PDA

View Full Version : How much to tender for an event?

esselle
11-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Hi,
I appreciate things may be slightly different over here(UK), but I have just started catering for events and after enquiring about a few one has asked that I send in a written tender amount. How do I even start to work out how much to submit. If it helps at all there will be an attendance of 75,000 - 100,000 over 2 days.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dr_KY
11-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Hi,
I appreciate things may be slightly different over here(UK), but I have just started catering for events and after enquiring about a few one has asked that I send in a written tender amount. How do I even start to work out how much to submit. If it helps at all there will be an attendance of 75,000 - 100,000 over 2 days.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Hey bro give me a PM here or there or call me so we can sit and have a little chat about some of this if you like.

What sort of an event is this going to be with numbers that large?
Is the plan to actually vend food or provide enough to feed them for one lump sum? If it's vending then there isn't an amount you can quote other than you cost as it's all hypothetical as to the amount you could/would sell. Don't fall for some of the traps out there.

We are removing ourselves for festivals and some events in fact the fridge van is out of here in a few days time.Wish I would have known perhaps it could have been of use to you, it's cheaper than paying 500. bones renting one for the weekend.

landarc
11-17-2010, 11:52 AM
The other thing I ran across here was when organizers come to you and say 'I will have 'X' numbers of people, how much will you pay me for the right to vend'. It often ends up that they want you to pay for the right to vend at their event. Just another thing to consider.

Dr_KY
11-17-2010, 04:48 PM
That's pretty much what's going on here. I look at those events and give them a very lo ball number 200.00 and that's if I even consider it. Most times these guys don't have any idea what to charge so they are waiting for you to make the first strike.

Now I have run across a deal for an event put on by the city where they gave me a head count and asked what it would cost to feed them. We set a low price (to get the job) for my services and it was their job to sell what I cooked. I got paid my amount up front and they sold about 5% of the product. The city put someone in charge of taking the payments so there wasn't any fiddling.

See if this is what they are after and if do then get in there!!

Anything other than that then I would walk away.