PDA

View Full Version : Cancun, Playa de Carmen, Cozumel

Bride of Roo(BQ'n)
11-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I know someone has to have found some jewel spots for eats around this area, or places to avoid.

Scottie
11-18-2010, 12:08 PM
it's a little shady compared to all of the tourist spots. But we found some incredible meals in downtown Cancun.

txschutte
11-18-2010, 12:24 PM
The Mercado 28 (in Cancun) is a flea market with a great little restaraunt in it. When you guys going, Char?

Bill-Chicago
11-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Bring your gun

DMDon
11-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Like Scottie said, we ate at great place downtown. Rode the bus from the hotel zone and then walked. Its been over 10 years so I have no idea what the name of the place was, but I remember it had a bull and matador in its logo. The name torredors comes to mind, but no guarentees on that(it could just be the cold medicine I am on makes me think that) The food was great and drinks cheap. Have a great time, but don't stray too far off the beaten path.

cowboyupbbq
11-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Take the ferry to cozumel. Right near the ferry, you can rent a jeep for $40-45. Take the road south and it will wind around to the opposite (east) end of the island. There is a great bar right near Punta Morena with really cold beer...and no electricity...also good shrimp tacos. The best part of this side of the island is there are great beaches with no people. The surf is pretty rough, but the beach near the bar had an inlet with an area we could get in the water.

Highly recommended.

Eric

Bride of Roo(BQ'n)
11-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys...Ive got these written down,

Shane we always run away (usually out of the country) for Thanksgiving week. Best time of to get away from the printing company any my clients...

txschutte
11-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Have fun, Char. Please forego the pics of Tom in his banana hammock.