PDA

View Full Version : Calling Orlando, FL Brethren

JiveTurkey
11-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm going to be in Orlando from 12-2 to 12-11 for the youth football championships. If any brethren want to meet up for lunch or dinner or golf or wanna show me around or whatever PM me. Since I'm a coach I'm on my own out there so give me a holler! I'm excited! First time ever to the national championships *****nervous******

JiveTurkey
12-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Bored in Florida. :bored:

I think I'm gonna go feed the alligators tomorrow. There is a BBQ place down the road but it looks touristy since I'm right next to Disney World. I asked the hotel receptionist where the "good bbq is" and she pointed me there, I'm skeptical. It's called "Wildside BBQ", I'll go tomorrow maybe. First game is on Monday so we're getting the kids used to the humidity until then. Nice weather out here I gotta say, no wonder all the blue hairs retire out here. ;)

bbq.tom
12-09-2010, 10:59 AM
I know that this is coming rather late in your trip, but just in case you still have the opportunity...

There is a place (actually several of them) called "Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que". Kind of a "Texas" style (I think).

Do yourself a favor and skip "Bubbalou's"! It truly wasn't that good when I was there!

I got the "Pulled Pork Dinner" which consisted of a large pile of pork, Cole slaw, baked beans, fries, and Texas toast. The meat was too smoky - masked all flavor of pork. Lots of sauce on the meat, but not good flavor. Sauce tasted better on the fries than on the pork. Moist, with LARGE pulled pieces, yet fairly tough and chewy. Slaw was dry and chunky without much flavor. Beans were slightly hard/crunchy, but with good taste and lots of bacon. Fries weren't that good, but LOTS of them. Lots of food for $10 plus tax.

JiveTurkey
12-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks Tom. I did a google search when I was there for "best bbq in Orlando" and one of the top places listed was Cecils Texas Style BBQ. I punched the address in my GPS and headed over there. Pretty good eats, nice place, cool decor. I ordered the three meat plate with ribs, pulled pork and chicken. Plus two sides and texas toast. My belly was hurting after that meal. The ribs were great, pulled pork was good and the chicken not very good. The chicken was served chopped, white meat, and it was pretty dry. Their BBQ sauce was darn good though, I had to drown the chicken in it. Overall a pretty good place, props to the owner for such a fine business and friendly staff. Now I'm back home, our football season is finally over and I have my life back (until spring ball starts!). Thanks again.

Fishiest1
01-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Too late now but I was in the same situation yesterday ie in Orlando but driving home to Ft Myers. I couldnt find anything good in Orlando and I go there about 6 times a year. I did get advice from forum member " Rub" and went to Bubbachucks in Winter Haven and it was very good. I'm not sure if he is a forum member here or not but he did have probably 30-50 bbq competition ribbons and trophies in their place and it showed! The food was really done well and the were also VERY nice people!