PDA

View Full Version : Road trip to Albuquerque looking for Q

Big Mack
09-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Going to Albuquerque and Santa Fe in October for the balloon festival with my wife.
I was hoping to find some good Q, can any brethren help?

Bigdog
09-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Not really a BBQ town. Never had any there either. I go every year and it's all about the green chilie. I eat endless bowls of the stuff when I'm there. Just say green chilie stew. I also get the tamale boats at the field too (they put the green chilie on top). :cool:

The best green chilie was at the Cline's Corner exit coming in from the east. Not sure they make it anymore.

TRS
10-03-2010, 06:40 AM
I was in Albuquerque a few months ago and ate at the Whole Hog Cafe on Montgomery. It was pretty good. Pulled pork was good and the smoked chicken was excellent.

Johnny Seven OMA
10-03-2010, 01:49 PM
There used to be a joint named Powdrell's, downtown on Central just east of the Kino theater. The sauce on the Q was dynamite. If you get to the balloon lift early, and are taking pictures, you can catch the balloons, still on the ground, between the camera and the rising sun. The sun illuminates the balloon in contrast to the pale-early morning light, and makes for a neat photo. Hope you find Powdrell's. (11301 Central Ave. NE. 505-298-6766)
Johhny 7 :tumbleweed:

Big Mack
10-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the tips, we leave tomorrow, I'll let you know what I find.