PDA

View Full Version : (Almost) Live American Royal Updates!!

KnucklHed BBQ
09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
I hadn't seen anyone else start a thread along these lines yet, my appologies if I missed it!

It's my first time going to the AR :icon_blush: and needless to say I'm all jacked up about it!

I was thinking that with the proliferation of iPhones and Droids we have these days and the ease of uploading pics & video directly from them, it might be kinda cool to have a thread for anyone that wants to post from the Royal available, that way folks that haven't been before can check it out from the ground and folks that can't make it can still have a peek at the fun!

Feel free to post with links to pics or video here!

KnucklHed BBQ
10-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Quick video of a brisket we tossed into the fire yesterday... and my ugly mug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYq9-JhCWZ8

Gore
10-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Ok, I just gave away my lunch so I can have that slice of brisket you promised me.

Garyclaw
10-01-2010, 12:04 PM
That briskey looks DANG good.

1FUNVET
10-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Wanna try some Taco Bell for it ? :heh:

pat
10-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Cool rotisserie. Brisket looks damn good

Bill Ames
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
FAB guys are hanging out with The Smokin Scotsmen at site 868 if anybody would like to stop and chat...

I must say, this is my first trip to the AR, and it's impressive! We've met some really cool people, and finally put faces with some names we've known for years. Now if I can just track down Ray Lampe and Steve Farrin...

Jeff Selle
10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey knucklehead what is your spot number? and do you know which spot Smokin Hot Grillfriends ended up with? I am watching the live stream on wiredbbq.com ... the guy that's doing it (Joe), doesn't seem to know much about BBQ... he went into Tuffy's camp from Cool Smoke and he didn't even know who he was talking too...

Ron_L
10-01-2010, 02:34 PM
The Grillfriends are in 815. We walked by there earlier.

Jeff Selle
10-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks Ron...

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
So far the live stream is pretty neat. As far as who he is talking to and what the guys are willing to show and tell. My only complaint is the stationary web cam... at least move it a little every now and then if you aren't doing live stuff.

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 02:49 PM
The is a cam set up across the street kinda caddy corner to where the three main flagpoles are at and they pan the area during the time they are not interviewing. I'm watching it live right now and it would be cool to see some of your ugly mugs. Maybe some of you could go up the cam if you have a chance and smile for us or maybe even moon us.........errrr, well maybe not.
Living the dream through wiredbbq.com and through all you that are there!! I'll be keeping an eye out for you guys.

Great looking brisket by the way!

Bob

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 02:51 PM
So far the live stream is pretty neat. As far as who he is talking to and what the guys are willing to show and tell. My only complaint is the stationary web cam... at least move it a little every now and then if you aren't doing live stuff.

THey must have listened to you cause the have been panning the camera more often.

WHo was that ugly farker with the Becks beer that said Hi Mom and while ago!!:becky:

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Between this and the live feed I can see that I am going to get squat done today... Well, I will at least get some chicken on the grill and several adult beverages made but that might be the extent of it... :becky:

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Between this and the live feed I can see that I am going to get squat done today... Well, I will at least get some chicken on the grill and several adult beverages made but that might be the extent of it... :becky:

I'm already NOT getting squat done. Have the volume muted as I'm at work...........oops, did I just say that.

Pretty cool live feed!

Beverages later on!

Jeff Selle
10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Earlier today, I saw them interview a guy named phil from the BBQ Brethern team... apparently there will be a group picture of the brethern at 6 p.m. their time...

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Was that the guy that had the Bretheren logo painted on the side of his trailer? I just missed that...

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Quick video of a brisket we tossed into the fire yesterday... and my ugly mug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYq9-JhCWZ8

Pretty cool pit you guys got there! :thumb:

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 03:09 PM
The two guys next to the U Haul truck are getting lots of air time. Are they Brethren?

Jeff Selle
10-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Yes Captain PJ that was the BBQ Brethern team ... Ha! Bob they must have heard you

deguerre
10-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Dang Ry, that really you?:becky:
Cool set-up.:thumb:

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Is the live feed going "off air" for everyone else? or just me....?:confused: Also I know it says (as far as coverage goes) noon till dusk, I just wish they would do a live feed all weekend cause then I would have an "excuse" for having "one" more cocktail...

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey is that Phil, Ron, and Bull on top of that trailer all shirtless!! Showing off their abs, and biceps, and triceps(Arnold Voice Mod). I'm so sexy looooook at me. LOL!!
"The rest of you are a bunch of girly bbq men"(Arnold Voice again)

Looks like a freaking blast!!! Someday, someday!

Bob

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I tell you guys what! I'm going to make my own microphone and walk around and interview people just so I can get all them free samples!! Dang, that is one lucky farker. Who wants to run the cam for me? I'm thinking we could probably score some free beers and booze too!

You can tell that BBQ People are GREAT FOLKS!!!

deguerre
10-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Here ya go Bob!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4159gwvWrQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003IDNXPU/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=165793011&s=toys-and-games)

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Here ya go Bob!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4159gwvWrQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003IDNXPU/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=165793011&s=toys-and-games)

Thats all I need. Bring your Tickle Me Elmo vid cam and let's get to it!!:becky::laugh:

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I can multi task... I can carry a camera and a beer at the same time!

Jeff Selle
10-01-2010, 04:37 PM
I love how the camera went off line and among all the chatter you can hear a cooler opening and closing!!

ModelMaker
10-01-2010, 04:38 PM
They just talked to Mista and are trying to find the Brethren site.
Ed

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I can multi task... I can carry a camera and a beer at the same time!

You are hired! Guerry, you are fired. I had to switch it off, once it went all Blair Witch BBQ it gave me a headache. I wonder if the camera guy is already buzzing!:becky:

This is my kind of reality TV!!!! How many pounds you think the interviewers will put on by the time SUnday rolls around. I missed Mista! Dang it.

Bob

I'd figure there would be way more viewers that what the counter has been saying.

They need to have Hang Over Cam going at about 6 AM tomorrow morning!!

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 04:48 PM
All them mobile food vendors are gonna make a killing I bet!

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
They need to have Hang Over Cam going at about 6 AM tomorrow morning!!
I want to see that and the cause of the hang over!

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Now we have a sweet view of the sidewalk! KEWL!!!

Look at all dem ABTS!!!!!! Oh my.......

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I really like the double talk...

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Clean the lense!! Lol!!

SmokinAussie
10-01-2010, 05:36 PM
If there is a live feed, I can't find it. I just went to the official website, but got nothin! Help me out fellas!

Rich Parker
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
If there is a live feed, I can't find it. I just went to the official website, but got nothin! Help me out fellas!

http://arbbq.com/Home/tabid/88/Default.aspx

SmokinAussie
10-01-2010, 05:42 PM
http://arbbq.com/Home/tabid/88/Default.aspx

Yep, I just thought that was it, it's not working. It's a possibility that it won't broadcast outside the US. Can you twll me if it's actually working for you right now? All I get is a box with a little red cross in the top left hand corner. Yes, I am using EI9 for this, even though I hate it.

Bill

MrSmoker
10-01-2010, 05:44 PM
It's working for me

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 05:45 PM
maybe try again...? it's working for me... http://www.arbbq.com/Home/tabid/88/Default.aspx

Jeff Selle
10-01-2010, 06:07 PM
The American royal site only supports internet explorer, but if you go to wiredbbq.com and scroll down to see the 31st American Royal live feed, you can watch with Firefox and other browsers...

QansasjayhawQ
10-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Well, many thanks to Icon IT Solutions and whoever else all worked to get this done - it's a lot of fun watching!

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon to walk around . . .

SmokinAussie
10-01-2010, 06:19 PM
The American royal site only supports internet explorer, but if you go to wiredbbq.com and scroll down to see the 31st American Royal live feed, you can watch with Firefox and other browsers...

Hi Jeff, yes, that's got it! Thanks!

Bill

leanza
10-01-2010, 06:23 PM
This killing me! No streaming here at work, cant wait to get home and fire up the video.

Rich Parker
10-01-2010, 06:32 PM
I am using Chrome and using the link on arbbq.com without any issues.

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Okay guys, we've seen enough of the buffet table...........start walking! Start working off some of that Q. PLEASE!!

MrSmoker
10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Someone needs to show that guy the difference between a Smoker and a Grill! :heh:

bigabyte
10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
The video works for me with Chrome, but that's because Google wants their stuff to run anything, anywhere, so no surprise.

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I wanna know if these buffett people are new sponsors to the live feed? Move along guys!!!

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 07:26 PM
I swear, the camera person must be like 3 feet tall or somethin. Either that, or it Butt Cam hour! LOL!!

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I also think the camera guy is sprinting past all kinds of cool stuff... slow down...

BobBrisket
10-01-2010, 07:33 PM
He got some REALLY good footage of those girls from Conneticut though!!:-D

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 07:39 PM
YEA he did!! :becky:

leanza
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Looks like a fricken Frat party going on on the live stream. Where's the Woman Gone Wild camera guy?

How do we make the frame go full screen. cant seem to do it.

Captain P.J.
10-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Looks like a fricken Frat party going on on the live stream. Where's the Woman Gone Wild camera guy?

How about a camera "person" with an intrest of smoking/grilling of any kind of meat... IMHO it should be about the people, meat and cooker. These people work hard to show case their cooking skills and meat! Let's show that! (as I get off my soap box) :pray:

leanza
10-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Good morning Ryan, :sick: are you able to lift your head and open your eyes to give us who are thirsty for an update, an update?

leanza
10-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Wiredbbq got a live stream going now

BobBrisket
10-02-2010, 11:49 AM
NorthwestBBQ, QansasjayhawQ, myself and a few others logged onto the live chat board on wiredbbq last night and we were talking to Joe and the fellas running the computers behind the scenes. We were able to convince them to head out to the Brethren site! If you stayed up to see it...........it involved, prime rib, a cowboy hat, a thong, and drinking booze out of a bottle!! Not necessarily in that order though! Course Phil was wearing the thong........................around his ears and face. Anyhoo! The crew was scheduled to stop filming at 5PM and kept filming till 10PM. If any of you log on to the chat board, give em a big thanks for doing this.

As for Phil and the crew..........Bite me too! Let's discuss!!!:becky:

I believe QansasjayhawQ will be out there today! Keep an eye out for him.

Bob

Jaberwabee
10-02-2010, 11:52 AM
In about 7 minutes it will look like ants marching all over the place.

KnucklHed BBQ
10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Alright Tom, just for you... Working on up loads now... Wait till you see how busy our site was with gawkers, all farking night!
I finally left our spot at about 1 am, met Phil, BigMista, folks from Moo Cow... Saw Jorge yesterday in the morn, not nearly as scary as his "contemplative moderator online persona would have you believe... :becky:

Captain P.J.
10-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the audio? I am hearing everything 2 or 3 times kind of echoing...

BBQchef33
10-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Just for the.record. we picked up ntholes bandera on the way here. Its now loaded with briskets and starts its new tour of duty showcased at the.american royal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MrSmoker
10-03-2010, 06:40 AM
That's cool Phil, got to protect the Bandera it's on the endangered smoker list. Wish I never sold my Dually, lot of good memories. :clap2:

Bob S
10-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Just for the.record. we picked up ntholes bandera on the way here. Its not loaded with briskets and starts its new tour of duty showcased at the.american royal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Phil must have meant to type "it's now loaded with briskets". Its been smoking away for hours. It has a new life and helped cook us dinner at the Royal too.

Bigmista
10-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Here are some of my pics from the Royal so far...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=86127&id=1040276865&l=e2e6c98af3

frognot
10-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Great pics Neil!

Captain P.J.
10-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Cool pics!

JD McGee
10-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Great pics Mista...thanks for sharing! BTW...who was trying to give who a reacharound...you or Poob???:twisted:

Captain P.J.
10-03-2010, 12:29 PM
okay... enough of the chalk drawing lady... it's rib turn in time...

KnucklHed BBQ
10-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Awwww yeeeeaahhhhh..... Waiting for the awards ceremony....!! Big update comin from me later on! If I aint too litz... :becky: first "free" night to par-tayyyy....

Lotta work this weekend!

ThomEmery
10-03-2010, 05:21 PM
That was great

KnucklHed BBQ
10-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Hoe-lee-crap...

This means nothing to most of you, but Jonny and I took (got?) 223rd out of 499... That means more than half of these guys Sucked ASS!! ...compared to us! Cooking over open fires On A Freaking STICK!!! :evil: :becky:

Jonny is seriously freaking OUT right now!

SHOTZZZZZ!

Jeff Selle
10-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Lol...

Bigmista
10-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Just uploaded more pics

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/bigmista/American%20Royal%202010/?albumview=slideshow

Warthog
10-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Neil, thanks for the great pictures.

Gore
10-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Hoe-lee-crap...

This means nothing to most of you, but Jonny and I took (got?) 223rd out of 499... That means more than half of these guys Sucked ASS!! ...compared to us! Cooking over open fires On A Freaking STICK!!! :evil: :becky:

SHOTZZZZZ!

LMAO, guess that answers the age-old question of what is more important, the cook or the cooker.

Jonny Rotisserie
10-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Hoe-lee-crap...

SHOTZZZZZ!

Please pardon KnucklHed for any possible um...excessive exuberance. We were a "wee" bit inebriated last night celebrating what felt like a HUGE win for us. I started competing this season finishing dead last in my first contest and only slowly crept up from the bottom from there. Top half at the Royal? That was WAY better than anything we'd hoped for. I can't even imagine how you guys feel that post up top 10 performances. I'd have a coronary for sure. At the very least, someone please hide the Jagermiester from me if/when we post another decent finish. Please. :shocked:

For the record, KnucklHed is truly a BBQ genius for helping figure out how to get us into the game using just our humble rotisseries over open fire pits. I'd like to say another big thanks to him for all his efforts and a big shout out to everyone else I visited all around America whose advice also helped contribute to this achievement for which we are quite proud. Special thanks to T out in SLC (Q4U), Robbie in SLC and our Royal neighbor Paul at the Pickled Pig who all really helped us down the good path. Couldn't have done it without y'all!

--Jonny Rotisserie

KnucklHed BBQ
10-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Alright, youtube hated my guts this weekend and finally let me in to upload vids...

Here are a few, I gots several more but they'll take time since I shot them all in HD for your viewing pleasures! I'm in Denver for an hour, I'll see how many more I can get posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbf_iDx6XAs&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziiqJOTby7I&hd=1
This one is kinda dark, but sorta shows the amount of people we had hanging out in our booth all night... I finally left our booth for the first time at 1 am on Friday, came back at 2:30 and there were still at least 20 people hanging around! crazy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-WgkSEDgRs&hd=1

Gore
10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Ryan, Jonny, Congrats! That is truly amazing, stunning, and hilarious! I am truly impressed. It's a bit chilly today and I'll open up a nice stout and drink with you tonight.

KnucklHed BBQ
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks Gorden!

Didnt get uploads done, on plane leaving denver, nice lady making me turn off my "electronic device" :wink:

Gore
10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Dang, your "electronic device" has a satellite connection? What will they think of next? I bet she was nice. :wink:

KnucklHed BBQ
10-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Alright, I've been able to sort through a few more vids and get youtube to accept them... These links are all for the HD version of the vid, if you're on a slower connection and need a lower quality for faster loads, you can adjust it.

I was just in time to catch Elvis turning in ribs! Took a little extra video to show everyone the "grand central station" turn in area -busy place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4JbotfQOcs&hd=1

A small conversation between Poob & Bigdog... what transpired just before this scene was Phil hollering from the trailer - "Steve, whats the temp on that thing at?"
"Uhh, 290* Poob!"
"Why the hell do we want it at 290?? Get it down where we need it!"
"You got it boss!" (swings door wide open, whistles and looks around for about 10 seconds, closes door) "225* now Poob!" :laugh:

Phil loads 2 packers while steve comments on how long the door is open...
Now you see Poob stuffing the firebox with mesq chips to get the temp back up and the akward conversation that ensues. Oh, and I jump in with my smart mouthed comments, of course. :heh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE17gOKOQco&hd=1

See next clip for Steve's comments :wink:

An official sounding hello from Neil :-P and a howdy from Shane of MooCow, yelonutz (John) cameo, a mention of yak (but he eludes the cam) and a display of my ignorance when I ask Bigdog how the MOAB is... oops, wrong cooker! :roll:
Oh and beware... COLORFUL LANGUAGE IN USE!! :mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KGr67OBCfQ&hd=1

Poob cleaning while everyone else stands around - Reveals his secret brisket marinade!! :shock: I don't remember seeing any Dr. Pepper around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TndgUjXba4U&hd=1

Sunday morning meat over the fire! Jonny and I had a rare moment where (mostly) everything was caught up and we were able to take a few pics and shoot some video of our setup. Talk about too many irons in the fire!

BTW - those chicken thighs?? 31st place!! We were 1/2 a point from a 20th place call! :whoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFbmrV0wDN0&hd=1

A short clip of Jonny waking me up Sunday morning :bored: - I'd been sleeping next to my fire pit since 3am when the 1st butt went on. :crazy: Woke up every hour to tend the fire and then back to sleep - man it was cold! Ground was kinda hard too... :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZ6nIPWm-A&hd=1

Wired BBQ Stopped by - I didn't get the interview, just the hand shakes afterwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlRk9gx22nE&hd=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlRk9gx22nE&hd=1)

Hands down my favorite video of all - Jacked Up Jonny after finding out about our 223rd place finish and 31st place chicken.
More colorful language in this one! :icon_blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJ-Qu7G-zI&hd=1

And SOMEHOW I didn't get a single video or pic of Rookie 48 or Woodwardbbq! :doh: I probably hung out with them the most! :confused:

Bigdog
10-06-2010, 09:20 PM
OK, here's the friggin deal. I'm in charge of the temps on the Bandera. Poopy wants to cook at about 230 and is getting ready to load it up with a bunch of ribs. Now the Bandera, unlike the MOAB, looses temps fast when the door is open and is somewhat slow to recover. So I ramp up the temps in preparation for this. I get it to about 270 or so and Phil freaks out that it is too hot. So I open the freakin door and it coasts to 230 really fast. I'm laughing now, so are others. :becky: So now Poopus Butt opens the door and takes his freaking time loading her up. When he finally shuts the door, temps in the smoke chamber are about 75. He looks at me like WTF. That is why I make the Farking four hour comment. :rolleyes: I tell him that usually I wait in between loads to allow the temps to stablize. That's when he makes the "we don't have that kind of time" comment. :drama: What you didn't see is him all pissed at me for using oak chunks instead of cherry.:redface:

leanza
10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Alright,

Hands down my favorite video of all - Jacked Up Jonny after finding out about our 223rd place finish and 31st place chicken.
More colorful language in this one! :icon_blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJ-Qu7G-zI&hd=1

Ryan, hands down my favorite video shoot. You guys were slobbering happy.........Buzzed. I would be too! Thanks for taking us along with you.

KnucklHed BBQ
10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Ryan, hands down my favorite video shoot. You guys were slobbering happy.........Buzzed. I would be too! Thanks for taking us along with you.

lol, thanks Tom!

I was more in "make sure Jonny stays outta trouble" mode, so my buzz was moderate. ...although I did kill that bottle of wild turkey - literally! Slipped outta my hand and landed on the concrete before I had even had a sip! :tsk::mad2:

KnucklHed BBQ
10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
OK, here's the friggin deal. I'm in charge of the temps on the Bandera. Poopy wants to cook at about 230 and is getting ready to load it up with a bunch of ribs. Now the Bandera, unlike the MOAB, looses temps fast when the door is open and is somewhat slow to recover. So I ramp up the temps in preparation for this. I get it to about 270 or so and Phil freaks out that it is too hot. So I open the freakin door and it coasts to 230 really fast. I'm laughing now, so are others. :becky: So now Poopus Butt opens the door and takes his freaking time loading her up. When he finally shuts the door, temps in the smoke chamber are about 75. He looks at me like WTF. That is why I make the Farking four hour comment. :rolleyes: I tell him that usually I wait in between loads to allow the temps to stablize. That's when he makes the "we don't have that kind of time" comment. :drama: What you didn't see is him all pissed at me for using oak chunks instead of cherry.:redface:

Hope I didn't stir things up too much by postin' that... :heh::heh: All in good fun!

It was funny to see Phil trying to deny that you were right. :becky::wink:

It was great meeting you and hanging out for a while saturday night Steve!