PDA

View Full Version : Pellets for Flavor

Candy Sue
11-02-2010, 03:41 PM
In the one pound bags, BBQr's Delight makes a 100% specie food-grade pellets in 12 wood flavors. These flavors are hickory, mesquite, pecan, apple, cherry, oak, orange, black walnut, mulberry, sassafras, sugar maple and alder. Two blended pellets are offered in the flavor line up. Savory Herb is a mixture of oak sawdust with leafy oregano, rosemary and thyme. The heat generated by the pelleting process "activiates" the herbs, yielding a pellet that has the aroma of pizza and a distinctive flavor.

Jack Daniel's Smoking Pellets are also offered by BBQr's Delight. These are made from the mellowing charcoal generated by the process at the distillery. The mellowing charcoal is mixed with oak sawdust and pelletized.

Scottie
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Love th Savory when I am grilling lamb or lamb chops.

Butcher BBQ
11-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Great pellets, on all flavors. I have used the orange with pork on the grill and the savory with fish.

RixCue
11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
The JD is great for brisket !

HarleyEarl
11-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I switched to BBQr's Delight at the beginning of this season and it made quite a difference - cleaner and consistent burn & less saw dust. Need to stock up over the winter or next year.