Canada. We're a small team consisting of myself, my sister and her husband and my brother and his wife. We have 2 WSMs and an old kettle that still seems to be kickin' despite the duct tape, but they get us through the battles and we love them!

We have been competing for 2 full seasons now and loving it! Last year we did 10 competitions including several NEBS contests, 2 in boston and of course my personal favorite, Harpoon. We only have 4 competitions in Ontario and all are fairly small and we would love to have a showing from our neighbours to the south to help them grow!

This year due to $$ and time constraints (both brought on by my decision to return to University at 29....no one told me it would affect my bbq life!! LOL) I haven't been able to compete with the team nearly as much as I'd like and I tell ya, it's killing me!!! My trip to Jack last weekend certainly rekindled my love of bbq and competing and I made the decision that thesis due and final exams or not, I will compete! :P

My role on the team.....well.....for some reason my love and natural flair for drinking and socializing on the circuit earned me the handle of the Original Pit-Bitch! lol Don't let the name fool you though, I know my Q, I just don't let on or I'd be knee deep in duties when the fun begins! :P

Can't wait to get to know you all and share ideas!

Cindy

willkat98
10-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Welcome Cindy.

Glad you found us, or found Phil, and found us.

again, Welcome

willkat98
10-26-2004, 12:51 PM
And oh yeah,

I'm the shy one

BBQchef33
10-26-2004, 12:52 PM
She picked me up hitch hiking. :)

parrothead
10-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Welcome aboard!

brdbbq
10-26-2004, 01:09 PM

I can't get a visual of that. Welcome to the group.

racer_81
10-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Welcome Cindy. Hope you enjoy the group.

Solidkick
10-26-2004, 01:12 PM
the handle of the Original Pit-Bitch!

we have a male pit-bitch, but he's too busy moving and drinking coronas to visit the site much. :mrgreen: Anyone heard from TK??

Welcome Cindy!
Any friend of Phil's is a friend of ours. Hope you enjoy the site!

MikeG
10-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the group Cindy
Hope you enjoy the site...great cooks and
great people.
Jump in
MikeG

kcquer
10-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Cindy, Welcome to the Brethren!

Gee, can we call ourselves international now?

CinCity25
10-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks guys! I feel at home already....as for the hitch hiking incident....phil, you said you'd never tell!! :P

Can't wait to meet the other pitbitch.....just glad i'm not the only one!

Solidkick
10-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Hell, brothers, SHE ASKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meet Tommy Kendall with his sidekick Sir****sALot. Our male version of "Pit Bitch"

TK's the one in the hat.............. :mrgreen:

CinCity25
10-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Hmmmmm......**wondering when Spam will finally find it's place in the BBQ world and be recognized by the KCBS as a "meat" category**

willkat98
10-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Hmmmmm......**wondering when Spam will finally find it's place in the BBQ world and be recognized by the KCBS as a "meat" category**

NEVER!!!!

Only in Hawaii

BrooklynQ
10-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Welcome Cindy!

racer_81
10-26-2004, 02:19 PM

We have a group of vocal Spam lovers......and a group of vocal Spam haters.

Al? You're turn.

CinCity25
10-26-2004, 02:31 PM
well.....at least now i can completely justify a trip to Hawaii! LOL

Bellybro
10-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Cindy,

Welcome !!

racer_81
10-26-2004, 04:07 PM
So, Cindy, here in the Greater Houston Area I sometimes find it difficult to maintain
temp in really, really, really cold temps - such as below 50F.

How do you handle the temp problem there up north?

Neil
10-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Welcome aboard Cindy. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know. By the way, we must be neighbors, I'm immediately to your south or east depending on where in Ontario you live.

roknrandy
10-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Welcome Cindy :D

CinCity25
10-26-2004, 05:42 PM
So, Cindy, here in the Greater Houston Area I sometimes find it difficult to maintain
temp in really, really, really cold temps - such as below 50F.

How do you handle the temp problem there up north?

i know.....that 50 mark just knocks the breath right out of ya! lol

we just wait until june! :wink:

CinCity25
10-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Welcome aboard Cindy. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know. By the way, we must be neighbors, I'm immediately to your south or east depending on where in Ontario you live.

i'm sure we're pretty close neil, i'm in Guelph which is about 3 hours east of windsor.....60 miles west of Toronto.

chad
10-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood! Thanks for watching out for Phil! :D

The_Kapn
10-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Cindy--Welcome aboard.

Your input will be valuable to the collective knowlege found here.
I see you have allready jumped in and "shared" and that is the key to this group. Thanks.

For the record--TK is the "Origonal and Offical Pit Bitch" of the Brethren.
I am the offical "Pit Bitch" of the Southern Brethren BBQ Team.
That is my job because I can lock-on temps and quality smoke in a Bandera (actually my StudeDera) for hours on end.
I just go into a trance and am "easy to entertain" for hours and hours while DF does the "Chef" stuff :lol:

Glad to have you!
TIM

pqbbq
10-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Welcome Cindy

from North Texas in the Dallas area. I haven't been up North, but always wanted to go. My daughter got to spend a week there in high school and loved it.

Post some pictures ..

Quinn

CinCity25
10-26-2004, 07:41 PM
For the record--TK is the "Origonal and Offical Pit Bitch" of the Brethren.
I am the offical "Pit Bitch" of the Southern Brethren BBQ Team.
That is my job because I can lock-on temps and quality smoke in a Bandera (actually my StudeDera) for hours on end.
I just go into a trance and am "easy to entertain" for hours and hours while DF does the "Chef" stuff :lol:

uh oh....one day on board and i'm already in trouble! lol

i don't know how my team would feel about me being stripped of my title...they have become quite partial to it over the last couple of years....so how about we compromise and declare me the official Pit Bitch of the North? :P

The_Kapn
10-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Cindy,
so how about we compromise and declare me the official Pit Bitch of the North?
There ain't no problem here :lol:
Just wanted to give you some background!
And I was "funning" as we do a lot here :lol:
I think we ought to form a "Pit Bitch Union" and demand recognition!
Welcome!
TIM

Trout_man22
10-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Cindy,

You've got love this group or is it grope? no group is right, I missed grope last month.

Anyway welcome.

Trout

Sgt_Hulka
10-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the group young lady.

willkat98
10-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the group young lady.

There goes the neighborhood.

Who let you out?

CinCity25
10-27-2004, 02:09 PM
You've got love this group or is it grope? no group is right, I missed grope last month.

....i was wondering who that was! :P

cookswithfire
10-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Welcome new brother...I mean sister :D

tommykendall
10-30-2004, 09:47 PM
we have a male pit-bitch, but he's too busy moving and drinking coronas to visit the site much. Anyone heard from TK??

OK OK OK - First, welcome Cindy. Where ya at in Ontario? I was inches close to going on a two year assignment to Ottawa a few years back. I cannot believe you picked up Phil hitchhiking :roll: Anyway - he was a good find. And you bastidge Mr Kick - I thought I finally got rid of the vision of the photo. Yes - I've been busy getting settled in here and drinking buds and 'ronas in SoCal

tommykendall
10-30-2004, 09:50 PM
BTW - we can have as many Pit Bitches as we want on this board. Last year Mr. Kick gave me the distinguished title of MR. Pit Bitch 8)

Solidkick
10-31-2004, 07:58 AM
BTW - we can have as many Pit Bitches as we want on this board. Last year Mr. Kick gave me the distinguished title of MR. Pit Bitch 8)

That is true, I added the title "Mr." hoping to keep you out of therapy.
Did it work? ROTFLMAO.................

Neil
10-31-2004, 08:08 AM
i'm sure we're pretty close neil, i'm in Guelph which is about 3 hours east of windsor.....60 miles west of Toronto.[/quote]

Oops, I must of taken geography brom Chicago Bill. I'm about 3 1/2 hours west of Windsor where I-94 meets Lake Michigan.

cabo
10-31-2004, 10:45 AM

Wait!!!!!!!!!
She picked you up hitch hiking?? You must have thrown yourself in front of her car and begged “take me to the nearest Q joint please, before I go into shock”.
Thank you my child. You saved our Poobah.
Boy! What does that say for us???????

Welcome

CinCity25
10-31-2004, 12:44 PM
OK OK OK - First, welcome Cindy. Where ya at in Ontario? I was inches close to going on a two year assignment to Ottawa a few years back.

i'm in guelph.....60miles west of toronto (or 90miles north-west of buffalo)....ottawa's a beautiful city....would ahve been a great experience!

as for the hitchhiking thing....guys....it was pathetic! there he was sitting on the side of the road with 20lbs of prime rib in a cooler bag and a sign that read "If i don't get to Jack my brothers will take away my horns"....do you now understand my predicament?? :wink:

cabo
11-01-2004, 07:31 AM
as for the hitchhiking thing....guys....it was pathetic! there he was sitting on the side of the road with 20lbs of prime rib in a cooler bag and a sign that read "If i don't get to Jack my brothers will take away my horns"....do you now understand my predicament??

I knew it, there had to be another incentive. Hell, for a twenty lbs. prime rib I’d even pick him up!!! :lol:

Bigdog
11-01-2004, 11:40 AM
as for the hitchhiking thing....guys....it was pathetic! there he was sitting on the side of the road with 20lbs of prime rib in a cooler bag and a sign that read "If i don't get to Jack my brothers will take away my horns"....do you now understand my predicament??

I knew it, there had to be another incentive. Hell, for a twenty lbs. prime rib I’d even pick him up!!! :lol:

I sure wouldn't pick up anyone with their meat in their hands. :twisted: