PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to see WiredBBQ coverage at the Jack Daniels Comp?

Icon IT Solutions
10-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Hello all,

We are trying to get a feel for the response we may get at this event. We had over 3k viewers watch the American Royal and hope to continue with good coverage to many more events. So if anyone would like to see this event covered, please chime in.

At the moment we are on the fence, but a good push will send us South.

Thank you,

QN
10-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I think it would be GREAT! There are a lot of folks who would tune in from all over the country to see who wins.

indianagriller
10-06-2010, 06:03 PM
That would be great...but i dont think cell reception is that good down there, atleast when we went last year it wasnt. Im not sure how you transmit though so it may not be an issue

CaptTable
10-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Verizon is about all that works around here.

bbqbull
10-06-2010, 06:18 PM
I for one would really enjoy seeing all your footage.
I want to show my wife what happens at the Royal contest.
I loved the off the cuff conversations that you folks did, no rehersal, nothing fake....it was all for real.
Keep up the great work.

Slamdunkpro
10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Another yes please vote:thumb:

leanza
10-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Hell ya! We would appreciate the coverage.

ernie11
10-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I can't be there and would like to see whats going on.

MrSmoker
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I would love to watch it as I'll never get there in person. :thumb:

smoken don
10-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Another....YES PLEASE!!!

dbaldin
10-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I am posting as much of the footage as I can on my site http://www.wiredbbq.com
I have two pieces posted now (Grand Champs & Kids' Que) and will start posting team interviews next.
Enjoy,
Dave
dave@wiredbbq.com

Jorge
10-06-2010, 07:07 PM
You guys did a great job from what I've seen now that I'm home, and I saw you everywhere. I'd love to see the same thing for the Jack!

mjl
10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
A web cast seems as close as I will ever get. I would watch without a doubt.

ML

ThomEmery
10-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes loved it
What would it cost to be a sponsor?

bbqbull
10-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I would love to watch it as I'll never get there in person. :thumb:

I also thought that 2 years ago myself.

I am sure if you could afford the trip our and back there are several bbq brethren teams that would welcome you with open arms to hang with them to assist in cooking.:thumb:

Sledneck
10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Im in the minority but i vote no. To me its one of those deals that should be experienced in person only

Bunny
10-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Hello all,

We are trying to get a feel for the response we may get at this event. We had over 3k viewers watch the American Royal and hope to continue with good coverage to many more events. So if anyone would like to see this event covered, please chime in.

At the moment we are on the fence, but a good push will send us South.

Thank you,

Go for it!!!! Maybe I can get on again.....that is, ...if you'll have me again. LOLOL :laugh:

Bunny

Missinglink99
10-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Sign me up.

goodsmokebbq
10-07-2010, 07:33 AM
I think it would be great! Roc City Rib Fest would also be interested in sponsoring, PM me!

QansasjayhawQ
10-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Im in the minority but i vote no. To me its one of those deals that should be experienced in person only
If I wait for that to happen, I may an ancient old man who can't move!

I vote a HUGE yes! Thank you for your excellent coverage of the Royal and I am excited as can be about the prospect of coverage of the Jack.

Thank you for even considering it!

Jeff_in_KC
10-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Seriously, Sled? There's already videos all over YouTube. Like reading any thread here... if you don't wanna see it, don't watch it. I was there last year campaigning and hanging out and had a BLAST! I want to go compete really badly but in the interim, I'm happy to see live videos of our friends having the time of their lives!

jimbloomfield
10-07-2010, 08:56 AM
My vote would be yes. Watch the Royal and it just makes you want to go. Like others have posted may be the only way I get to see it. Like the format you did the Royal in.

Warthog
10-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I vote yes. Not being able to get down there seeing the event would be great. I really enjoyed the Royal feed.

Sledneck
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Seriously, Sled? There's already videos all over YouTube. Like reading any thread here... if you don't wanna see it, don't watch it. I was there last year campaigning and hanging out and had a BLAST! I want to go compete really badly but in the interim, I'm happy to see live videos of our friends having the time of their lives!
Yes im serious. Has nothing to do with whether i would watch it or not. He asked for an opinion and I gave mine. Thats it

SmokeInDaEye
10-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Yes im serious. Has nothing to do with whether i would watch it or not. He asked for an opinion and I gave mine. Thats it

Did you ask yourself how Ragusa would vote, though?

Hoggy Style
10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Yes please

daedalus
10-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I vote an enthusiastic YES!:thumb::thumb:
While a can see how being there in person would be a better experience, I am not made of money, so I cannot currently afford neither the trip, nor the vacation time. That being the case, I feel that some Jack is better than no Jack. Also, you guys did such an amazing thing at the AR that I would love to see what you can do down there.

Westexbbq
10-07-2010, 10:43 AM
You bet, I enjoyed the coverage from the AR and would like to see the Jack as well.

Just Pulin' Pork
10-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes would love to see it!

Sledneck
10-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Did you ask yourself how Ragusa would vote, though?
Yes I did, his answer was " I really dont give a f**k!" ANd then he said something about beating you this saturday in palmerton

SmokeInDaEye
10-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Yes I did, his answer was " I really dont give a f**k!" ANd then he said something about beating you this saturday in palmerton

Good luck with that. We're both looking forward to beating the grilling king of Connecticut.

Ron_L
10-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I think it would be great! I'd like to see coverage of the parade of teams and the awards at a minimum. Shigs in Pits did a webcast of the awards last year via Stickam and we watched it from home and then moved into the car and kept track of the awards vis my iPhone while we ere on our way to dinner.

Scottie
10-07-2010, 12:14 PM

I do agree with you Sled. While mine might be a little different reasons. As a competitive cooker, I can't go to the Jack, unless I was cooking it. I've had offers to go back. I don't want to judge, I don't want to pass things out, I don't want to hang out with teams. I want to cook.

Is that a slight to any of the teams that are there? Not at all. Iwuill welcome any of the future champions with open arms into our little fraternity. I will be the happiest guy in the world the day they win. That day will bring me back to the year I won. To what I had to go through. To those people that weren't there with me to help me celebrate.

I just don't want to be there in person or in video.

I do understand why folks would want to watch it. I can only answer for myself. I hope I don't sound selfish, because that is not my reasons.

indianagriller
10-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I see Scotties point, I went last year as a spectator, saw the sights and did the tourist thing. part of my family that went last yer are heading back this year and invited me to go. I thought about it and it didnt appeal to me to go back after cooking in 6 comps this year it would kill me to go back and not cook in it. The next time i go there will be the time i am cooking in it.

Sledneck
10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
You guys might not understand what im talking about but Im not saying that you should only be able to partake in it if you are the best or lucky to get drawn . So much coverage /media of things it almost leaves you without any imagination of what events etc are like. Not just in bbq but in so many other things in life. I loved the fact going there last year that it was all new to me. Its lind of like that cabinet full of videos I have, I taped so much stuff over the years but the truth is i rarely if ever go back and watch them. My memories of whats on those tapes sometimes seem so much better

Jacked UP BBQ
10-07-2010, 03:13 PM
^^^^^^^gay mode^^^^^^^

Icon IT Solutions
10-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Here is the link to the show for the Jack. This link will host all future BBQ broadcast as well as the wiredbbq site.

Stay tuned for a Promo, should be a surprise in it for the Brethren...:-D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wiredbbq-tv

Thank you for your support!

swamprb
10-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm for it!
Be sure to stop by the Left Hand Smoke camp and say Hi!

Icon IT Solutions
10-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm for it!
Be sure to stop by the Left Hand Smoke camp and say Hi!

Speaking of which. We are waiting for lot or map info from the people at the Jack. Would any of you guys possibly have a layout of the event?

Thanks,

MilitantSquatter
10-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Did you get 3K unique viewers or potentially the same viewers going back to the link multiple times over the weekend ?

Aside from the parade and the qualifying parameters, I really don't think the Jack is much different from any other regular contest set in a park/field like setting..

Pretty boring to watch... kind of like NASCAR on TV unless you're hoping to see a familar face or catch an interview

ique
10-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Pretty boring to watch... kind of like NASCAR on TV unless you're hoping to see a familar face or catch an interview

Unless you are really into Competition BBQ, which Vinnie I'm guessing you are not.

I enjoyed the Am Royal feed. Was fun to see who won in real time from my seat in Boston.

Icon IT Solutions
10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Did you get 3K unique viewers or potentially the same viewers going back to the link multiple times over the weekend ?

Aside from the parade and the qualifying parameters, I really don't think the Jack is much different from any other regular contest set in a park/field like setting..

Yes they were unique. We had a total of over 5k with repeat offenders. However as I am sure you know, the metrics of identifying who is actually unique and who is behind a blocked connection can be dicey, so the potential is that we had more...And with the issues Ustream is claiming with their ability to track, well who knows. I do know that the sites that hosted the feeds got hammered and the stats are off the charts for a normal weekend.

MilitantSquatter
10-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Unless you are really into Competition BBQ, which Vinnie I'm guessing you are not.

I enjoyed the Am Royal feed. Was fun to see who won in real time from my seat in Boston.

i'm a huge fan...

pants will be around the ankles, a box of Kleenex nearby during the drawn out 2 hr award ceremony.

(that's a joke everyone... :wink:)

do0d
10-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I loved your coverage and would sure appreciate more!

Stacks
10-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Iwanted to thank Icon IT Solutions for the AR broadcast(s) and PLEASE cover the the Jack.
I watched as much footage of the AR as I could from Kuwait. I found myself getting up at 0400 and logging on just to catch some of the teams in action. It would be great to watch some of the Jack as well. Keep up the good work. I'll be watching:clap2:

Rub
10-08-2010, 08:07 AM
All this time I thought in your sig line you were referring to Stephanie Ragusa,
the teacher who had sex with her student down here in Tampa.
Cause I know what she'd do!
Damn.

http://badbadteacher.com/stephanie-ragusa/

I vote yes on coverage :thumb::thumb:

Jacked UP BBQ
10-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Funny thing is my wife's name is Stephanie Ragusa. She on occasion gets hate mail through facebook. Its kind of funny.

SmokeInDaEye
10-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Funny thing is my wife's name is Stephanie Ragusa. She on occasion gets hate mail through facebook. Its kind of funny.

Remind me to keep my kids away from her this weekend.

Bunny
10-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Iwanted to thank Icon IT Solutions for the AR broadcast(s) and PLEASE cover the the Jack.
I watched as much footage of the AR as I could from Kuwait. I found myself getting up at 0400 and logging on just to catch some of the teams in action. It would be great to watch some of the Jack as well. Keep up the good work. I'll be watching:clap2:
That right there is enough said. Roll the tapes to share with our barbequin' friends.:eusa_clap

Bunny

Stu's Q
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I vote yes..

BobBrisket
10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd be watching for sure!! You guys did a fantastic job.

Bob

JD McGee
10-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I say yes...ya just gotta support our Brethren in arms...fire it up at the Jack!
"The secret's in the sauce"...:cool:

Icon IT Solutions
10-08-2010, 05:50 PM
New promo is up. Check it out!

ThomEmery
10-08-2010, 06:14 PM
link?

Icon IT Solutions
10-08-2010, 07:13 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wiredbbq-tv
Or
Www.wiredbbq.com

bbqbull
10-08-2010, 07:38 PM
New promo is up. Check it out!

:becky::clap2::thumb:

Captain P.J.
10-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm in!

camano
10-09-2010, 08:03 AM
This is a great. I will tune in.
Thanks

The_Kapn
10-09-2010, 12:25 PM
I really appreciated your coverage of the AR!

I can see where this could grow into a profitabel endevor, if it is not allready.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

TIM

ModelMaker
10-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I too enjoyed the coverage of the AR. The walking video was interesting and the awards were great to see, however the audio was less than enjoyable due to the multiple echo and the awards were next to impossible to understand. I hope you can correct the audio problems but I'll be there anyway!
Ed