PDA

View Full Version : Bash has begun

jt
09-17-2004, 04:31 PM
OK

BigDog and I got here about 2:15. Shock, Daveway and Mark will be here shortly but they had make a pitstop at Hardees - something about ham & cheese sandwiches...

The first BBs are foiled and almost ready for the cooler and a 2# fatty ready to go.

More to come on this channel....film at, well, whenever Shock sets up the cam. Big moon rising tonight :twisted:

jt
09-17-2004, 05:06 PM
1st fatty being sliced at the bash...

chad
09-17-2004, 05:48 PM
So, like, somebody fire up Yahoo messenger and let's get the party started!!

jt
09-17-2004, 06:04 PM
we're there - sent you an IM

parrothead
09-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Ribs just coming off right now. St. Loius guys here any second. After they eat we are taking a boat ride and will be back on after that.

parrothead
09-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Oops. Ribs fell apart. I geuss we farked them up. Oh well.

parrothead
09-17-2004, 07:43 PM
Web cam will have to wait for tomorrow. Not enough light. we are going on low light.

Wayne
09-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Dang, and me with three weddings to work tomorrow. Think about me working while you guys are having a cool brew and hot 'Q.

cabo
09-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Ill be thinking about you.hic. UHHH are all these folks marrying each other???? Damn just think what you will make off of one catering.
Bash!!!! What bash? Im on my third Cabo & many more to go..I hope!! Ok maybe 1 more!! But then I got to quit

Solidkick
09-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Ill be thinking about you.hic. UHHH are all these folks marrying each other???? Damn just think what you will make off of one catering.
Bash!!!! What bash? Im on my third Cabo & many more to go..I hope!! Ok maybe 1 more!! But then I got to quit

1 more bottle or 1 more drink? LOL Harry, we'd be nothing without you and I look forward to the day we can party together

brucesieg
09-17-2004, 10:01 PM
guys save some for me i will be there in am. had some sushi tonight to prepare the stomach. now ill have two shots of cabo before bed, get up around 5am two more shots of cabo and two xanax then on the plane to the bash.

BBQchef33
09-17-2004, 10:02 PM
i packin my bags now...

air mattress, banners, laptop and webcam, one pair of underwear.

done.

be there tomorrow. Bruce is comin to.. he bought his tickets today. Bruce will be there at 9AM. I will either be taking a 4pm flight if sharon runs or the 7am flight if its raining the way the forecast says. We are in a flood watch for overnight and heavy reain is predicted. so if race is cancelled, im outta here... otherwise, i put on the cheerleading outfit. :twisted:

Bigdog
09-17-2004, 11:51 PM
i packin my bags now...

air mattress, banners, laptop and webcam, one pair of underwear.

done.

be there tomorrow. Bruce is comin to.. he bought his tickets today. Bruce will be there at 9AM. I will either be taking a 4pm flight if sharon runs or the 7am flight if its raining the way the forecast says. We are in a flood watch for overnight and heavy reain is predicted. so if race is cancelled, im outta here... otherwise, i put on the cheerleading outfit. :twisted:

Is that anything like the boxing robe and green slippers outfit? :P

BBQchef33
09-18-2004, 12:02 AM
i'll bring them if u really want me too. :)

tommykendall
09-18-2004, 12:31 AM
where the fark r u guys? hope everything is great. just sent P-head a text message. wish I was there. fark u

parrothead
09-18-2004, 07:42 AM
Just heard from Phil. He is on the plane with bruce. Only problem is that the plane is delayed. He's been sitting on the runway for an hour.

parrothead
09-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Mark is stuffing the pit with some briskets. I'm trying to get down some coffee. Jt is chatting with kick and kc. Shock is in the yellow room. Bigdog just crawled out of his tent, and Davewey is still asleep.

BrooklynQ
09-18-2004, 08:24 AM
Have fun guys. When's the cam on?

jt
09-18-2004, 08:48 AM
cams on. send me your yahoo id

jt
09-18-2004, 09:04 AM
breakfast is on guys. Webcam is up and we got chat going with E & Kick. Post your yahoo id here so we can grab it and bring you in

Solidkick
09-18-2004, 09:10 AM
E went to get smokes, Harry went to get charcoal, I've had my first beer, (it's 5 o'clock somewhere) and Shock's done his morning business. It's a hell of a day to be a Brethren!

jt
09-18-2004, 09:11 AM
breakfast pics

willkat98
09-18-2004, 09:22 AM
what the hell is the yellow room?

Solidkick
09-18-2004, 09:27 AM
the portable ****ter............. :P

jt
09-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Come to the bash & visit the yellow room...

tommykendall
09-18-2004, 10:02 AM
AAAWWWWEEEEESSSOOMMMEEE. You ****s are making me jealous. Eatin' blue pills in the yellow room. :shock:

BrooklynQ
09-18-2004, 10:31 AM
the portable ****ter............. :P

I guess indoor plumbing hasn't been invented in illinois yet :lol:

Neil
09-18-2004, 10:32 AM
I should be there between 1:00-2:00. I'll be leaving as soon as take the almonds off the 'dera. And yes the "hat" is coming too!

Neil
09-18-2004, 10:42 AM
cams on. send me your yahoo id

yahoo id = nvernasco

Bellybro
09-18-2004, 01:36 PM
What no pics of anyone modeling the yellow room yet???

parrothead
09-18-2004, 01:37 PM
The grand Poobah and Bruce have arrived. We can now party hardy.

Jorge
09-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Yahoo senor_jorge

jt
09-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Those can be provided...for a fee :twisted:

Solidkick
09-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Those can be provided...for a fee:twisted:

Isn't smell-a-vision enough today? LOL

MrSmoker
09-18-2004, 03:26 PM
The grand Poobah and Bruce have arrived. We can now party hardy. I hope you have some cherry wheels in the yellow room for the grand Poohbah :roll:

Solidkick
09-18-2004, 03:29 PM
The grand Poobah and Bruce have arrived. We can now party hardy. I hope you have some cherry wheels in the yellow room for the grand Poohbah :roll:

Good one! Come join us in yahoo chat. We've got a conference going.

Bigdog
09-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Bill is in the house. 8)

The_Kapn
09-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Just checkin' y'all on the WebCam.
Ain't technology grand.
Really good to put names with faces.

Thanks to the guys who put that togeher.

Wish I could be there!
TIM

hobo_pie
09-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Yahoo ID dnomyarx

Solidkick
09-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Yahoo ID dnomyarx

At 6:58 pm---I guess I just missed you. I'll watch for you layter tonight incase you pop back in.

shock
09-18-2004, 07:47 PM
How to properly eat SPAM

Step 1: find an appropriate can opener

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/modules.php?set_albumName=MOFO-Bash&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=vi ew_album.php

hobo_pie
09-18-2004, 09:03 PM
tried to download the Yahoo messenger and when I go to install it, it tells me a .dll file is missing... so I guess I'll just have to read about it.. hope you guys are having a great time

Bigmista
09-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Is anybody on out there? Hit me on yahoo.

mista1218

Neil
09-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Wife and I had a great time. It was good to meet all of you and a special thanks to Greg for being the host with the most.

brdbbq
09-19-2004, 08:24 AM
When you all wake up. Yahoo=brd1958....

ciret
09-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Hey did every body go home already?

brdbbq
09-19-2004, 02:07 PM
How to properly eat SPAM

Step 1: find an appropriate can opener

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/modules.php?set_albumName=MOFO-Bash&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Brethren Classic

willkat98
09-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey did every body go home already?

just about

St Louis guys were out at 11am

BigDog has a total travel time of 11 hours

I got home round 1pm, Phil and Bruce got an 8pm flight.

Think they're at the bar watching the football game before heading out.

Damn I'm tired.

Mark, I'll have to search the site for Breakfast Burrito, cuz they thing was farking awesome.

parrothead
09-19-2004, 03:56 PM
So was a lot of stuff we had this weekend. Neil's almonds, Phil's prime rib and cheesy bread, Trout's wine, Mark's everthing, Bill's moonshine.

Thanks all for coming. It was a blast.

parrothead
09-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Can't forget JT's ice cream, JT's wifes apple crisp, and everything else that everybody brought. Too numerous to mention. I think I ate more this weekend than the previous 2 weeks combined.

cabo
09-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Yup, That's a bash!!!!!!!!!!!

Solidkick
09-19-2004, 05:47 PM
JT's wifes apple crisp

If it was half as good as her lemon meringue (sp) pie, I know you was eatin' good!

JT, I love apple crisp too! (hint hint)

parrothead
09-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Well, what a fun weekend. I never thought so much fun could be legal. Phil and Bruce left a little while ago and should be at the airport soon. T-bird off to work, I have the place to my self. See ya all next year.

Davewey
09-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Im in the process of putting up more pics from this weekend. We made it back to STL right at 2:00 PM made good time.

Phil be on the look out for a email from me, at some point I want to see if I can trade you some toasted ravioli for some of that bread you brought.

willkat98
09-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Phil be on the look out for a email from me, at some point I want to see if I can trade you some toasted ravioli for some of that bread you brought.

Dave

Just go to Costco

Thats were Phil gets it, and every time I fire up the Bandera we have that bread.

There is an even more smokey method he uses (and I use) where the cheese is about 4 levels up and oozes down onto the bread, absorbing smoke

awesome

Greg. Thanks for your fine hospitality.

Mark, thanks for the awesome breakfast and hab ribs, Jt, thanks for the apple wood, and MikeG, you put a beautiful shine on the party.

Damn, that was all I was drinking, and went night night by 2am

Thanks brothers, I needed that

PS I Like Shock

brdbbq
09-20-2004, 07:47 AM
PS I Like Shock

Mary will be jealous.

willkat98
09-20-2004, 07:49 AM
PS I Like Shock

Mary will be jealous.

I said "like"

I slept with Mary

brdbbq
09-20-2004, 07:53 AM
PS I Like Shock

Mary will be jealous.

I said "like"

I slept with Mary

I feel better now. Sort of.....

shock
09-20-2004, 10:33 AM

Dave

Just go to Costco

PS I Like Shock

I am getting amembership to Costco today, so let me know if any STL crew need supplies...

Bill - you rocked man!! That shine was smoooooth!

brucesieg
09-20-2004, 10:52 AM
what i learned at the bash

st louis definitely has the best fried ravioli
greg was a great host
shock, daveway, wil, and brdbbg can definitely party with the best of them
jt makes the best icecream
mark makes a hell of breakfast burrito and chili
neil makes some great almond nuts(look out ray)
phils prime rib and cheese bread is insane(however sitting next to him on a plane is another story)

overall a great time with a great bunch of guys, cat wait till the next bash

willkat98
09-20-2004, 10:55 AM

Wow Brian, I didnt even see you there. Where you in Don's trailer?

Just funning you Bruce, it was BigDogSmoker, not brdbbq.

shock
09-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Okay here are my props -

Parrothead - Thanks man! You were a gracious host. However, I'm ticked we didn't get to listen to Jimmy Buffet - I guess you singing at the top of your lungs at 1 AM was as close to a consoltaion as any bro could ask for!!! Oh, and if you don't look at my aviatar, you can take me serious!

JT - Screw the camera!! You made some awesome Ice Cream - thanks!

BigDog - What can't you do with DucT Tape?!?! It was good to finally meet you!

Phil - Thanks for staying up with me and the shine until 4AM!! I'm going to Costco today to get a Prime Rib - DAMN that was awesome!!

Bruce - You're pretty cool man - just seek medical advice for that leak in your sphincter :mrgreen:

Neil - I don't think your hat is small - your just too smart! Good seeing you - and those almonds were great. Oh and thanks for the recipie. I thought it was cool how you told everyone a different piece of the "secret" and made us put it back together :lol: Don't forget to write you name on the bone!

Willkat - You are awesome man! Can't wait to hang out with you again! I'm glad you got a chance to make it over. Oh, and I still think we would have been FINE on the boat at 1AM after 1/2 jug of shine, 2 5ths of tequilla, lots of rum and a couple cases of beer... Why would you doubt our judgement - 8)

Davewey - Thaks for driving - It took 6 hours to get there and 3.5 to get back... Wow.

Mark - Good time man. Those peanuts were pretty good!

Thanks to all the bros who sent goodies... I'll post specific thanks on that later...

Bigdog
09-20-2004, 11:40 AM
The Bigdog is in the house. Made it home last night at 9:00. Thanks to all the bros. that made it to the bash. You farkers are the best.

A big thanks to Greg for being such a gracious host. You really know how to throw one hell of a great party. Also thanks to T-bird for putting up with us.

Special thanks to jt and Kelly for being hosts on Thursday eve. You have a great spread.

Brothers, if you haven't made it to a bash yet, you need to get that cherry busted.

Bigdog out.

willkat98
09-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks to all the bros who sent goodies... I'll post specific thanks on that later...

I need to know who did NOT get a bottle of Robinsons from me. No time to shop Mod.

I beleive Mark and Dave missed out, but who else? I think I brought 6 bottles and there was 11 or so of us.

And Greg, what the fark was that washer game I kept kicking all evening?

willkat98
09-20-2004, 11:50 AM
Jt, your ice cream was pretty good, but it tasted even better when I used the White Castle box for a bowl

Phil took one look, and chili shot out his nose.

Mission Accomplished

willkat98
09-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Mark, if its not a secret, can you post that breakfast burrito recipe.

That was farking awesome. Did a search and couldn't find it.

parrothead
09-20-2004, 11:55 AM
And Neil, how about the fixins for those almonds

brdbbq
09-20-2004, 11:59 AM

Wow Brian, I didnt even see you there. Where you in Don's trailer?

Just funning you Bruce, it was BigDogSmoker, not brdbbq.

I was there in spirit. :wink:

willkat98
09-20-2004, 12:02 PM

Then I drank too much of you.

willkat98
09-20-2004, 12:03 PM
And Bruce

Ignore what Phil said. I'd go ahead and get your kids that pet Llama.

You can bring it to Phils for the Spring Bash and get TK to pose with it and the duck.

jt
09-20-2004, 12:05 PM
If the llama does projectile crapping like the duck that will be an interesting bash indeed :D

shock
09-20-2004, 12:16 PM

Did you like it?! I made that - let me know if you want one and I'll get it out to you... I've got all the supplies in the basement ready to go!

willkat98
09-20-2004, 12:26 PM

Did you like it?! I made that - let me know if you want one and I'll get it out to you... I've got all the supplies in the basement ready to go!

was it like horseshoes for drunken people so no one gets hurt?

Bigdog
09-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Jt, your ice cream was pretty good, but it tasted even better when I used the White Castle box for a bowl

Phil took one look, and chili shot out his nose.

Mission Accomplished

Similar results would have occured if you had drank moonshine from an empty spam can. :twisted: Oh, that's right. There were no empty spam cans 'cause no one ate any of it except that drunk farker that took a bite of the "burn the **** out of the spam" mod. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

brdbbq
09-20-2004, 12:33 PM

Then I drank too much of you.

That's interesting.....

jt
09-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Awesome party. Greg, you were a great host. And yes, a special thanks to TBird for tolerating the lot of us.

Dave - thanks for the cherry wheels. I don't think I'll put one in the bathroom, though...

Mark - thanks for the pear wood, relish & salsa. And breakfast was great!

Bruce - thanks for clearing the deck when I wasn't there :twisted:

Poohbah - Prime Rib & Cheese Bread - Farking Fantastic!!! Oh, and thanks for not shooting the marinara out your nose onto my laptop :D

Bill - so glad you made it. To quote you "Best shine I ever had. Actually, the only shine I ever had" :D :D

Shock - what else did you install on my laptop? Kinda afraid to start it up at work...:D

BigDog - great travel companion. Enjoyed the trip (well, except for the snoring!). Glad to have you anytime, bro.

I've got some pics I'll post soon.

shock
09-20-2004, 01:43 PM

Exactly! Well, actually, I have seen someone get mad and throw a washer at the other player... and it drew blood. I guess it's not perfect - LOL!

willkat98
09-20-2004, 01:49 PM

Exactly! Well, actually, I have seen someone get mad and throw a washer at the other player... and it drew blood. I guess it's not perfect - LOL!

Some of those Martial Arts throwing stars might be fun to use :)

willkat98
09-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Was it Dave or Shock that we hijacked what they were saying in mid-sentence.

That was farking hillarious.

JT, post them bites.

chad
09-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Seems a good time was had by all!! :D

Congrats for the successful completion of B4!!

BBQchef33
09-20-2004, 08:24 PM
hey ladies... Another bash in our pocket.. These things are great.... puttin faces to people and finding that there just aint never any wierdness when meetin a brethren....

Mother nature may have messed up sharons race but made it so i can get there Saturday morning instead of saturday night. Good thing cause all the cookin activity was saturday day! I got there for a chamber full of ribs and briskets and Butts and had to make room in the chamber for a few belly bombers from the crave case we brought.. just for ambiance.. :) anyone ever have a smoked White castle?? Farking disgusting, but JT was always the gentlemen and ate each one i handed him.. including the stale, re-heated one dipped in marinara sauce.. What a guy!!

Actually, my entertainment started while traveling with Bruce on the plane and watching him only let go of the arm rest to cover his eyes or to say a prayer.... the entertainment continued as he swatted bees and ran from falling leaves throughout the weekend...

When we arrived Saturday around 1 and after the preliminaroies of a few shots of tequila and our hellos.. adn the cerimonial opening of the can of spam with a log splitter...i got my cookin in with the prime rib and cheese bread. Mark was at a stove almost all day too. I didnt eat alot of meat over the weekend, just sample the ribs and briskets.... but chowed down on marks chile for 2 days, a belly full of ravioli and loads of hot sticks(slim jim type stuff) and and neils smoked almonds. All of that made for some interesting sound effects.. Especially today. :) JT made the best ice cream i ever had and then that apple crisp with ice cream for breakfast Sunday morning made for something easily tolerated after a night of moonshine and tequilla. Would have been wise of me to forego the burritos for breakfast but i couldnt tuen down marks cookin.. The rumblin started shortly after but was short and sweet.. (ok , not sweet, oderferous is more the word). :twisted:

Put aside all the food.. .. just hangin out cookin with the guys and then sittin around a bonfire for hours Saturday night was what it was all about.. talkin and jokin(and fartin) for hours on end... Saturday night at 4AM(I stayed on NY time), it looked like everyone had crashed and i was the only one left.. so while cleanin up some and heading to bed, i hear this voice comin from the woods.. POOOOOBAHHHHHHH you aint goin to bed are you!!!! Damn.. the woods here have ghosts??? Nope.. Shock still sittin by the fire... so we stayed up for another hour and did a few more shots. i went to bed at 5am pretty drunk and woke up at 930 pretty sore.. I aint a drinker, so that stuff took its toll. Wound up sleeping in the car for 2 hours in the afternoon while greg watched the bears game.

i can go on with more happenings.. and will.... but wanted to get something up cause i was busy all day.. These bashes are what makes us unique.. We get together and its like we are old friends.... Four bashs and every oneof them was like a reunion... it shows that true friendships are made here... and some will last for lifetimes...

Some personal notes to new friends and old.....

Mark, it was truly great to finally meet you and i hope there are alot more times to come...

BigDog and Davewey.. gimme time, sooner or later i'll be able to tell whos who... when you come to summer bash, you get 2 different colored tee shirts..

JT and Shock... you guys are just like a couple old college buddies and room mates that i knew years ago... Felt like i was hanging with old friends.

Neil, the misses and the Crown(and the Almonds). You hit and run, but great to meet you and be able to touch your bones. :) Next time, no antibiotics, more moonshine.

Bruce... First aid kit is next to the Hurricane pack, in between the Tornado survival guide and the how to care for your Llama books.

Bill and Gregg... The brothers.. all I can say is.....
Bite me.. lets discuss.

more to come.. Guys put up your pics!!!

Neil
09-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Been home for 48 hours now and I'm still talking to everyone I know about Phil's prime rib and Greg's pork butt. Wish I could have done the whole weekend, maybe next time with out the antibiotics. My friends and family couldn't believe I went to the bash instead of going to the Notre Dame game in East Lansing. They just didn't understand, hell, I didn't understand it myself until we were in the car driving home. It was just something I had to do and am damn glad I did. You see, Notre Dame football is in my blood and is one of my passions in life as is the way of low and slow at the pit. There is something special with all of you in the brethren both on the site and at the bash knowing that we all share the love of nirvana Q. May God's blessings follow you always.

PS
I'll post the almond recipie in Q talk no secrets.

willkat98
09-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Still can't believe Greg's is only an hour away.

Even better, there is a new BW3 Buffalo Wild Wings, and a Portillos at the half way point.

And a new strip mall Q joint called Fat Pete's Rib Crib.

I should go to Gregs more often.

Hadnt seen a BW3 since Cincinnati.

parrothead
09-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Yeah. Or meat in the middle.

willkat98
09-21-2004, 09:45 AM
BigDog and Davewey.. gimme time, sooner or later i'll be able to tell whos who... when you come to summer bash, you get 2 different colored tee shirts..

Same thing happened to me, but only for Greg and Phil. Can't tell you two apart.

I think I even called Fred, Phil, but that was way into the shine.

jt
09-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Just posted some more pics. I think I still have some of Dave's that need resized as well. I'll get those up soon.

Bigdog
09-21-2004, 10:31 AM
[quote=BBQchef33]

It was farking hilarious. Dave and I had the same Bigdog shirt on (the one with my avatar on the back). Shock had a Bigdog shirt on too, but it was a white one about golf. I kept teasing the Pooobaaa that the reason that he kept mixing us up was due to the fact that we kept switching hats. We were all wearing the same hats. They were the official Brethren hats that Greg had given us. :P

brucesieg
09-21-2004, 06:54 PM
hey ladies... Another bash in our pocket.. These things are great.... puttin faces to people and finding that there just aint never any wierdness when meetin a brethren....

Mother nature may have messed up sharons race but made it so i can get there Saturday morning instead of saturday night. Good thing cause all the cookin activity was saturday day! I got there for a chamber full of ribs and briskets and Butts and had to make room in the chamber for a few belly bombers from the crave case we brought.. just for ambiance.. :) anyone ever have a smoked White castle?? Farking disgusting, but JT was always the gentlemen and ate each one i handed him.. including the stale, re-heated one dipped in marinara sauce.. What a guy!!

Actually, my entertainment started while traveling with Bruce on the plane and watching him only let go of the arm rest to cover his eyes or to say a prayer.... the entertainment continued as he swatted bees and ran from falling leaves throughout the weekend...

When we arrived Saturday around 1 and after the preliminaroies of a few shots of tequila and our hellos.. adn the cerimonial opening of the can of spam with a log splitter...i got my cookin in with the prime rib and cheese bread. Mark was at a stove almost all day too. I didnt eat alot of meat over the weekend, just sample the ribs and briskets.... but chowed down on marks chile for 2 days, a belly full of ravioli and loads of hot sticks(slim jim type stuff) and and neils smoked almonds. All of that made for some interesting sound effects.. Especially today. :) JT made the best ice cream i ever had and then that apple crisp with ice cream for breakfast Sunday morning made for something easily tolerated after a night of moonshine and tequilla. Would have been wise of me to forego the burritos for breakfast but i couldnt tuen down marks cookin.. The rumblin started shortly after but was short and sweet.. (ok , not sweet, oderferous is more the word). :twisted:

Put aside all the food.. .. just hangin out cookin with the guys and then sittin around a bonfire for hours Saturday night was what it was all about.. talkin and jokin(and fartin) for hours on end... Saturday night at 4AM(I stayed on NY time), it looked like everyone had crashed and i was the only one left.. so while cleanin up some and heading to bed, i hear this voice comin from the woods.. POOOOOBAHHHHHHH you aint goin to bed are you!!!! Damn.. the woods here have ghosts??? Nope.. Shock still sittin by the fire... so we stayed up for another hour and did a few more shots. i went to bed at 5am pretty drunk and woke up at 930 pretty sore.. I aint a drinker, so that stuff took its toll. Wound up sleeping in the car for 2 hours in the afternoon while greg watched the bears game.

i can go on with more happenings.. and will.... but wanted to get something up cause i was busy all day.. These bashes are what makes us unique.. We get together and its like we are old friends.... Four bashs and every oneof them was like a reunion... it shows that true friendships are made here... and some will last for lifetimes...

Some personal notes to new friends and old.....

Mark, it was truly great to finally meet you and i hope there are alot more times to come...

JT and Shock... you guys are just like a couple old college buddies and room mates that i knew years ago... Felt like i was hanging with old friends.

Neil, the misses and the Crown(and the Almonds). You hit and run, but great to meet you and be able to touch your bones. :) Next time, no antibiotics, more moonshine.

Bruce... First aid kit is next to the Hurricane pack, in between the Tornado survival guide and the how to care for your Llama books.

Bill and Gregg... The brothers.. all I can say is.....
Bite me.. lets discuss.

more to come.. Guys put up your pics!!!

brucesieg
09-21-2004, 06:58 PM
just to defend myself they are alpaca's not llamas.

i was only nervous on the the plane because the wing almost fell off

still had a great time though, phil is definitley cool to travel with. next time no chili for him before we leave on a two hour plane flight, i felt sorry for the woman who was in between the two of us

willkat98
09-23-2004, 12:59 PM
just to defend myself they are alpaca's not llamas.

Is it just me, or does the thought of Bruce riding to one of Phils parties on this thing seem odd

parrothead
09-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Just a little.

jt
09-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Define "ride" :twisted:

Mark
09-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Hey JT:

You got pics of the spam char with the 2 bites taken out of it?

brdbbq
09-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Define "ride" :twisted:

How does he mount it ????

BBQchef33
09-23-2004, 08:44 PM
I just thought of a visual.

A person in a Brethren hat approachs the LLama.
A fly comes off the llama and flys towards that person
That person freaks out, begins jumping up and down and starts swatting wildly at the fly..... accidently swats the llama .. stirring more flies. The llama is stunned... The flies swarm the guy in the hat, he jumps and runs under a tree, ...he stirs things up and leaves fall off the tree, some landing on him. He freaks out further when attacked by a HUGE leaf. "Did you see the size of that leaf?".... he is now running wildly around the yard, smacking his own head and high stepping around the yard in frenzy... he is being chased by a llama with a black eye.... and a swarm of flies... He is running in circles..... realizes there is wind in the yard.... its a tornado!!!

he is last seen running toward the sun... holding a box of peppers and a jar of marks relish.

a week later.. we read about him.. His picture is on the side of a milk carton..

"have you seen this man?"

parrothead
09-23-2004, 10:29 PM
OK, Phil. You officially owe me a keyboard. That was too farking funny.

tommykendall
09-23-2004, 10:38 PM
it could be a broadway show :shock:

shock
09-24-2004, 01:08 PM
I just thought of a visual.

A person in a Brethren hat approachs the LLama.
A fly comes off the llama and flys towards that person
That person freaks out, begins jumping up and down and starts swatting wildly at the fly..... accidently swats the llama .. stirring more flies. The llama is stunned... The flies swarm him, he jumps and runs under a tree... leaves fall off the tree, some landing on him. He freaks out further when attacked by a HUGE leaf. "Did you see the size of that leaf?".... he is now running wildly around the yard, smacking his own head and high stepping around the yard in frenzy... he is being chased by a llama with a black eye.... and a swarm of flies... He is running in circles..... realizes there is wind in the yard.... its a tornado!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jt
09-24-2004, 03:02 PM
it could be a broadway show :shock:

'course then the actors would be wearing tights and that's not the brethren way :D

brucesieg
10-04-2004, 08:47 PM
hey phil that story wouldnt happen to be about me would it
??????

badger
10-06-2004, 11:29 AM
It is hard not to laugh out loud while reading this thread! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Awsome pics too!

willkat98
10-06-2004, 11:31 AM
John's hosting a west coast bash

pass it on

BBQchef33
10-06-2004, 02:39 PM
hey phil that story wouldnt happen to be about me would it
??????

you??? nah.. if it were you it would start out with

"This chick in a brethren hat approachs a llama ...."

:mrgreen: