PDA

View Full Version : Valdosta Georgia BBQ?

Chuckwagonbbqco
10-02-2010, 09:40 PM
I will be in Valdosta area from Sat Oct 2nd (today) until next Saturday Oct 9th. I will be searchin for BBQ --lookin for places known by others or even a BBQ crawl if someone else is in the area

Leonard Sanders Chuck Wagon BBQ Co

ThomEmery
10-02-2010, 09:59 PM
If you make it to Columbus try Countrys BBQ
Dang good Yeller Sauce

Chuckwagonbbqco
10-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Dang Thom---tease me---I won't be going that far north

pm me before you take your trip to Santa Maria--I have a couple of errands to do down there--may be able to meet you somewhere for a meal

Gowan
10-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Hmm, Valdosta, eh? Closest good spots I'm familiar with are Country Boy's Cookin in Unadilla, Ware's in Swainsboro or Wiley's in Savannah.

I've heard good things about Smokin' Pig in Valdosta, but I've never been there myself. If you try any of these, let us know what you thought!

SmokeyBear
12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
I realize this is after the OP's trip. but I will add some information for those that search the forums when going on a road trip looking for good spots. I went to college in Valdosta and get back there a few times a year.

Surprisingly considering its location and size, there just aren't a lot of good que joints in Valdosta.

The only place I will recommend is the Smoking Pig. Just keep in mind that it isn't a traditional barbecue joint. The restaurant is pretty large in size, but it is always packed, and I have seen lines out of the door at the peek times. The food is good and the service is good, but owners also own a buffet in town, and the Smoking Pig has that buffet feel about it. The food is consistent, but it won't knock "wow" a brethren.