PDA

View Full Version : top for a 55 gallon drum

tuvok42
11-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm looking for a top or weber top for a 55 gallon drum to be used as a smoker. I saw a feeder top on ebay made of 16 gauge steel for 50. bucks shipping not included. Any ideas for a top. the closed drum i'm using the top is not usable.

Smokin Turkey
11-30-2010, 05:42 PM
I have an old weber 22.5" kettle lid which works for the UDS. Depending on the measurements of your barrel, you may need to modify the lid or the top of the drum. You are welcome to it but I'd like to get something for it at least a trade of some sort. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Let me know.

BlueHowler
11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
I have an old weber 22.5" kettle lid which works for the UDS. Depending on the measurements of your barrel, you may need to modify the lid or the top of the drum. You are welcome to it but I'd like to get something for it at least a trade of some sort. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Let me know.

What would you consider in trade? I'm getting a quarter pig Saturday and might trade for some bacon or jalapeno cheddar brats.

I.ve had some of the bacon and it is thick cut and tasty.

Smokin Turkey
11-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Would it be worth the shipping for you to colorado? I'm in pa.

BlueHowler
12-01-2010, 07:20 AM
I did not even notice your location. I could buy a used Weber for what it would cost to ship. Sorry but no thanks.