PDA

View Full Version : Ozark Farm Kid in Davis, CA

Khinkali
09-23-2004, 12:37 AM
Hello Brethren,

This farm kid from S.W. MO is a long ways from home and his smoker. I have a BSKD that is still in the box at my parent's house in Springfield, MO and I'm living in Davis, CA. My wife and I are driving my car out over new years so I'll be up running then. Reading this site and not having access to my smoker is killing me.

I've been smoking on my weber kettle for arournd three years. Nothing like spendind the day taking care of a couple of butts while enjoying a few cold ones with some friends. The problem is I just moved from Columbia, MO and have yet to meet anyone around here who would enjoy such a day.

This summer I cooked up around 10 butts for my rehersal dinner this summer. Not sure if it was more fun cooking or enjoying with my friends.

Looking foward to some good Q discussion.

Kurt

Bellybro
09-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Kurt,

Welcome to the site, Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest if us. I live in Hallsville and work in Columbia.

Share what you know and ask what you don't. these folks are good peoples!!!

Neil
09-23-2004, 04:31 AM
Welcome aboard Kurt. Enjoy what you learn here and we will appreciate all you have to offer also. It's the Brethren way.

BellyBrotherII
09-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Jump rite in Kurt, we are glad your here, make your self at home and share what you know, and ask of us what you don't.

MikeG
09-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Welcome Kurt,
Jump in and enjoy....
Mikeg

kcquer
09-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Kurt, its sad to lose a MOFO (member from Missouri) to the land of granola (what ain't fruits and nuts is flakes) but there is hope. There are Brethren in California spreading the word that tofu is not the way and Q is the real deal. Congrats on the recent Wedding and blessed event (your new smoker). Best group of guys you could ever hope to meet here, all willing to pass along what they know. Welcome Brother!

parrothead
09-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Welcome.

cookswithfire
09-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Welcome brother

BigBelly
09-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Welcome aboard! You will love this site if you do not already...

brdbbq
09-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the group. Missouri to California what a big change.

Bill-Chicago
09-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Welcome Kurt.

BrooklynQ
09-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Welcome.

jt
09-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Welcome, Kurt. Glad to have you here and sorry to lose you to Cali (I'm in the Columbia, MO area, too).

Trout_man22
09-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Welcome Kurt,

My real brother lives a few miles away from you in Woodland and I went to Collage there in Davis great cow collage crappy football team (none when I went). Tracy is a few miles south of you and it will be the place to go the get food when your not doing your own. Some of the best steaks on earth have come from Tracy CA. Now if my draft doging brother (can't you feel the love) didn't live there I might just stop by for a beer sometime.

Trout

parrothead
09-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Cow collage? Like this?

Bill-Chicago
09-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Wow, and artist

Khinkali
09-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. To the people back in Missouri, keep the home smoke a rolling. To the Qers in CA, good to know you are out there. Personaly, I can't wait to fire my smoker up for a nice slow and low burn to keep the neighbors guessing.

I met a crazy Australian the other day who wants to learn the Art of the Q. I'm going to send him to this site. Next thing you know, the Brethren will be spreading the word to down under.

Oh one last thing for BellyBro: Next time you go to Booches for a couple of cheeseburgers and a cold Stag, have a bite in my honor. I miss that place.

Bellybro
09-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh one last thing for BellyBro: Next time you go to Booches for a couple of cheeseburgers and a cold Stag, have a bite in my honor. I miss that place.

Definitly a Columbia institution. Will Do!

Trout_man22
09-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Cow collage? Like this?
Greg, Bite me :wink: I'm an engineer not a farking english major.

Bill congratulations you did not make fun of someone misspelling a word or using the wrong word. Again Greg Bite me. :wink:

Trout

parrothead
09-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Love ya troutman!

tommykendall
09-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Kurt - welcome aboard. We have (had) a brother in Sacramento (Larry G) which I think is pretty close to you. Also got a brother (brethren) in Cupertino and Redwood City.

jt
09-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Hit Booches yesterday for lunch. But no beer :( Had to go back to work...

Solidkick
09-24-2004, 08:28 AM
a cold Stag

I don't think you can get Stag in Missouri anymore, I think it all gets shipped to Illinois.

Solidkick
09-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Cow collage? Like this?
Greg, Bite me :wink: I'm an engineer not a farking english major.

Bill congratulations you did not make fun of someone misspelling a word or using the wrong word. Again Greg Bite me. :wink:

Trout

With his ability to dish out crap to our brother(s) from our neighboring state, the MOFOS are pleased to announce that "Troutman 22" has earned the title of honorary member of the highly esteemed Midwest council of the Brethren.

JT, as sargent at arms, you get to teach him the secret butt slap..............

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jt
09-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Come over to the yellow room, Trout, and I'll show how this works... :twisted:

Trout_man22
09-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Why does Animal House and the image of Neidermeyer slapping my a$$ come to mind. Neidermeyer was killed by his own troops.

BayouBound
10-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Kurt,
Sorry to hear the you moved to the second most liberal city in California (Berkeley is #1). There is a good selection of fruit and nut hardwoods in your area, not fruits and nuts! And you can buy Lazzari Misquite charcoal at Safeway, no lighter fluid please (get a chimney starter). Watch out though. The California Air Resources Board may fine you for creating smoke for your smoker.

And for you Trout, "Drop and give me twenty!"

Bayoubound

spicewine
10-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Welcome Kurt: It is your duty to spread the knowledge of Q to California! I don't think they really know what they are missing! I volunteer to go to Austraila to show them how to Q.