PDA

View Full Version : Finding a licensed commercial kitchen

tmarryot
10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Does anybody have any ideas on how to find a licensed commercial kitchen? HD says that I need one as a base of operations for food prep, storage, water and disposal of waste water. Looking into local restaurants, churches, VFWs but was wondering if anyone had any advice. Thanks!

PCDoctor_1979
10-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I shared kitchen space with a bakery for my first year of operation. The trick is scheduling your work around the owner's hours. The HD probably will want to see that you are washing & storing all your equipment in the licensed kitchen. Best of luck!!

nitelightboy
10-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Some groups like the Elk's Lodge or the Free Masons often will rent out their kitchens to caterers.

princess49615
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Check your local Flea Market. Our local flea market has a full service restaurant in it. But just a thought:)

5-0 BBQ
10-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Does Anne Arundel County want that for vending or catering?

kurtsara
10-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Check your local Flea Market. Our local flea market has a full service restaurant in it. But just a thought:)

I never knew that some cities have a local Flea Market

tmarryot
10-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Yes Anne Arundel County you need a base of operations (commercial kitchen), with a letter from the owner, before they will grant a license. Pain in the butt.

42BBQ
10-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Anybody work with butcher shops? Seems like a match made in heaven (if they can match Costco's prices).

Ford
10-09-2010, 08:06 AM
churches, halls, all the service organizations. You'll need to keep a log of when you use it, etc plus of course receipts for rental to prove you used it. Now if you have a trailer with a waste water tank then you need a place to dump it. I use a local campground that has it's water tested 3 times per year and is licensed for waste water disposal. Can't just a hall for that. I'd start by asking the HD specific questions so you know exactly what you need.

5-0 BBQ
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Yes Anne Arundel County you need a base of operations (commercial kitchen), with a letter from the owner, before they will grant a license. Pain in the butt.

Feel lucky up here in Carroll County they will not let you do that but in Baltimore County they will.

tmarryot
10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Great idea about using a campground for waste water dump!

goodall
10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi everybody, I'm french, new and happy to meet all of you !!
My question is: I think that you can built your own kitchen base but do you know what would be the reglementation ?? Maybe in your garage with some transformation ???

PorkQPine
10-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Your local HD will give you guidelines but trust me, it will become cost prohibitive unless you do a lot of catering and have room for a separate building.

Cabntmkr1
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
In Kansas, you can get your R-V licensed as a commercial kitchen.

RICK Allen
01-14-2011, 10:36 PM
In Canada we have Sani dumps for R.V,s that I use as they are free the only thing they are becoming concerned about is bringing an out side hose inside my vehicle soI have a tap tofill my water tank outside and am able to switch it over to fill my coffee urns steam table etc with a system hose inside that doesn't go outside, this has been standard in California for quite a few years. Finding out what the HD wants and trying to improve on it goes a long way rather than trying to buck them

jestridge
01-23-2011, 08:13 AM
try your county extension office they should be able to put you on the right track. Some rural area counties have them for their farmer market. I know the county I live in built one last year.

sumit.dpfoc
01-24-2011, 02:38 AM
Hi,

I think you have to contact some professionals like Elk's Lodge or the Free Masons. I am sure they will help you to to find a commercial kitchen for your use.

Commercial Fridges (http://www.carltonsales.co.uk/commercialfridgesandfreezers.asp)