PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2011 KCBS Banquet, Jan 14 & 15, 2011 - Kansas City

Ron_L
11-30-2010, 04:40 PM
I know that I'm outside of the 30 day window, but lots of folks are planning airfare, etc., so I wanted to know who is planning on going to the KCBS Banquet in January?

Parsley Lady and I are planning on going.

http://www.kcbs.us/banquet.php

Scottie
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
I'll be there. Will be sitting at Quau's table again... Driving this year, so I can stop off for some lunch at Smokey D's on the way down...

Jorge
11-30-2010, 05:28 PM
I'll be there. Will be sitting at Quau's table again... Driving this year, so I can stop off for some lunch at Smokey D's on the way down...

You can do it!

Michelle and I are in. Flying up Friday and coming home Sunday. We've got a table with Plowboys Nation and Smoke on Wheels.

Smokin' Joe
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Kim and I are planning on it, I guess we'll sit where ever KCBS puts us:-D This table thing seems odd to me:crazy:

Jorge
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM

If you have time to stop in Newton, I could probably find room in the bags for the first trade:wink:

Scottie
11-30-2010, 06:32 PM
You just let me know how many pounds of blue you want!!!! Although the other cheese is outstanding as well.

Should I bring my clippers Jorge? ;)

HoDeDo
11-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Not clippers again. LOL

4 smokin butts
11-30-2010, 11:59 PM
4 smokin butts in ...... southwest flying in for 59.00 great deal

Jeff_in_KC
12-01-2010, 12:15 AM
What's all this talk of a banquet? We're not done competing yet and y'all are already talking January! :becky: Tammy and I will be there. Table still in the works.

Bill-Chicago
12-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Parsley Lady and I are planning on going.

You folks driving the new CKC 110?

Alexa RnQ
12-01-2010, 09:05 AM
What's all this talk of a banquet? We're not done competing yet and y'all are already talking January!
No kidding! I suppose the first I'll be able to draw breath to think about it will be Jan. 2!

Divemaster
12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Ramona and I are all set to be there!

If you have time to stop in Newton, I could probably find room in the bags for the first trade:wink:
Heck, we can talk now... I've got 4 pounds of blue in the fridge!

Look familiar???
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/Divemaster_album/Divemaster_Food/IMG00046.jpg

Ron_L
12-01-2010, 09:26 AM

I think we're going to fly (United miles), but we haven't finalized plans yet. IL 110 really doesn't look like it would save much time over the interstates, but it may be interesting to see some new places if we decide to drive.

trueque
12-01-2010, 12:12 PM
My wife and I will be there. We are driving and combining this into a couples weekend getaway. Plan on hitting a other fav's in KC.

Scottie
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM

What is that? I see those signs on I-88.

Scottie
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
What is that? I see those signs on I-88.

So theywant you to take backroads through Illinois? No thanks. I'll stay on a Interstate... Plus I can get Maytag for Jorge...

Jorge
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I like the way you think. I'll make the stop worth it for you....

Ron_L
12-01-2010, 01:37 PM
So theywant you to take backroads through Illinois? No thanks. I'll stay on a Interstate... Plus I can get Maytag for Jorge...

It's actually 4 lane highway all the way. We went that way to Quincy last year (not knowing it was part of CKC 110) and it was easy travel. But, I'm still not convinced that it would be faster than the Interstates.

mobow
12-01-2010, 07:44 PM
wife and i plan to attend. keith

vexter1
12-02-2010, 06:44 AM
My wife & I are attending - looking forward to it!

DocStl
12-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Doc and Susan will be there! Looking foreward to seeing everyone!

Diva
12-02-2010, 10:55 AM

Bring me some Maytag and I'll have something for you! :becky:

Jorge
12-02-2010, 11:08 AM

I've always wanted to have a mule...just never thought his name would be Scottie:wink:

Scottie
12-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Yes you know it... Is Steve coming? I'm driving, so I have more room in my van for a nice big fluffy cooler!!! :becky:

And Jorge... Hee haw.. Are we still going to do the shave your head for charity? Highest bidder wins? :icon_shy

Jorge
12-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes you know it... Is Steve coming? I'm driving, so I have more room in my van for a nice big fluffy cooler!!! :becky:

And Jorge... Hee haw.. Are we still going to do the shave your head for charity? Highest bidder wins? :icon_shy

Talk to my wife about it Scottie. If she approves.......

Scottie
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Talk to my wife about it Scottie. If she approves.......

I'll wear my 12th man A&M jersey...

Diva
12-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Yes, he is.

Scottie
12-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Yes, he is.

Nice... I'll bring the Harpoon for the pre-party... ;)

Bunny
12-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Rich and I will be there.

WannaBeBBQueen
12-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Skip and I will be there. Andy any room left for two more?

HoDeDo
12-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Skip and I will be there. Andy any room left for two more?

We are trying to figure out where we'll be staying right now... ( we usually stay one night at the event site) When are you getting in and what are your plans?

WannaBeBBQueen
12-08-2010, 08:11 AM
We are trying to figure out where we'll be staying right now... ( we usually stay one night at the event site) When are you getting in and what are your plans?

We'll be in on Thursday probably late afternoon, we have a room @ the hotel until Sunday :becky:

jbrink01
12-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks to Jorge, I'll be driving over and attending!! I assume the banquet is Saturday night?

ThomEmery
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Probably driving in

HoDeDo
12-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks to Jorge, I'll be driving over and attending!! I assume the banquet is Saturday night?

Well I guess if we dont get Michelle,... you'll do LOL:thumb::thumb:

Buster Dog BBQ
12-09-2010, 09:49 AM

Let me know when. Maybe I can buy you lunch.

ThomEmery
12-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Can we do a Brethren Party?

Jeff_in_KC
12-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Someone should call the Hyatt and ask about reserving/booking a meeting or small banquet room for after the awards for the Brethren and see costs of them setting up a bar and having some munchies.

smknwhlswife
12-09-2010, 10:33 AM

I think we all should go down stairs to Fritz's and all get conductor hats and watch the little train go around and bring us food. :laugh: :behindsofa:

carlyle
12-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I plan to be at the banquet.

Have not been in the Brethren very long so I don't know many members.
Hoping to meet and get acquainted with fellow Brethren during this event.

ThomEmery
12-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Describe Fritz's please

Jeff_in_KC
12-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Just called the Hyatt Catering and Meeting Planning department. The manager who can quote prices is out on an appointment. I'll post what I find out when she calls me. While it's fun to go from room to room (and in the case of two years ago, the stairwell on the 12th floor!), it does get old having security chase you around, telling you there've been noise complaints and to quiet down or you will be removed from the hotel!

smknwhlswife
12-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Describe Fritz's please

www.fritzskc.com

Scottie
12-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Let me know when. Maybe I can buy you lunch.

I was always told that fellow A-Team members ate for nothing... we'll see how far he remembers that.... :thumb: So maybe I can treat!!!

Ron_L
12-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I was always told that fellow A-Team members ate for nothing... we'll see how far he remembers that.... :thumb: So maybe I can treat!!!

Wouldn't know about that...

:-P

Jeff_in_KC
12-09-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm on the road so kinda hard to do this on my phone but got a call back from Dana the catering manager at the Hyatt. She said for a cash bar and a room that would hold up to 300 people set up as a reception, with taxes it would be $740. If we had 150 people interested, it would be $5 each. Anyone interested? This room is on the lower level around the corner from the sports bar. She can't hold it without money so we are at the mercy of anyone else wanting it with cash to give her.

moocow
12-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm on the road so kinda hard to do this on my phone but got a call back from Dana the catering manager at the Hyatt. She said for a cash bar and a room that would hold up to 300 people set up as a reception, with taxes it would be $740. If we had 150 people interested, it would be $5 each. Anyone interested? This room is on the lower level around the corner from the sports bar. She can't hold it without money so we are at the mercy of anyone else wanting it with cash to give her.
Ask her if you can pay for it with your TOY money! It would be a nice thing for you to do for us after putting up with your crap all year!:-P

We would have no problem paying the 5$to who ever sets it up.

Ron_L
12-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Would we be able to get 150 people? We're in for two people if we can pull it off.

Ron_L
12-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Before I pay my money to KCBS for the banquet tickets, does anyone on the Brethren have a table with two extra seats?

4 smokin butts
12-09-2010, 01:48 PM
ron we have 2 tables, reps from auther,, ques your daddy, h que,ripple q, 4 smokin butts, big o's, your welcome to join us just tell kelly we have 2 seat open

trueque
12-09-2010, 01:58 PM

My wife and I are in for two if this gets rolling...

4 smokin butts
12-09-2010, 02:11 PM
i ve never been there before,but even 20.00 couple would be ok...what would be cancel policy be if they hold cc # like hotels......till you get better idea of count...can you email allbreathern? dennis

Scottie
12-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Wouldn't know about that...

:-P

Come as my guest... :becky:

Scottie
12-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Before I pay my money to KCBS for the banquet tickets, does anyone on the Brethren have a table with two extra seats?

I think there were a couple extra seats at Quau's table (s)... I know he has a few... I could talk to Mike if you wanted...

ThomEmery
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
I am looking for two seats
Kyle is going with me
Pulling a new(to us) BBQ Trailer home

Jeff Yes we would be very interested in A Brethren Reception
$10 a head any extra $ goes to Cancersucks

Scottie
12-09-2010, 03:42 PM
lol... I thought you were getting rid of your trailer collection Thom?

Glad Kyle is coming. Can you bring some warm weather with you as well? :thumb:

ThomEmery
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM
lol... I thought you were getting rid of your trailer collection Thom?

Glad Kyle is coming. Can you bring some warm weather with you as well? :thumb:

This is a vending trailer
With a back porch for my FEC
may even be room for your FEC also
Yes we will pack a few 80 degree days in the pick up

KC_Bobby
12-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Boondoggle would HIT this after the banquet.

Can stretch the dollar (raise more donation to CancerSucks) instead of renting a bartender - could we all donate (bring) a bottle or 12 pack and sell (give donation) them to our group for $ each? I'm assuming we can find a few members that have previous tending experience or we are all honorable right?

Or do we need to buy booze from them in order to have booze in the room?

ThomEmery
12-10-2010, 07:12 PM
That would be great
Is it doable?

Bunny
12-10-2010, 11:40 PM

We're inerested!:-D

WannaBeBBQueen
12-11-2010, 08:55 AM

You can count us in :becky:

Smokin' Joe
12-11-2010, 01:51 PM
You could count us in as well!

Bigdog
12-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Boondoggle would HIT this after the banquet.

Can stretch the dollar (raise more donation to CancerSucks) instead of renting a bartender - could we all donate (bring) a bottle or 12 pack and sell (give donation) them to our group for $ each? I'm assuming we can find a few members that have previous tending experience or we are all honorable right?

Or do we need to buy booze from them in order to have booze in the room?

Good idea Bobby, but I am sure that the hotel will not go for it. They make too much money with their cash bar thingie. Now the hotel would be smart to just let you use the room and not disturb the guests, but then again, that makes too much sense. :roll:

Jeff_in_KC
12-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I asked, Bobby and they said no. Gotta be their stuff. Like Big Dog says, it would make too much sense for them to let us do that and not bother all the other guests! I'm calling Monday to see if we can hold it with a credit card and cancel if we don't have the interest from at least 125 people. I think we're up to about 20 now! LOL! Probably should open it up to any "forum" since we want more $$$ to go to Scottie's foundation, ya think? I don't have a problem with it. For now, if you have a pay pal account, how about we start collecting? I'd say we need to let them know for sure by the end of the year. What do you all think per head? $5 or $10?

ThomEmery
12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
$10 and get er done

Ron_L
12-11-2010, 07:44 PM
$10 and get er done

Agreed.

ThomEmery
12-11-2010, 08:42 PM

$10 Brethren Prepay,
More at the Door?
and the extra goes to Cancersucks OK?

2Fat
12-12-2010, 08:25 AM
$10 Brethren Prepay,
More at the Door?
and the extra goes to Cancersucks OK?

paypal would be nice--then maybe some folks that cant make the trip would kick in so the party could happen--just saying

ThomEmery
12-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Chime in Guys we need to hear from more of you

Jeff_in_KC
12-12-2010, 10:18 AM
My PayPal email is BigCreekBBQ@EmbarQmail.com if anyone wants to get it rolling. You don't have to put the Q in EmbarQmail in caps but I did here because it gets mistaken a lot otherwise. I'll send everyone who sends in a confirmation. as a "ticket". If we don't get enough, I'll refund your money as soon as we make that decision.

ThomEmery
12-12-2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96977

The RSVP thread

Jeff_in_KC
12-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey it looks like we have 14 for our table of ten! Getting two tables now - need six more. Anyone interested?

Joe, got your message on Facebook. No, don't need to do anything yet. Most at our table(s) members have paid individually to KCBS. KCBS said we can "bunch them into tables" once we get all we need.

Divemaster
12-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey it looks like we have 14 for our table of ten! Getting two tables now - need six more. Anyone interested?

Joe, got your message on Facebook. No, don't need to do anything yet. Most at our table(s) members have paid individually to KCBS. KCBS said we can "bunch them into tables" once we get all we need.
Ramona and I could use two, if you still have the space...

Jeff_in_KC
12-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Ramona and I could use two, if you still have the space...

Sounds good. You signed up with KCBS yet?

Bentley
12-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Do they serve BBQ at the dinner?

ThomEmery
12-13-2010, 09:44 PM
The caterer would have to have BRASS .....

Jeff_in_KC
12-13-2010, 09:50 PM
No not BBQ! There would be a revolt! It's always been pretty good food at the banquets I've attended. Philadelphia not so much though. They ran out and started bringing all sorts of crap out of the kitchen as entrees! I'm sure KCBS will address that this year and ensure enough fod for all.

Divemaster
12-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Sounds good. You signed up with KCBS yet?
No, not yet. Drop me a PM as to how you want me to handle it.

No not BBQ! There would be a revolt! It's always been pretty good food at the banquets I've attended. Philadelphia not so much though. They ran out and started bringing all sorts of crap out of the kitchen as entrees! I'm sure KCBS will address that this year and ensure enough fod for all.
As I recall, they were even grabbing food (boiled ribs and fried chicken) were from a wedding next store. :doh:

Jeff_in_KC
12-14-2010, 03:55 PM
We're up to $110 for the after-party funds! Come on folks! We need to reserve this ASAP! Still $630 to go plus whatever we split with KK and CSC! PayPal account is BigCreekBBQ@Embarqmail.com (BigCreekBBQ@Embarqmail.com) . Lots of you have said you're in... so now get "officially" in! LOL!

Jorge
12-14-2010, 04:37 PM
We're up to $110 for the after-party funds! Come on folks! We need to reserve this ASAP! Still $630 to go plus whatever we split with KK and CSC! PayPal account is BigCreekBBQ@Embarqmail.com (BigCreekBBQ@Embarqmail.com) . Lots of you have said you're in... so now get "officially" in! LOL!

We are paid, sorry about the delay Jeff! My wife isn't making the trip, but it's for a good cause if we can make it happen.

If this doesn't happen, I WILL BE A HALL MONITOR ON MY FLOOR AND NARK ALL YOU OTHER FARKERS OUT!:-P Cough up the green!

Scottie
12-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Ill give up $100 for the banquet, if I can auction off an imported (not sold in the states) a bottle of Jack Daniel's Silver. The official drink of the A-Team. Any proceeds will be split between the charities. I want to say they sell Silver for $70-75. Can even have it autographed while a certain Admin gets his head shaved!!!! ;) man, I better show up with a Mohawk or I have a feeling I am in trouble... By then again, he might be a hall monitor and bust your ass!!!!! ;)

So come on boys. It ain't talk if you back it up. Win win. I cover a hondo and charities are guaranteed a few bucks.

So what do you all think? Offer off the table tomorrow. So an Admin might have to approve to do this?

ThomEmery
12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a winner

Bunny
12-14-2010, 11:23 PM

Jeff,

Next time I see ya I'll give you $20.

Bunny

Jeff_in_KC
12-15-2010, 08:15 AM
We're up to $330 now! Keep it rolling! And this isn't going to JUST be for Brethren! Invite anyone you know who is coming to town for the KCBS Banquet! If nothing else, it becomes a recruiting tool for the Brethren! :becky: Just pass along my email (BigCreekBBQ@EmbarQmail.com) and have folks send $10 per head at www.PayPal.com (http://www.PayPal.com).

Scottie, are you talking auctioning off this bottle online or at the party? We could auction it there if that's what you mean... just couldn't break it open in the party room. THANKS!!! I'm good with it.

Ron_L
12-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Ill give up $100 for the banquet, if I can auction off an imported (not sold in the states) a bottle of Jack Daniel's Silver. The official drink of the A-Team. Any proceeds will be split between the charities. I want to say they sell Silver for $70-75. Can even have it autographed while a certain Admin gets his head shaved!!!! ;) man, I better show up with a Mohawk or I have a feeling I am in trouble... By then again, he might be a hall monitor and bust your ass!!!!! ;)

So come on boys. It ain't talk if you back it up. Win win. I cover a hondo and charities are guaranteed a few bucks.

So what do you all think? Offer off the table tomorrow. So an Admin might have to approve to do this?

I'm OK with this. Sounds like a good way to help a couple of great causes.

Jorge
12-15-2010, 09:13 AM

Works for me.

Scottie
12-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Auction it here... Dennis Keck sent me an email for $100... of course not selling shots at a banquet room would be illegal... just don't tell them to look under my table during the dinner part!!!! lol

Jorge
12-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Auction it here... Dennis Keck sent me an email for $100... of course not selling shots at a banquet room would be illegal... just don't tell them to look under my table during the dinner part!!!! lol

There might be a bottle of Single Barrel under a table in the back. Just Sayin.....

Scottie
12-15-2010, 10:59 AM
There might be a bottle of Single Barrel under a table in the back. Just Sayin.....

Damn, I have to talk Quau to sit in the back... Didn't think about that sitting up front. I'll tell him he has a longer way to walk to the stage and longer applause from the crowd. He'll appreciate that! :becky:

Hmmm Clonesicle shots of Jack Silver... Can you say buttah!!! :thumb:

lunchlady
12-15-2010, 05:13 PM
YAY! I'm coming to KC (with a bunch of NEBS-peeps... as per the usual)...
and Ive already paid up for the after-bash as well!

Put yer money where yer mouth is folks, I suspect this will be a good time...

One short month and we'll be there! Counting the days...

Jeff_in_KC
12-15-2010, 09:02 PM
As I posted in the thread dedicated to just the after-party, we're now up to $470 today! Only $270 to go! Let's make this happen so that everything collected that night goes to charity! Again, my PayPal account is at BigCreekBBQ@EmbarQmail.com!

sizzlinbonesfan
12-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Is it too late to sign up for the after party?

Driving in from Muskogee, Oklahoma.

Ron_L
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Nope! Paypal info is in the post above.

Scottie
12-27-2010, 03:38 PM
My PayPal finally set me free.

Should have the hondo Jeff.

Jeff_in_KC
12-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Got it, Scottie! Thanks my friend! Hope we round up some bucks now for CSC and KK!!!

Jorge
12-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Scottie, are you going to announce the special event you have?:redface::crazy:

Jorge
12-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Is there something else going on in KC that weekend? I just reserved my rental and Enterprise was sold out of the Luxury and Premium class.

ThomEmery
12-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Going to ride the shuttle

Diva
12-28-2010, 10:54 AM
We may have a playoff game going on. The dates haven't been announced yet.

trueque
12-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Jeff,

I just sent in for two via Paypal. See you there.

Jeff_in_KC
12-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Got it, Michael! Thanks!

sizzlinbonesfan
12-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi, making sure you got paypal for two from me??

Thanks,
Alissa Hill
Muskogee, OK

Ron_L
01-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Are there any plans being made for Friday night? i was thinking of going to Julian the restaurant owned by Chef Celina Tio, who was on this season of The Next Iron Chef on the Food Network.

http://www.juliankc.com/

It's more expensive, but I don't get to KC very often any more. Anyone interested? I can see if Chef Tio will be in house and see if she will visit us.

I'm not bound to this, so if there are other options and Parsley Lady and I can tag along, let me know!

Ron_L
01-08-2011, 12:16 PM
OK... In the immortal words of Emily Litella...

Never mind!

I just check and there are no tables open at Julian until late March!!!!

I guess I should plan ahead :oops:

So... What's going on on Friday night? :becky:

Buster Dog BBQ
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Just purchased my after party tickets. See you guys at the after party. I am going to ask a really dumb question but I am guessing this is very casual dress. Not been to a KCBS banquet before and not sure how those coming from that are going to be rolling in.

Bigdog
01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm thinking of coming up just for the party. Anyone have a room that they would be willing to share?

Ron_L
01-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Just purchased my after party tickets. See you guys at the after party. I am going to ask a really dumb question but I am guessing this is very casual dress. Not been to a KCBS banquet before and not sure how those coming from that are going to be rolling in.

Last year you saw everything from t-shirts to shirt and tie. I think the average guy was wearing a nice dress shirt, no tie.

lunchlady
01-08-2011, 04:42 PM
... I am going to ask a really dumb question but I am guessing this is very casual dress. Not been to a KCBS banquet before and not sure how those coming from that are going to be rolling in.

Now THAT is the question for the girlie-girls... :confused:
At past banquets I've seen everything from jeans/team shirts to sequined long dresses... this is the 25th so you never know.
All I know is that the heels are coming OFF for the after party... :clap2:
Hey Scottie... will there be dancing? :whoo:

Buster Dog BBQ
01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Now THAT is the question for the girlie-girls...
Easy now. This is my first time out since I got sick back in August. Don't want to make everyone else look bad.

ThomEmery
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Got my Tux ready :)

Funtimebbq
01-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Weather looks like it will be somewhere around 20 degrees. Are the roads leading in/out of the airport well maintained during snowy conditions? Flying in on Friday and I haven't driven in snow for probably 20 years. Need to return to the airport on Saturday to pick up others.

Thanks for any info.

Benny

Ron_L
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Weather looks like it will be somewhere around 20 degrees. Are the roads leading in/out of the airport well maintained during snowy conditions? Flying in on Friday and I haven't driven in snow for probably 20 years. Need to return to the airport on Saturday to pick up others.

Thanks for any info.

Benny

What time are you flying in, Benny?

I just want to make sure that we aren't on the roads at the same time as you just in case :becky:

smknwhlswife
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM

Thanks for any info.

Benny

You should be good by Friday. We are expecting snow starting tomorrow night and ending early Tuesday morning. That is more than enough time for the streets to be good.

I can update you later in the week if you would like. Here is the local channel that I like best if you want to check on your own. www.kmbc.com

Funtimebbq
01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks a lot. We're flying in around 4:00 provided we don't get stranded in Denver. I'm thinking of paying for the extra insurance just in case.

Benny

Buster Dog BBQ
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
You should be good by Friday. We are expecting snow starting tomorrow night and ending early Tuesday morning. That is more than enough time for the streets to be good.

I can update you later in the week if you would like. Here is the local channel that I like best if you want to check on your own. www.kmbc.com (http://www.kmbc.com)
Accuweather has freezing rain on the weekend. Hope they are wrong this far out.

rroper1951
01-09-2011, 03:27 PM
The better half and I will be there

4 smokin butts
01-09-2011, 04:13 PM
4 smokin butts ariving 8:oo at airport with 6 people on friday morn. supose to meet jim & lesle of big O's bbq and go out for lunch. any suggustions where to go around 11:00?

Ron_L
01-09-2011, 05:00 PM
4 smokin butts ariving 8:oo at airport with 6 people on friday morn. supose to meet jim & lesle of big O's bbq and go out for lunch. any suggustions where to go around 11:00?

Well... If you're up for BBQ, you can share in a piece of Brethren history :becky:

http://www.smokehousebbq.com/
8451 NW Prairie View Rd
Kansas City, Missouri 64153
(816) 587-3337

The BBQ was decent, but not great, BUT... This is the birthplace of the MOINK that ultimately led to BBQ Grail creating the MOINK Ball.

The web site doesn't show their hours, so you may want to check.

lunchlady
01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
We've also got "weather" headed this way! Here's hoping we get out!

Does snow mean they'll close the pool? :cry:

smknwhlswife
01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Ok guys!!! Bring your hats and mittens!!! We are looking at 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow and then more snow Friday & Saturday.

The road crews will take care of the highways first and then major streets. Best thing I can tell you is take it nice and slow. I'll update you later in the week.

ThomEmery
01-09-2011, 11:44 PM
I have not been in the snow for years
The wonder of it may last an hour or so :)

Divemaster
01-10-2011, 09:53 AM
We should be arriving some time Friday morning. Having dinner with my family friday eve and then more than likely looking for a drink.... lol

See you all there !

Jeff_in_KC
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I'd be surprised if there's any snot on the roads by Friday/Saturday and I believe there's no more precip in the forecast til the following Monday. It'll be bitter cold though, no doubt.

Ford
01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Hope all of you have a good time. I'll be in Ft Pierce cooking a contest. And what's this ice, snow and cold stuff. :confused: I've been back here for 6 days now and have totally forgotten. Could get into the 30's later this week for a few minutes and that's darn cold. :shocked:

Again have fun on the rubber chicken circuit while I'm slaving over a cooker. :heh: :laugh: :thumb:

Ron_L
01-13-2011, 07:40 AM
If anyone wants any Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee delivered at the banquet, this is you last chance! We leave early tomorrow morning.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98571

Scottie
01-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Just one flavor Ron? Ill buy some. Just running out of my last bag of Highlander. Extra strong today and I am ready forvthe day.... ooooooo eeeeee

smknwhlswife
01-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Just a weather/road update. Hwy's & Major streets should are clear. The local stations are saying different things for this weekend. Most likely we will have something this weekend, whether it is just a mix or more snow on Saturday and Sunday.

ThomEmery
01-13-2011, 09:49 AM
If anyone wants any Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee delivered at the banquet, this is you last chance! We leave early tomorrow morning.

Ron We drink Starbucks French Roast
I would like to try your coffee that would be close to that
but maybe better :) in flavor
See you there

4 smokin butts
01-13-2011, 10:00 AM
put me down for a bag or 2,thanks ron.. were also brinng some nice diamond stud s ,we will sell tickets for these,all monies to benifit 14k white gold one half ct tw dennis

Ron_L
01-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Ron We drink Starbucks French Roast
I would like to try your coffee that would be close to that
but maybe better :) in flavor
See you there

I don't have anything like Starbuck's French Roast, Thom. I won't do that to coffee :-D i think you'll like my roasts, however. I roast lighter than Starbucks, which allows the flavors of the coffee to shine instead of the caramelized sugars that dominate the Starbucks' roasts.

Ron_L
01-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Anyone else for coffee? We're leaving in the morning so I need to know tonight.

Please post in this thread...

I've added the folks who have posted interest in this thread.

Please track me down at the Banquet. I don't want to have to carry any bags back home :)

Divemaster
01-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Anyone else for coffee? We're leaving in the morning so I need to know tonight.

Please post in this thread...

I've added the folks who have posted interest in this thread.

Please track me down at the Banquet. I don't want to have to carry any bags back home :)
I wouldn't want to put you through that kind of strain... I'll carry them for you.... lol

Ron_L
01-13-2011, 11:32 AM
If i have any leftovers available for purchase I'll let you know :-D

Divemaster
01-13-2011, 11:34 AM
What?!?!?

I was reaching out to a brother to help him out... Now I think I'll charge you to bring them back to my house... I mean your house...

Scottie
01-13-2011, 01:13 PM

you can talk to me.. Get me 3 bags. If you have different roasts, awesome. If not, that is fine as well. Do we get frequent buyer cards? :becky:

Smokin' Joe
01-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone there, couldn't get my paypal to work but I will donate at the door and see everyone at the afterparty as well!

Funtimebbq
01-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Just a weather/road update. Hwy's & Major streets should are clear. The local stations are saying different things for this weekend. Most likely we will have something this weekend, whether it is just a mix or more snow on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks Again Kim,

Fair Warning Everyone,

I've decided to drive in from MCI. I'll be on the roads around 4 pm on Friday so be afraid, very afraid.

Benny

ThomEmery
01-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Hitch hiked with Benny over to the hotel
We made it in one piece just fine
:)
Really having a great time
BBQ People are the best folks in the world
The sports bar was jumping last night
I will try to post a few videos to my site today