PDA

View Full Version : To the dirtbag who at the american royal.........

BBQchef33
10-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Busted the back window in my truck parked in Liberty Lot, spewed shards of glass all over my interior, climbed in and stole my blackberry and scotts garmin, busted up my console and went thru my luggage......,.

You're a farkin arsehole who belongs at the bottom of the river. .

Bite me
No discussion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Captain Dave
10-03-2010, 05:40 AM
I agree with the arsehole and river part!!!!!

This Is How We Que It
10-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Sorry to hear that, I really am. I couldn't even attend the Royal this year cause someone stole my bbq trailer a week and a half before the comp.

MrSmoker
10-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Sorry to hear that Phil, That really sucks.:mad2:

aquablue22
10-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Sorry to hear that Phil, sound like it's been a hell of a trip!

Rich Parker
10-03-2010, 07:34 AM
First briskets and now blackberry's....frickin trolls.

Captain P.J.
10-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Not cool! It takes a "special kind" of person to pull a stunt like that!! :mad2:

Gore
10-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Fark, just made my blood boil. Sorry to hear that Phil.

big brother smoke
10-03-2010, 09:39 AM
That's just farked up!

JD McGee
10-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Damn...farkin' loser...sorry Phil...:mad2:

thillin
10-03-2010, 09:58 AM
sorry to hear. I hate theives, and really hate theives that do more damage than what the item is worth.

MilitantSquatter
10-03-2010, 10:45 AM
That blows.

NeoTrout
10-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Farkin scumbags.:mad2:

Trucky1008
10-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Farkin theives.

Babyboomerboy
10-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't know anything about Blackberries, but doesn't some of these have GPS's? Couldn't the law check out its location?. Like I said, I don't know anything about these things but this is just wrong and I hope whoever did it has the full weight of pay back on them.

Alexa RnQ
10-03-2010, 11:57 AM
There should be an app -- you know, kind of like "Where's My Droid?" -- so that you can remotely activate your Blackberry to tase the sh!t out of whoever stole it.

Stoke&Smoke
10-03-2010, 12:19 PM
There should be an app -- you know, kind of like "Where's My Droid?" -- so that you can remotely activate your Blackberry to tase the sh!t out of whoever stole it.

That's a hell of a great idea! Sorry to hear about your misfortune Phil..hopefully the karma will pay the arse-hole back ten-fold!:mad2:

Johnny Seven OMA
10-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I have never been able to understand how anyone could use something they have stolen from another. Would it not just eat at them to know it is not really theirs? I guess if they are in the resale market, it helps them to remove the quilt, but who could put a pair of shoes on their child, eat the food from, or enjoy any profit from what they have stolen. Your best blessing in this is you will probably never have to meet the lowlife, but if you do, I know where there's a river!!!
Bummer. -- John

Rylos1
10-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Midnight Smoke
10-03-2010, 01:57 PM
The only thing lower than a thief is a child molester. Dirty rotten scums of the earth. Sorry for the trouble and frustration they put you through. :evil:

landarc
10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
That really sucks Phil and Scott, farkin' thieves.

Buster Dog BBQ
10-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Iphone has one via mobile me. I think some android phones do to. While neither were involved here, something to think about.

BobBrisket
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Farking Bastidge!!! Sorry to hear that Phil. Hopefully the farker gets HIS!!
Bob

quarters69
10-03-2010, 05:53 PM
There is a app where you can enter a number and as long as the phone is on they will locate the area it is in, i dont know if this will help, but just a idea for u :mod:

GrillsGoneWild
10-03-2010, 06:17 PM
There is something called Latitude in the Maps on Droid. I assume it is on all google maps. Anyways, you can set it up to see where your family or friends are at if they also join Latitude. I have it set up for mine and my wife's phone. That away if either one gets taken, I can look it up on the other's phone.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
10-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Busted the back window in my truck, spewed shards of glass all over.my interior, climbed in and stole my blackberry and scotts garmin, busted up my console and went thru my luggage......,.

Bite me
No discussion.

one more story (this year) and reason why Ill never go to such a mad house..I hope you insurance covers it....the whole farking stealing thing just blows wether it a shigger or a thief...they are all the same...

Big Jim BBQ
10-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Awful. Do they have any clues?

Anchors Smokeshop
10-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Phil. That really sucks.

JiveTurkey
10-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Sounds like the brethren need to send a curse to the dirtbag.....

Oooga-chaka ooooga ooooga ooooga-chaka oooghaaaaaa-chaka.....

- I hope your rectum fills with Wegmans Apple Juice the next time you hug your grandma....

Oooga-chaka ooooga ooooga ooooga-chaka oooghaaaaaa-chaka.....

Keep it going brethren!

nthole
10-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Just on after a long day at work. Holy ****. That's ridiculous. Phil/SCott, sorry to hear.

Grillman
10-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Farkin Farkers....been there myself some years ago...it really sukcs.

If we can just figure out a way to get them to wear one of these t-shirts.

http://s49.radikal.ru/i123/1010/f4/8aedf075b5c9.jpg (http://www.radikal.ru)

wbc
10-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Where did you park?

I felt pretty scared in my lot, I made sure NOTHING was visible in my truck. Luckily I got out of there with no problems other than a ton of dust on my truck.

42BBQ
10-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Grand Poobah,

Unfortunately as a Police Officer I deal with these type of calls EVERY DAY. There are so many a-holes out there doing this kind of thing it makes you lose all faith in the human race. I won't insult your intelligence by making "suggestions" on how to avoid this because by this time my suggestions won't make a farkin bit of a difference. Hope you had decent insurance to cover the loss and damage. I'll think of you next time I catch some punk doing this type of stuff and well....what happens after that will not be spoken of here! Sorry to hear about this, hope all is well now.

Warthog
10-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Sorry to hear that BS Phil. Seems there are just a lot of farkin jerks out there. Have a safe trip home.
Ed

Lion Bout The Q
10-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Someone broke the side window in my wife's van in Liberty parking lot this weekend too and rumaged through our stuff.....WTF id wrong with these people

Big George's BBQ
10-04-2010, 07:22 AM
hat does suck Phil. Ypui are too kind with your thoughts for him/her

daedalus
10-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Wow, that really pisses me off!:mad2::mad2: It is embarrassing that something like that happened to you in my city. On behalf of all of the good people in this town, I apologize. I hope it does not taint your view of KC.

Ron_L
10-04-2010, 08:18 AM
They didn't get your new thong out of your suitcase, did they? :-D

I'm sorry about the break in Phil and Peter! That just sucks.

BBQchef33
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Had the glass replaces this morning on my car insurance. The bb and gps aren't covered. Geico says that's a homeowners but with a 500$ deductible its not.covered. the damage to console and paint are what pisses.me off most. The could have taken the stuff without breaking things. Oh welll....... on the road again. ;

bam
10-04-2010, 12:52 PM
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS. :boxing:

Southern Home Boy
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Busted the back window in my truck, spewed shards of glass all over.my interior, climbed in and stole my blackberry and scotts garmin, busted up my console and went thru my luggage......,.

Bite me
No discussion.

Dang, Phil....sorry to hear that. :tsk:

If it will help any, I've got a slightly used Garmin and Blackberry I just happened to find the other day that I'll sell you really cheap...:heh:

Bigdog
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Dang, Phil....sorry to hear that. :tsk:

If it will help any, I've got a slightly used Garmin and Blackberry I just happened to find the other day that I'll sell you really cheap...:heh:

Hey, you said you wouldn't tell. :tsk::wink: Now how do I get all the glass shards out of my pants? :confused::-P:-P:-P

moocow
10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
For the amount of money we pay to the American Royal you would think they could find away to monitor/protect our vehicles for several nights!!!

FullBoar
10-04-2010, 02:41 PM
That totally sucks! Total scumbags! Probably junkies needing money for their next fix..... I hope there is such a thing as Karma!!!!!!

:mad2:

G$
10-04-2010, 02:55 PM
For the amount of money we pay to the American Royal you would think they could find away to monitor/protect our vehicles for several nights!!!

Can someone explain the logistics to me? I assume this is a huge convention center parking lot fillwed with vehicles. They must have patrolling security. It seems 2 patrols can cover a large mall fairly well. How many do they have at the AR?

landarc
10-04-2010, 03:07 PM
After reading Lion bout the Q's comment, I wonder how many people had stuff stolen from their vehicles over the weekend. Seems like G$ question is reasonable, I know they always say they are not responsible for stolen stuff, but, there should be some responsibility to provide a safe environment.

Just Pulin' Pork
10-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Can someone explain the logistics to me? I assume this is a huge convention center parking lot fillwed with vehicles. They must have patrolling security. It seems 2 patrols can cover a large mall fairly well. How many do they have at the AR?

They have all the teams set up around Kemper area and Hale arena in the main parking lot. The "Liberty" lot that is being referenced is a huge dirt parking lot a 1/4 mile (apx) north from where the teams are competing. Inside the contest area they have KCMO PD all over and around the perimeter of Kemper and Hale area. Mind you, you have 35,000 + people wandering the competition grounds friday night. I agree with MooCow for the money that is paid, they should have security in the remote parkling lots!

WannaBeBBQueen
10-04-2010, 06:16 PM
It just plain sucks, sorry for the inconvenience, just sucks! Get home safe!!

Jonny Rotisserie
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Phil,

I was really disgusted to hear about your break in, especially since it was right after you had opened up your site and welcomed us all in so warmly and made us feel at home. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth from what was otherwise a great evening. It was great meeting you and the others.

As for thievery, I wonder if the bad elements come in more on the early nights or there are just certain areas that are quieter and easier to hit. I woke up this morning after a celebratory bender last night to see I had left my camera and a bunch of other valuable stuff sitting out front (albeit well camouflaged in a huge mess). The only thing we could figure out was missing was a slab of raw brisket trimming sitting in a pan under the RV with other raw rib tips, etc. Never did figure out where the brisket ended up...

--Jonny Rotisserie

Ron_L
10-04-2010, 07:18 PM
When we were coming back from the hotel on Saturday morning I saw three cars along the road that leads to Chavez Blvd with windows smashed in. The hotel bus driver said that he saw a gang in the area that night. It may all be related to the break-ins in the Liberty lot.

Smokenstein & monster crew
10-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Everything comes full circle, there time will come
:mad2:

BBQchef33
10-04-2010, 10:54 PM
we went to safelite auto glass this morning for the replacement window. The tech working my car said they got several calls to kemper this weekend. I know of 5 vehicles personally. When i discovered mine was hit I asked the attendant if i can leave it at the entrance since the window was busted and i had to go get the cops. He told me the cops were already there taking reports on 2 other cars and 2 got hit the night prior. Add that to lions van and that makes 6.

I will be writing a letter to the royal. The 'security' they offer are 5 folks walking around the lot from 7am till midnight. Not security, just some kids.(ok, young adults). My entry fee to that contest was 750 bucks. With fees like that(x $500) they can hire a rent-a-cop for the nights.

Jeff_in_KC
10-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Absolutely ridiculous that they don't have 24 hour REAL security in that lot, yet they tell teams only one car per cook site and the rest have to go to the Liberty lot. Many teams would have plenty of room for another vehicle. Don't they have a responsibility to provide security in a place they require vehicles to park? That ain't exactly Mayberry, USA down there.

Scottie
10-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Good luck with that....

I feel your pain.

we went to safelite auto glass this morning for the replacement window. The tech working my car said they got several calls to kemper this weekend. I know of 5 vehicles personally. When i discovered mine was hit I asked the attendant if i can leave it at the entrance since the window was busted and i had to go get the cops. He told me the cops were already there taking reports on 2 other cars and 2 got hit the night prior. Add that to lions van and that makes 6.

I will be writing a letter to the royal. The 'security' they offer are 5 folks walking around the lot from 7am till midnight. Not security, just some kids.(ok, young adults). My entry fee to that contest was 750 bucks. With fees like that(x $500) they can hire a rent-a-cop for the nights.

QansasjayhawQ
10-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Absolutely ridiculous that they don't have 24 hour REAL security in that lot, yet they tell teams only one car per cook site and the rest have to go to the Liberty lot. Many teams would have plenty of room for another vehicle. Don't they have a responsibility to provide security in a place they require vehicles to park? That ain't exactly Mayberry, USA down there.
Or Pleasant Hill, MO for that matter -

Let me tell you folks, I have a crack addict in my family and, straight up - their brains do NOT work like our brains. They have no guilt, thinking only of themselves. They see something that someone has forgotten to protect and they think it is their right to take it since we 'screwed up' and left it 'available' to be taken. And when the addiction bites, they are willing to stoop as low as they need to to get what their brains need.
Talk about real life zombies!

I am really, really sad and embarrassed to hear about that, Phil - you deserve much better treatment than that by far. I always thought Kansas City is a relatively safe place compared to a lot of the rest of the country - I guess not.

moocow
10-05-2010, 08:50 AM
This is the email I sent this morning:
Jolene, I have a problem I would like to have addressed. Could you please make sure the appropriate person get this. I am aware of at least 5 team cars that were vandalized this year while sitting in the liberty lot. You can not tell me that we don't pay you guys enough money that you can't pay some more security people to monitor this lot to protect us from these things. It is embarrassing that this has happened in our home town and in several cases it was done to people from out of state. I am sure we left a good impression on them! I blame the American royal as a whole because more could have been done to prevent this. I went to the liberty lot several times at night to get some things from the car and saw nobody out there except the one attendant who was on a laptop with headphones on. There were KCPD and event security all over the inside of the event, would it be to much to ask to have a few of them watch over our cars? I heard time and time again how this event could not take place without the teams. I would suggest you find out who these teams were and refund their entry fee and apologize for there inconvenience, that would show us you really care. Thank for your time and I hope you can learn from this for next year.

yelonutz
10-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Phil, a similar thing happened to me a few years back with the same bs from the insurance company. Then I remembered that I had a CD wallet in the car that held 40 CD's. At 12-13 bucks each, it made my deductible and the insurance company paid for everything else. You might want to take a second look in the truck.

NUTZ

Stoke&Smoke
10-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Until this thread I was feeling envious of those that were there. Now, not so sure :tsk:

Seems reasonable to expect, as Phil said, that if you spend that much in entry fees, meat, gas, etc. that you should at least be afforded a modicum of security for both yourself and your property.

Neil
10-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Shame on the organizers of this event for not having adequate security.:tsk::tsk:

Cue's Your Daddy
10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_j99VUrX25a4/S8uIYx-wQFI/AAAAAAAAHS4/GC471SWGkps/s1600/dumb_and_dumber_xl_01.jpg

Phil and Scott on there way home. Phil couldnt stand looking at the truck anymore.

Dustaway
10-05-2010, 09:51 AM
What a freaking tool..............

Rookie'48
10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
This totally BITES! And to think that you had to drive all the way from New York to Missouri so that your truck could get vandelized.

Divemaster
10-05-2010, 11:31 AM
That sucks!

Ramona and I learned the hard way it doesn't take long to bust into a car/van/truck. She was at a drug store for 3 minutes (based on the times on the security tape) and they managed to clean her out of her computers, purse, and a few other things... This was at 9:00 on a Saturday morning!

Contact your home-owners insurance and make sure that nothing else was taken. I'm not saying to fudge what's gone, just be sure you've listed it all. We found a number of things missing that she had forgotten about because they were rarely used.

On a brighter note, it was GREAT seeing you and Scott on Friday! Sorry I couldn't make it back on Saturday.

smokeshowin
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I have Lojack on my laptop. It has location tracking and data denial systems via remote access. Costs a few bucks per year.
When you keep hearong these stories, makes the cost seem better. Sorry to hear yours.

Southern Home Boy
10-05-2010, 11:55 AM
The Comp I was at two weeks ago had an entire MO National Guard unit as security and a BUNCH of County Police all over the place. That was only for 91 teams. Hard to believe that The Royal couldn't come up with something similar...

deepsouth
10-05-2010, 11:57 AM
that really sucks. sorry it happened.

Sawdustguy
10-05-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't think I would ever attend the American Royal from what I have heard about the behavior of the public at this event. I heard that Scotty had a brisket stolen from his cooker and a few other unpleasant incidents. Why go if you have to worry about your vehicle and your site. It doesn't make the event much fun.

bam
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I've heard a lot of disturbing things about this event over the years. If I have the opportunity I'd go I'll be on guard but I'd go.

sfisch
10-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Phil,
sorry to hear about that and you weren't even over by us on the "Dark Side", was your truck parked in one of the off site lots?

Scott

KnucklHed BBQ
10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
We have "solutions" for folks like that around here... Hunting "accidents" happen all the time!

"Hmm Officer, I dunno why he had those antlers strapped to his head... must be some kinda nut!"

Ron_L
10-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't think I would ever attend the American Royal from what I have heard about the behavior of the public at this event. I heard that Scotty had a brisket stolen from his cooker and a few other unpleasant incidents. Why go if you have to worry about your vehicle and your site. It doesn't make the event much fun.

I felt the same way after hearing about Scottie's problems and others. Now that we've been there, I would think about going back, but probably not on the Dark Side. It was a zoo over there on Friday night and all of that activity would probably throw me off my game (not that i have game :-D). Where we were set up in lot B was calmer. I would also like to see improvements in security for the off site lots, of course. We would also need more people to help us besides Parsley Lady and me. i think four is a bare minimum since I would want someone to watch the site all night just in case.

Scottie
10-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Mine happened back when they used to put Friday night parties right in the middle of teams that were competing in the Invitational. So I was in Lot B (I think Todd has that spot now.) I hope if nothing else, they listened to my recommendation that they move those parties. We pay way too much money to have a party going on until 3:00 am.

And for the record, I'm not pissed about my brisket. I mean, I had 2... :roll: My gripe was with how it was handled when my 3 fire extinguishers were found in my behind neighbors spot. Police were not allowed to be called. Barney Fife was going to take care of it all. Barney is no longer with the AR. *** Names have been changed, as I sure wouldn't want to insult the real Barney Fife...

Also, I would go back in a minute to the contest... only if I was in Lot B though... Surrounded by all Invitational teams!!! and I had a 6 foot fence with barber wire. Or all I would need is Jorge with his gun collection.... :twisted::twisted: Need I say more....

Spydermike72
10-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I was on the dark side this year, and it was rowdy and almost everything that you have heard about, however we had a very big party right across the road from us and they shut them down right at 12:30am. So that was not to bad.

I must say that I was not in the deepest darkest part of the dark side so that may explain the difference. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, and it was like a normal contest Saturday night.

nthole
10-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Seems like a good deal for the AR. Invite people but make them pay. Make them park their cars far away. Encourage partying to disturb them. Break into vehicles and steal stuff from their sites.

WTF is going on here. KCBS needs to get their chit in order. That is ridiculous.

delper
10-05-2010, 06:31 PM
ya that's just wrong. Some doper took out my truck window in Ohio last year parked at a Bob Evans Parking lot. Wifey left her purse under some blankets and the doper found it WHAT A HASSLE trying to call all the CC co and the like. Really sorry to hear about yer truck getting tore up. Could of just took the stuff and left the rest alone. Those peeps are going to smoke a big phat turd in purgatory while the big man figures out what to do with them.

warfrat
10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
having been robbed twice...in one year...all I can say is that I feel your pain and echo you sentiments.

Jorge
10-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Seems like a good deal for the AR. Invite people but make them pay. Make them park their cars far away. Encourage partying to disturb them. Break into vehicles and steal stuff from their sites.

WTF is going on here. KCBS needs to get their chit in order. That is ridiculous.

KCBS handles the judging etc. The issues you raise are the responsibility of the Royal.

I think there are some reasonable steps the folks from the Royal can take, and having talked to Phil I'm sure his letter will adequately address those issues regarding Liberty Lot security.

I'll say this in defense of the folks that put the Royal on every year...considering the logistics they do a heck of a good job. On Friday night there was a crowd estimated at 35k on the grounds. There were 530+ registered teams and their guests. There were some HUGE parties, and I know of one site that floated 35+ kegs of beer. There have been, and there will continue to be unfortunate incidents every year. Yet I'll continue to go back every year that I'm able and the numbers this year indicate that the majority of people tend to agree with me. Talking with several cooks that have been going for years, this was the largest Invitational field that just about anybody I asked could remember. They must be doing something right.

My .02

Ron_L
10-06-2010, 08:25 AM
I hope if nothing else, they listened to my recommendation that they move those parties. We pay way too much money to have a party going on until 3:00 am.

Nope. They didn't listen. We were in the middle of lot B and had 4 big parties with live bands surrounding us. Friday night was my night to go back to the hotel for a few hours so I don't know how long the parties went on.

smknwhlswife
10-06-2010, 08:30 AM

It really isn't that bad. For the number of people that attend there are very few problems. I've been at much smaller events that have had more dangerous problems. You would also be surprised how quiet it gets after Friday night. You still have some teams that will have parties, but nothing like the night before.

moocow
10-06-2010, 09:42 AM
This is the email I sent this morning:
Jolene, I have a problem I would like to have addressed. Could you please make sure the appropriate person get this. I am aware of at least 5 team cars that were vandalized this year while sitting in the liberty lot. You can not tell me that we don't pay you guys enough money that you can't pay some more security people to monitor this lot to protect us from these things. It is embarrassing that this has happened in our home town and in several cases it was done to people from out of state. I am sure we left a good impression on them! I blame the American royal as a whole because more could have been done to prevent this. I went to the liberty lot several times at night to get some things from the car and saw nobody out there except the one attendant who was on a laptop with headphones on. There were KCPD and event security all over the inside of the event, would it be to much to ask to have a few of them watch over our cars? I heard time and time again how this event could not take place without the teams. I would suggest you find out who these teams were and refund their entry fee and apologize for there inconvenience, that would show us you really care. Thank for your time and I hope you can learn from this for next year.

The answer form the Royal:
Shane - Unfortunately bad things happen that are out of our control. This is the 1st I have even heard of a vehicle being vandalized in Liberty Lot. The appropriate thing to do would to file a police report once they found out their vehicle had been vandalized. The American Royal is not responsible for and lost or damaged property, however we do learn things every year and we will work on improving them for next year.

I appreciate your feedback and we will make note of this for next year.

Thank you,

Jolene DeMoss
Barbecue & Special Events Coordinator

daedalus
10-06-2010, 09:54 AM
The answer form the Royal:
Shane - Unfortunately bad things happen that are out of our control. This is the 1st I have even heard of a vehicle being vandalized in Liberty Lot. The appropriate thing to do would to file a police report once they found out their vehicle had been vandalized. The American Royal is not responsible for and lost or damaged property, however we do learn things every year and we will work on improving them for next year.

I appreciate your feedback and we will make note of this for next year.

Thank you,

Jolene DeMoss
Barbecue & Special Events Coordinator
Not surprising...If they acknowledge that there is a problem, they must do something about it. It is much easier to claim ignorance...short sighted, but easier. They should be embarrassed. :tsk:

Divemaster
10-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Maybe I'm just talking out of my butt... I would think that with over 35,000 people being at an event they would work with the police...

Just sayin...

BBQchef33
10-06-2010, 05:29 PM
i filed a police report immediatly and the staff at liberty lot all knew about a bunch of break ins. I can t believe half a dozen break ins did not climb the chain. The guy in charge of the lot was called at midnight when I made a 3rd report.

anyway, we spent the day hunting for the broken console latch for the escalade.

its a POS piece of plastic button that screwed to the console door with 3 screws. The busted the hook portion that latches it shut.

That POS button is in 03-06 Escalades, Avalanches, Tahoes and Yukons. You cant buy just the button even though its a seperate component, so u have to buy the entire door assemble, which is just a console cover. Since i only need the button, i dont need the leather and can go for the less expensive uphiolstered version for a mere $403.00..

one dealer quoted $487, the other $403.00.... for a friggin plastic door.

holy ****... farked by the thief and screwed by the dealer. Someone get me some lube.

nthole
10-06-2010, 06:33 PM
i filed a police report immediatly and the staff at liberty lot all knew about a bunch of break ins. I can t believe half a dozen break ins did not climb the chain. The guy in charge of the lot was called at midnight when I made a 3rd report.

its a POS piece of plastic button that screwed to the console door with 3 screws. The busted the hook portion that latches it shut.

That POS button is in 03-06 Escalades, Avalanches, Tahoes and Yukons. You cant buy just the button even though its a seperate component, so u have to buy the entire door assemble, which is just a console cover. Since i only need the button, i dont need the leather and can go for the less expensive uphiolstered version for a mere $403.00..

holy ****... farked by the thief and screwed by the dealer. Someone get me some lube.

What about a wrench and pull? Any chance it's sitting in a pile of deceased Esacapades anywhere?

That's what you get for owning a Mercedes!!! :wink:

Jorge
10-06-2010, 06:39 PM

If I were the Poohbah, I'd ask members to visit their local Pick-n-Pull type places. I'm betting you get a better deal that way.

ZILLA
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I say all you Farkers boycott the AR! Like Jorge always says, vote with your feet!

Jorge
10-06-2010, 06:54 PM
I say all you Farkers boycott the AR! Like Jorge always says, vote with your feet!

Are you into the Woodford already?

Alexa RnQ
10-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Honestly, the atmosphere of an armed camp/war zone plus the "we don' know nuttin" response doesn't make me any more eager to go.

Lion Bout The Q
10-06-2010, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=BBQchef33;1423551]i filed a police report immediatly and the staff at liberty lot all knew about a bunch of break ins. I can t believe half a dozen break ins did not climb the chain. The guy in charge of the lot was called at midnight when I made a 3rd report.

You can look at all your local large salvage dealers stock on the console at www.car-part.com (http://www.car-part.com) just go there and put in year , make , and model and what part your looking for and your zip code . you can serch the whole country for that matter. Bet you can find a used one. I use this site every day, but I am in the autobody business..

rescue_ranger
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
we need to fire up the smoker and smoke this dirt scum, sh!t heads like this are worse than the scum sluge at the bottom of a dirty pit....Sorry for your loss
RR

rescue_ranger
10-06-2010, 10:35 PM

I agree perhaps a boycot is in order here

CivilWarBBQ
10-06-2010, 11:02 PM
I love living in a small town in Dixie!

Sorry for you being a victim Phil. When you put too many humans in a small concrete cage they go crazy and start biting each other, just like lions in the zoo.

Bigdog
10-07-2010, 06:37 AM
I go to other events like this and all others do a much better job controlling access to the lots. I believe that would be the key here. The douchebag sitting in his car on the puter was of virtually no help.:crazy:

My other gripe was the shuttle. Twice, the shuttle pulled away as I was walking up to it to get a ride, and it wasn't even full. Farking useless farker.:roll:

Sawdustguy
10-07-2010, 08:26 AM
It really isn't that bad. For the number of people that attend there are very few problems. I've been at much smaller events that have had more dangerous problems. You would also be surprised how quiet it gets after Friday night. You still have some teams that will have parties, but nothing like the night before.

I appreciate the comment but I think we will pass anyway. I understand that the crowds at the Royal are much bigger than anything we get here in the Northeast, but we like that. We are a family team that competes for fun and we have no set aspirations. Just the crowd size alone would probably keep us away.

Balls Casten
10-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Why were there only 5 cars broken into? Why not 50 cars? Why did we not have reports about cars broken into last year?
Because there was some security there, because there were people in and out of the lot all night. With security as with safety, there is always one more step you can take. There is always one more layer of protection you can add. So it is very easy after an incident to point fingers and say they should have done this or they should have done that. I see the Royal as being well run by capable and caring people. And I think it would be impractical to protect against each and every car thief.

Balls Casten
10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Stay away from the Royal because of a car break in? Because the parties are to big?
You go to your state fairs don’t you? You go to football games, right? This event is not that big. It is a huge BBQ, but it is nothing compaired to a NASCAR event or state fair.

Those that are comparing this to be some out of control ecstasy party are off base. Our party had over 200 people with 20 some kids running around having a great time. This is a family event.

Jorge
10-07-2010, 08:44 AM
I agree perhaps a boycot is in order here

To be clear, I've never suggested that in this thread.

A boycott is only effective when enough people stay away to make their absence noticed or impact the bottom line financially. Neither of those things will happen in this case. Historically the Royal has no problem filling the lots with teams.

Phil has the right approach. That is to write a professional letter addressing the issues he experienced and waiting to see if those issues are addressed. I haven't seen anything that indicates the folks from the Royal will simply disregard his letter. In fact the reply Jolene sent to Shane indicates that they review everything in an attempt to improve the contest every year. With the multiple committees the Royal has I have no problem believing that Jolene had no knowledge of the events in question. We are just days removed from a huge event and I'm sure that the folks responsible are still getting things in order to review this event before starting to plan the next one.

At this point, I don't see the need for the village residents to pick up their pitchforks and start lighting torches to go storm the castle.

smknwhlswife
10-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I appreciate the comment but I think we will pass anyway. I understand that the crowds at the Royal are much bigger than anything we get here in the Northeast, but we like that. We are a family team that competes for fun and we have no set aspirations. Just the crowd size alone would probably keep us away.

I don't blame you. It is one of my least favorite contests. I just like the atmosphere of smaller contests.

I will say that in the last 5 yrs of competing at the AR, we have not had any issues, knock on wood. I have left my car in one of the local business lots overnight, but made sure nothing was in it. I know this is hard for those of you who travel from out of town. As for our truck, we have been able to leave it in our site or a friends' site.

There definitely needs to be security in the Liberty Lot. There are other things going on down in the area, so not only do you have all the people at the Royal but you have a whole bunch of young adults going to the Haunted Houses.

BBQchef33
10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
well, after a day of hunting the salvage yards, dozens of calls and signing up online to a few salvage search sites.. i've come up dry except for the exact piece i need on...... get this..... ebay. 5 days left to bid.

As far as the royal organizers. it would be foolish for me to think they are responsible, but i do thinj they can make some adjustments to offer us better security in the lot they require us to park in. Even in our battle of the Brethren events, we ask the local precinct to cruise thru a few times a night and they always oblige and Willie has the cops come in and eat at his contests. With a lot the size of liberty and taking into consideration its location, its not unreasonale to request the AR managment consider some onsite security.

Will i go back next year? hell yeah!.. but the car in the 20x50 site will be mine and we'll have a rental in liberty to get us around if needed. Cant blame a city or an event for the acts of an individual dickhead. We all have them. This is my third year at the royal and I cant say its changed my perspective... its a huge event and somethings always going to happen. All I can do is hope that AR management will take these things into consideration and take action to avoid it from happening again.

Kosmo's Q
10-07-2010, 10:36 PM
&astards!

Diva Q
10-08-2010, 06:38 AM

We brought all three of our kids (aged 4, 6, 12) to our site for the duration of the competition. We secured the front and our neighbors helped by putting up some temporary fencing. We had no issues. Our kids had a blast at all of the events the petting zoo and more. We don't party so we kept away from those situations. We don't have a fancy trailer or anything either. Our kids really had a good time seeing all the sites. WE did however keep our truck on our site. I don't think I would ever park elsewhere after reading this. Just saying that we didn't have any problems once we had everything secured.

Balls Casten
10-08-2010, 07:58 AM
well, after a day of hunting the salvage yards, dozens of calls and signing up online to a few salvage search sites.. i've come up dry except for the exact piece i need on...... get this..... ebay. 5 days left to bid.

We'll check the lots around here. To confirm you are looking the the "button" to the center consol door. And the same part is used on 03-06 Escalades, Avalanches, Tahoes and Yukons?

Divemaster
10-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Will i go back next year? hell yeah!.. but the car in the 20x50 site will be mine and we'll have a rental in liberty to get us around if needed. Cant blame a city or an event for the acts of an individual dickhead. We all have them. This is my third year at the royal and I cant say its changed my perspective... its a huge event and somethings always going to happen. All I can do is hope that AR management will take these things into consideration and take action to avoid it from happening again.

Sounds like a good idea. If and when we ever make it down there, I'm planning on leaving the truck at my sisters and have them drive us around if needed...