PDA

View Full Version : 14 days until we leave for the jack!!!

moocow
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
It's 14 days till we leave for the Jack!! We are so excited to have this opportunity to be one of the teams who will be representing Missouri. We are also lucky enough to get to go in a year when so many of our friends also get to go. We won our first contest and got the draw on our first shot. We were in spot 907 at the Royal and finished 27 overall so we are going to Lynchburg with the motto of "Worlds luckiest BBQ Team". We will see what happens!!

Was wondering when everyone is leaving home and planning to arrive in Lynchburg. Was also wondering what everyone that was going had planed for the trip( Miss Bobo's, distillery tours, etc.) Look forward to meeting a lot of new people!

Captain Caveman
10-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Good Luck Shane! We're pullin for ya!

Jorge
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Getting in Wed. night sometime...and doing whatever Andy and Kim tell me to do!

BBQ_Mayor
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Congrats Shane and Good luck at the Jack! Good luck to all brothers going!

moocow
10-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Looks like I forgot to mention our plans. We will leave Tuesday night and plan to be in Lynchburg around 2pm on Wed. Wife's fly in on Thursday morning and plan to meet us at Bobo's Thursday at 1pm. Want to take the Jack tour sometime after lunch.

JD McGee
10-06-2010, 11:38 AM
We are leaving on the 16th and arriving on Tuesday...also doing Mary Bobo`s on Thursday @ 1:00...hope to see you there...safe travels!
JD

Tack
10-06-2010, 11:49 AM
The wife and I are heading there we are taking the judges class

atvalaska
10-06-2010, 12:06 PM
i fly out on the 15th (got / get to watch me my 1st NASCAR race on the 16th in NC :cool: !) i'll be at the jack on weds .. 11am @ Mary Bobo`s on Thurs....... SQUEAL-ON-U-BBQ:clap2:

Kosmo's Q
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I am leaving Wed morning be there that night. Eating Bologna sandwhichs all day, and hope one of you fellas gives up you Bobo leftovers on Thurs.:-P

Jorge
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I am leaving Wed morning be there that night. Eating Bologna sandwhichs all day, and hope one of you fellas gives up you Bobo leftovers on Thurs.:-P

If it's fried chicken or catfish....I wouldn't count on it:-P

KC_Bobby
10-06-2010, 12:27 PM
The plans were to leave on Wednesday morning and drive straight thru getting their late Wed night. But now that my professional services have become available, if I can get Don to KC on Tuesday maybe we'll pull out Tuesday night so we can arrive in daylight on Wed.

We're in with Steph's crew for Mary Bobo's on Friday late morning. Probably do the Jack tour on Thurs - I was gonna trim chicken Thurs while Don and Brian did that tour, but I have a feeling I'll find time to get that done before we go.

RobKC
10-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Have a safe trip, Shane. We will be rooting for you.

dgassaway
10-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Leaving early Tuesday should get in early AM on Thursday.

If it's fried chicken or catfish....I wouldn't count on it:-P

Now were talking! Who has the best catfish around there?

BBQ_MAFIA
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Good luck to all of you.

MattCom
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
We are cruising down on Weds morning and figuring it will take about 20ish hours in a beast of an RV.
Travel safe and we'll see you there!!!!

lynnaepdx
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
We're leaving Portland on Saturday 16th and getting into Nashville on Wed. We'll be on site on Thursday mid morning. Missed the distillery tour last time so that's the plan this year. Anyone for a pot luck dinner Thursday night ??? :pray:

Question:
Anyone know prize breakdown/payouts/places/awards? Just curious. :thumb:

CaptTable
10-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I'll be leaving our place on Monday (and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday) around 5:15 a.m. and arriving around 5:30 a.m.! Of course, we only live about 10 miles away>:-D

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!! Everybody be safe in the travels!

This will be the first time in many, many years that I won't be working The Jack in some capacity. Kathy will be judging on Saturday, but I guess I'll just have to wander around with an adult beverage in hand saying hello to everybody!!

Big Ugly's BBQ
10-06-2010, 03:17 PM
We're convoying late Weds night, be there first thing Thurs morning, set-up (as much as we can), head to the Hardware Store, Distillery tour, then some fun shenanigans Thurs night.

Big Ugly's BBQ
10-06-2010, 03:20 PM
I'll be leaving our place on Monday (and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday) around 5:15 a.m. and arriving around 5:30 a.m.! Of course, we only live about 10 miles away>:-D

So wrong dude, so wrong................:thumb:

getyourrubonbbq
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I'll be heading over on Friday.

Smoke'n Ice
10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Leaving Columbus, OH on Wed morning and arriving Lynchburg in the afternoon. We're doing the Nelsonville cookoff the weekend before and then staying with family for a few days in Delaware.

Doing the tour on Thursday, picking up rest of crew at airport in the evening and doing Miss Mary at the 11 am setting on Friday. See Y'all there.

Jeff_in_KC
10-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Anyone going to The Jack who DOESN'T take the time to eat at Miss Mary Bobo's is outta their freakin' mind! I'm really gonna miss that this year!

moocow
10-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Anyone going to The Jack who DOESN'T take the time to eat at Miss Mary Bobo's is outta their freakin' mind! I'm really gonna miss that this year!
If your wife knew how to cook ribs you would have been there with us!:-P Wish you were going.

Diva
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
If your wife knew how to cook ribs you would have been there with us!:-P Wish you were going.

:boxing:

Jorge
10-06-2010, 05:36 PM
:boxing:

I've got Mrs. Stith in the 3rd round, TKO. You need to get in on this:thumb:

moocow
10-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I've got Mrs. Stith in the 3rd round, TKO. You need to get in on this:thumb:
For the record, I was quoting Mr. Stith from Sunday morning!!!

HoDeDo
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM
She won in round one... no TKO required. :heh:
For the record, I was quoting Mr. Stith from Sunday morning!!!

Divemaster
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
While we aren't cooking we (Ramona and I) should be down there mid day Friday.

Looking forward to cheering on the Brethren!!!!

smknwhlswife
10-10-2010, 10:56 AM
9 days till we leave!

VGuilford
10-10-2010, 11:05 AM
The plans were to leave on Wednesday morning and drive straight thru getting their late Wed night. But now that my professional services have become available, if I can get Don to KC on Tuesday maybe we'll pull out Tuesday night so we can arrive in daylight on Wed.

We're in with Steph's crew for Mary Bobo's on Friday late morning. Probably do the Jack tour on Thurs - I was gonna trim chicken Thurs while Don and Brian did that tour, but I have a feeling I'll find time to get that done before we go.
You guys are more than welcome to join the wagon train we leave around 7-730 and going as far as mt. Vernon and meet up with kim and andy to finish our trek to lynchburg. we got ourselves a Convoy

Coz
10-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Good luck every one.We will be sittin home awaiting results.

Bunny
10-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Rich and Bunny will be down Thursday. Not cooking but mostly hanging out with I Smell Smoke. Good luck to all! And yes, Jeff, we will be dining at Mary Bobo's. I'll eat something for you.:-D

Rich and Bunny

Smokin' Joe
10-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Were planning on heading out Wednesday AM and will either drive straight through or get close and come in in the daylight on Thursday AM. Planning on Miss Mary's with the Big Tz Cru and a tour in the afternoon. Looking forward to it!!

Coz
10-10-2010, 04:55 PM

After seeing the discussion at The Royal on the ribs when I stopped by I see you like to live dangerously . :pray:

UPNSMOKIN
10-10-2010, 06:59 PM
we will be leaving tuesday the 19th and should pull into lynchburg thurdsay early a.m.
going to miss bobos at 1:00 on thursday and doing the team distillery tour friday a.m.
cannot believe its allready time for the Jack!!!

swamprb
10-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Flyin' in the 21st, flyin' out the 24th.

Cooking a contest in between.

moocow
10-11-2010, 12:57 AM
The crew came over after the Chiefs game today and we completely unloaded the comp trailer and cleaned everything from top to bottom! It is now loaded and ready to head east.

BruceB
10-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Good luck to all those going to "The Jack." REMEMBER, Lynchburg is in a "dry county" and last year the local Sheriff's Dept. was very strict on open alcohol...they did not want to see it. So load up on your red cups and keep it out of sight or risk losing it and/or a ticket.

Diva Q
10-11-2010, 11:04 AM
The local sherriff was kind enough to bring us a bottle of gentleman jack in 2008 :-) They are strict about using the cups they really don't want to see it.

good Luck to everyone going. Its an amazing experience!!

JD McGee
10-11-2010, 02:08 PM
The local sherriff was kind enough to bring us a bottle of gentleman jack in 2008 :-) They are strict about using the cups they really don't want to see it.

good Luck to everyone going. Its an amazing experience!!

Time to purchase a couple of JD mugs at the gift shop...;0)

smokincracker
10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
OK we left the Smokin Cracker battle wagon about 20 miles out-side of Lynchburg in Fayetteville, TN on the way back from our ass waxin at the Royal….We are pulling out of Sebring about 5:00 PM on Wednesday afternoon and driving up to Chattanooga, TN and getting a room. We should pick-up the trailer by 9:00AM Thursday and get into Lynchburg by 10 or 11ish…see you all there and travel safe..

moocow
10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Just finished building our trays for Cooks choice and dessert. I would post pics but some judge might see them and that would be unethical!:wink: Wondering if anybody knows the rules for cooks choice. Is it a main dish and a side dish or can you have as many sides as you can fit om the tray? Anybody who might know please post. Thanks!

Muzzlebrake
10-11-2010, 09:12 PM
I should be there around noon Thursday to make sure that Jorge stays "hydrated"

blues_n_cues
10-12-2010, 08:31 AM
we'll be visiting on saturday.
btw- that friday is a full moon(the harvest moon).:thumb:

smknwhlswife
10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
7 Days till we leave!!! Trying to get everything ready for Grandma to watch my girls and the dog here at the house.

moocow
10-12-2010, 11:11 AM
7 Days till we leave!!! Trying to get everything ready for Grandma to watch my girls and the dog here at the house.
Change the Girls to Boys and that's the same thing we are doing! Going to miss them but it will be nice not having to worry about them.

Scottie
10-12-2010, 11:15 AM

You should be bringing the girls. You never know when they might have a memorable experience. Something that they can learn from in more ways than a couple of days of school. :thumb:

And for the record, I don't pull my girls from school, just for the sake of pulling them. Mine are doing well, so that is not a concern. Just so I don't have someone coming along saying I am a bad dad...

smknwhlswife
10-12-2010, 11:46 AM
You should be bringing the girls. You never know when they might have a memorable experience. Something that they can learn from in more ways than a couple of days of school. :thumb:

And for the record, I don't pull my girls from school, just for the sake of pulling them. Mine are doing well, so that is not a concern. Just so I don't have someone coming along saying I am a bad dad...

I would, but they are pretty tired of traveling and BBQ right now. Grandma has been out of town alot this summer so they are pretty excited about spending time with her.

LOL! I understand this too. Some people give me funny/dirty looks when I say I'm taking my girls out again. Both of them got very high marks last yr and are on the same track this yr. I work with their teachers and school.

Jorge
10-12-2010, 12:32 PM

They have me and Sean to fill that roll....I'm just sayin....

Smokin J
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know if there are daily ice deliveries?

Also, is everyone bringing thier garnish wit hthem? We are planning to, but I'm not sure how parsley will hold up in a cooler for 4 days.

Thanks!

Diva
10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I would, but they are pretty tired of traveling and BBQ right now. Grandma has been out of town alot this summer so they are pretty excited about spending time with her.

LOL! I understand this too. Some people give me funny/dirty looks when I say I'm taking my girls out again. Both of them got very high marks last yr and are on the same track this yr. I work with their teachers and school.

Hey, they get "parking lot schooling" when I'm around.... lol!

Diva
10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Change the Girls to Boys and that's the same thing we are doing! Going to miss them but it will be nice not having to worry about them.

Brent wanted to go, but, it isn't a testing week, so, he can't. I'll throw a hundred bucks at 'im and he won't miss me at all.

QN
10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know if there are daily ice deliveries?

Also, is everyone bringing thier garnish wit hthem? We are planning to, but I'm not sure how parsley will hold up in a cooler for 4 days.

Thanks!

Yes, there are ice deliveries. Not sure what the price will be this year. There will be a gator running ice around the sites. You could stop and buy your garnish before you get there.

deguerre
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Folks. If anyone is planning on crossing the Mississippi at Memphis the I-40 bridge is down to one lane in each direction and is highly congested.

Here's a news link with the TDOT info:

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=13099082

Good Luck to all!

Scottie
10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
They have me and Sean to fill that roll....I'm just sayin....

Who is getting the Barbie blanket? I'm just sayin.... :becky:

Smokin' Joe
10-12-2010, 03:32 PM
What about water...is it available to each site?

Scottie
10-12-2010, 03:43 PM

It's only available to the teams along the creek, I believe. For direct hook-ups at least.

QN
10-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Water is limited. Scottie is correct about the sites along the creek. They are primarily RV sites. Make sure you have a splitter and plenty of water hose. There is water in other areas, but it has to be shared. Be prepared.

Jorge
10-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Who is getting the Barbie blanket? I'm just sayin.... :becky:

If anybody has extra space in a van, down by the river, hollar at me:laugh:

Scottie
10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
If anybody has extra space in a van, down by the river, hollar at me:laugh:

Is that some sort of secret code? I know how you and those guys from New York roll. I think the last time with you qand New Yorkers, it was something about underwear?... Or does this mean that you and Sean are sharing the blanket and going to spoon? :shock: :becky:

Big Ugly's BBQ
10-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Or does this mean that you and Sean are sharing the blanket and going to spoon? :shock: :becky:

OOOOOWWWWWWW, my head hurts now. Can't get the visual out of my head, oh the pain!!!!!!:heh::heh:

dgassaway
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Note to self: "Stay far as possible from the van down by the river" :)

Pickin' Porkers
10-13-2010, 05:05 PM
The Pickin' Porkers will arrive Wednesday morning. Have a 1:00PM reservation at BoBo's on Thursday. Since we travel with just a motorhome, guess we're pretty much stuck at the park the whole time!! Look forward to meeting lots of folks!

Smokin J
10-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Is that some sort of secret code? I know how you and those guys from New York roll. I think the last time with you qand New Yorkers, it was something about underwear?... Or does this mean that you and Sean are sharing the blanket and going to spoon? :shock: :becky:

I don't who you're referring to, but thats not how these NY'ers roll:boxing:

Rick Hamilton
10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Leaving Tuesday late afternoon and getting in on Wednesday. Miss Mary Bobo's on Thurs at 1PM. Perhaps distillery tour directly after.

esselle
10-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Good luck to all those going to "The Jack." REMEMBER, Lynchburg is in a "dry county" and last year the local Sheriff's Dept. was very strict on open alcohol...they did not want to see it. So load up on your red cups and keep it out of sight or risk losing it and/or a ticket.
What red cups:confused:

moocow
10-14-2010, 08:26 AM
What red cups:confused:
Red plastic solo cups or any other color you prefer jut not clear.

smokincracker
10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
whats i know jack about grilling?

Scottie
10-14-2010, 10:06 AM
whats i know jack about grilling?

An iron chef kind of thing...

smokincracker
10-14-2010, 10:14 AM
An iron chef kind of thing...
Don't remember signing up for it but ooops guess i'll be in that...anyone know where I can get some more details?

Jorge
10-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Don't remember signing up for it but ooops guess i'll be in that...anyone know where I can get some more details?

Debbie at the Jack would be my guess. I think Primo is providing the cookers again this year. Talked to a buddy yesterday that had planned to go help his Primo rep in Lynchburg this year.

Scottie
10-14-2010, 10:37 AM

They also give you a bottle of Jack. I guess to marinate your meat. I was very marinated during my time doing the cook... Even had the officer watching me... :thumb: All part of the cooking process... Marinating...

Muzzlebrake
10-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Or does this mean that you and Sean are sharing the blanket and going to spoon? :shock: :becky:

its not a blanket, its a poncho liner, and we don't spoon we go back to back

Prairie Smoke
10-14-2010, 10:51 AM
You know now that you're in that? I thought team names were drawn at the cook's meeting or something like that? How does it work?

JD McGee
10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
You know now that you're in that? I thought team names were drawn at the cook's meeting or something like that? How does it work?

Yup...20 teams that want to play are drawn randomly Friday morning...should be fun...my wife and I signed up for it...
Info is in your schedule of events package...
JD

Scottie
10-14-2010, 12:27 PM
its not a blanket, its a poncho liner, and we don't spoon we go back to back

I sure hope you guys don't eat any beans then....

bbqczar
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Good luck to ALL the teams competing at the Jack,go get e'm :-D

HabitualBart
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
The Habitual Smokers Evangelical Circus and Snake Oil Medicine Show with the Ozarks Freak and Geek Revue plan on rollin' down the hill at 4 a.m Thursday morning and arriving in Lynchburg (much to the disdain of the local authorities) by 2 p.m., depending on the traffic on I-40. Plans are to set up camp, go check into our lakeside cabins @ Tims Ford Lake, then come back to Wiseman Park for Thursday night festivities....hoping to discourage a repeat of our traffic stop/open container incident in the park of 2008. Looking forward to seeing lot's of old friends!!

Prairie Smoke
10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Yup...20 teams that want to play are drawn randomly Friday morning...should be fun...my wife and I signed up for it...
Info is in your schedule of events package...
JD
Hmmm.... well the Canadian teams haven't received any sort of Schedule of events package... will just cross our fingers I guess :confused:

Iamarealbigdog
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Hmmm.... well the Canadian teams haven't received any sort of Schedule of events package... will just cross our fingers I guess :confused:

Ditto.....

If anybody can send Rob or myself copy of what they have, that would be fantastic

bigdog@theblackpigbbq.com
info@prairiebbq.com

Thanks,

Mike

smknwhlswife
10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm loving all the "Barbie Blanket" talk!! :popcorn:

I hate to say that it no longer exists. :rip:

May have to find something better!:peep:

JD McGee
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM

Weird...I`ll e-mail the event schedule to you when I get home from work...

JD McGee
10-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Ditto.....

If anybody can send Rob or myself copy of what they have, that would be fantastic

bigdog@theblackpigbbq.com
info@prairiebbq.com

Thanks,

Mike

You guys have mail...:thumb:

Jorge
10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm loving all the "Barbie Blanket" talk!! :popcorn:

I hate to say that it no longer exists. :rip:

May have to find something better!:peep:

Let's end this Barbie Blanket charade. Andy took the picture with Todd's camera, Todd chose to post it, and HE WAS UNDER IT. I had nothing to do with it other than suggesting that Andy pick up Todd's camera and take the picture. That entire weekend in Little Rock, I slept in the Taj MaGroneman under completely gender neutral covers!

How I'm drawn into this debate, is beyond me!:becky:

Alexa RnQ
10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
under completely gender neutral covers!
They do make pink camo now.

Scottie
10-14-2010, 11:48 PM
How I'm drawn into this debate, is beyond me!:becky:

You lost all credibility after the underwear caper in KC.... I do have a nice pink Princess sleeping bag if you need one for the Jack.

JD McGee
10-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Rubber meets the road for the LHS cargo haulin' crew @ 0800 tomorrow morning...east bound and down...:becky:

moocow
10-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Vern and I put new blinds the fifth-wheel this morning and got everything loaded up. Will finish loading up the comp trailer this afternoon. 3 more days!!! I am getting very excited!

Smokin' Joe
10-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Same here, spent the entire morning scrubbing the trailer...19 comps in 23 weeks makes for a dirty trailer:icon_blush: Found bbq sauce in some strange places:crazy:

Going grocery shopping this afternoon and we should be ready to roll early Wednesday morning!

smknwhlswife
10-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Doing some practice runs, laundry, and some packing. Making lists for what needs to be done Sunday, Monday & Tuesday.

Jorge
10-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Cooking some, and prepping the new look/image for Lynchburg...Just Sayin.....

KC_Bobby
10-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Chicken is trimmed and vac packed in freezer
Trailer is nearly loaded other than smokers and coolers

I need to do some laundry, get meats and pack bags and I'm ready to roll.

ique
10-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Practicing pork, making dry rub... pretty much all packed up. Picking up the RV Wed morning and hope to arrive in Lynchburg for lunch on Thursday. :clap2:

KC_Bobby
10-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Chris, I picked up your case of Fat Tire this evening.

JD McGee
10-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Weather for The Jack is lookin' awesome...CLICK (http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/tenday/USTN0305)...:thumb:

UPNSMOKIN
10-17-2010, 10:18 AM
SWEET!!!!! have been worried about the weather.
repacking the bearings on the pit and we are ready to go. Should be in Lynchburg thursday a.m.
looking forward to meeting some of you guys.
Brett

smknwhlswife
10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
3 days!!!!!

ique
10-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Chris, I picked up your case of Fat Tire this evening.

Thanks Brotha, just filled the belly of the Jambo with cases of Harpoon

smknwhlswife
10-18-2010, 08:48 AM
1 1/2 days!

moocow
10-18-2010, 08:54 AM
1 3/4 Days!

Diva Q
10-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Best of luck to you all!!!

UPNSMOKIN
10-18-2010, 09:28 PM
The time is here for UPNSMOKIN!! leaving in the morning and hoping to pull in thursday morning. Safe traveling to all and see ya there!
Brett

Diva
10-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks Brotha, just filled the belly of the Jambo with cases of Harpoon

Summer???

Alexa RnQ
10-19-2010, 03:17 PM
We're on the road, and good lard, there's a lot of 40 in front of us! We'll be pulling in late Wednesday and on the ground in the park early Thursday. I don't think I've slept properly in a week from excitement. http://www.divaherself.com/funny/shiner.gif

moocow
10-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Hooking up the trailer!!!

Mrs. McFrankenboo
10-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Wait, Harpoon, what?! I usually have to rely on Scottie to bring it to Arizona now that I no longer live in New England but we are on the hunt for it! We left AZ on Sunday and are outside of Memphis enjoying the much cooler, rainy weather :rolleyes: Looking forward to this weekend!!

swamprb
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Getting ready to trim the briskets!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Jack10/IMG_2582.jpg

QN
10-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Headed to the hollow in the morning. Be there about 8am to park teams. Meat inspection starting at 8am on Friday. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you farkers.

KC_Bobby
10-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm loaded. Waiting on Don to get here to load the FEC and the meat coolers. Then nappy nap and drive, drive, drive, drive, drive ... drive.

Tack
10-19-2010, 09:35 PM
The wife and I leave at 10pm tomorrow. We are taking the judges class on Friday. Of course we are gonna hang around for the weekend just to enjoy the event. Look forward to seeing all of you.

Kosmo's Q
10-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Loaded and ready. Leaving at 5am see you all tomorrow night...

JD McGee
10-19-2010, 10:43 PM

They look like winners to me...:thumb:

Loaded and ready. Leaving at 5am see you all tomorrow night...

Safe travels! :-P

smokincracker
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM

Me too,,,yours look better than mine:)

smknwhlswife
10-19-2010, 11:08 PM
We are about 50 miles from Mt. Vernon, where we are staying for the night.

KC_Bobby
10-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Kim I'm still sitting on my couch. Headed to bed in a minute to get up all dark dreary and early to get Don's good loaded so we can hit the road

moocow
10-19-2010, 11:47 PM
In St. Louis headed to Mt. Vernon. Been a pretty good trip so far, Vern has only driven the 5-wheel completely off the highway once!!

KC_Bobby
10-20-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm up and ready to finishing packing and get the rig on the road. Now to wake Don up - he got here after I went to bed.

ique
10-20-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm outa here, see y'all in Lynchburg!

2Fat
10-20-2010, 09:08 AM
flask is full so guess am ready to leave--maybe another cup of coffee 1st

see ya Friday

Alexa RnQ
10-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Day 1: After two days' turnaround from weekend contest, departed Phoenix @ 8AM MST. Arrived Midwest City 1AM CDT -- 15 hours in the van. Neither one of us is dead, and no blood splatter observed on interior of windows. A good day.

Day 2: After four blissful hours of sleep, we're back in the #%$&@! van. Currently driving through a landscape utterly foreign to us, featuring actual fog and trees. It's a little freaky. A bad hair day.

swamprb
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Is it too early for a Sledcast?

sitnfat
10-20-2010, 01:31 PM
any idea where the goodie bags will be with the wristbands for Friday nights dinner????

swamprb
10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Cruelty free, Organic, sustainably harvested parsley...

Check!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Jack10/IMG_2586.jpg

sitnfat
10-20-2010, 04:40 PM
those look good

Alexa RnQ
10-20-2010, 08:17 PM
ICruelty free, Organic, sustainably harvested parsley...

Check!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Jack10/IMG_2586.jpg

Free-range? :^D

We're about two hours away from Lynchburg and more than ready to get out of the van!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JD McGee
10-20-2010, 10:46 PM
They delivered our porta-potty today...:twisted:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu311/SouthPawBBQ/The%20Jack%202010/TheJack2010107.jpg

swamprb
10-21-2010, 12:14 AM

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu311/SouthPawBBQ/The%20Jack%202010/TheJack2010107.jpg

Should I bring a lock for it??

FamilyManBBQ
10-21-2010, 12:38 AM

Pi$$ing in the wind!!??

Divemaster
10-21-2010, 11:51 AM
We should be leaving in about an hour and then it's down to Nashville for the night... See you all tomorrow morning!!!!!

leanza
10-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Wishing all the Brethren the best of luck this weekend. And may God grant you all safety on the road.

The Giggler
10-21-2010, 04:29 PM
What an exciting time for the teams in the 2010 Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational BBQ! I was recalling all the fond memories from last year. What a time. Best of luck to everyone, and a little extra luck to all of our friends! Safe travels and great Q!

Bentley
10-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Safe travels to all, and good weather for the competition! I would say good luck, but if you have made it to this event, you don't rely on that much!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif (http://www.millan.net)

DeanC
10-22-2010, 05:01 AM
Good luck to all.

2Fat
10-22-2010, 07:39 AM
it was a beautiful nite in Tennessee-the froglegs at Granny Fish's place were as good as usual--off to 'the holler' in a few!