PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Central Illinois Bragging Rights, Arthur, IL - Oct 8 & 9, 2010

Ron_L
09-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there. I should have bags of whole bean coffee available for $10/bag, but that depends on when we get back from the Royal.

Who's in?

Scottie
09-27-2010, 12:55 PM
We'll be there. Save me a bag of coffee!! :becky:

Seeing I will be able to get there early, I am considering entering the sausage contest. Although, the orgainzer asked me not to enter... Just to give other teams a chance.... :boxing:

chambersuac
09-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm close, so I might pop by to say howdy to the Brethren! Ron - are you gonna have ONLY whole bean coffee? I'm sure I could pick up a few bags of grounded for the Manito folks if you've got 'em. No pressure, though.

Ron_L
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Let me see if I have any left after the Royal and if I have time to roast when we get back, Dan. How many bags were you thinking?

Stoke&Smoke
09-28-2010, 08:22 AM
We'll be there Ron. I'll probably be in for a pound as well

4 smokin butts
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
:clap2:4 smokin butts is acomming

Three porks
09-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Three Porks and a Smoker's in......so Ron whats the deal with the coffee? I'm always up for some good coffee. Dann I'm bringing some Highland Park 12yr scotch. Don't I still owe you a drink?

chambersuac
09-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Let me see if I have any left after the Royal and if I have time to roast when we get back, Dan. How many bags were you thinking?

I'll let you know ASAP. Not too many...50 or so :icon_blush: j/k

Ron_L
09-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Three Porks and a Smoker's in......so Ron whats the deal with the coffee? I'm always up for some good coffee. Dann I'm bringing some Highland Park 12yr scotch. Don't I still owe you a drink?

My "other" hobby is home coffee roasting. We make a big pot of coffee to share with friends and neighbors at comps and this year I've been selling bags of coffee at comps, too.

Three porks
09-29-2010, 07:58 AM
My "other" hobby is home coffee roasting. We make a big pot of coffee to share with friends and neighbors at comps and this year I've been selling bags of coffee at comps, too.

Cool! If you have any extra you can pencil me in for a couple. See ya in Arthur!

Stoke&Smoke
09-29-2010, 08:15 AM

That's a question I'll rarely answer with no!:-D

BTW, Ron's coffee is pretty darn good. I don't drink much coffee anymore, used to from dawn till dusk, but I make a point to get a cup of Ron's whenever we're at a comp together

Three porks
09-29-2010, 08:25 AM
That's a question I'll rarely answer with no!:-D

BTW, Ron's coffee is pretty darn good. I don't drink much coffee anymore, used to from dawn till dusk, but I make a point to get a cup of Ron's whenever we're at a comp together

I can't wait to try some! Esp. on those cool 40 mornings we've been having here in central Illinois lately.

Smokedelic
09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
PigDawg is in. The season is winding down and we still need to put a few thousand miles on the trailer.

Would love to try a bag of that coffee for sure.

Safe travels everyone!

Scottie
09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
PigDawg is in. The season is winding down and we still need to put a few thousand miles on the trailer.

Would love to try a bag of that coffee for sure.

Safe travels everyone!

Welcome to Illinois, Mike. As long as you leave some of those other Okies behind... :wink:

Here's a hint. The closer you get to the railroad tracks, the louder it gets... Also, make sure you order the sticky buns that the local club makes for Saturday morning. They are real good. i believe the order form is on the website.

Smokedelic
09-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Welcome to Illinois, Mike. As long as you leave some of those other Okies behind... :wink:

Here's a hint. The closer you get to the railroad tracks, the louder it gets... Also, make sure you order the sticky buns that the local club makes for Saturday morning. They are real good. i believe the order form is on the website.

Thanks Scottie, we try to leave them behind every week....with limited success.:wink:

Thanks for the heads up on the sticky buns, will get those ordered. Hopefully, we'll have some primo coffee to go with them.

Scottie
09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Get to Ron's trailer early. It's popular... :becky: I'm usually the one standing there at 6:00 am asking if it's ready yet... OK, maybe more like 6:15...

Ron_L
09-29-2010, 01:15 PM
The coffee is usually ready by 6:30 and gone by 8:30 or so. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q-Stream
09-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey Scottie,

Watch that Okie-talk, there's one of them's agonna be judgin'.:boxing: I think I can make it over to judge the sauce and sausage too.:heh: Best of luck with all the contests.

Laird

KCBS CBJ, Certified Table Captain
BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss w/ Okie State Orange wheels and Thermapen

Scottie
09-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey Scottie,

Watch that Okie-talk, there's one of them's agonna be judgin'.:boxing: I think I can make it over to judge the sauce and sausage too.:heh: Best of luck with all the contests.

Laird

BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss w/ Okie State Orange wheels and Thermapen

Well, at least someone did a little talk with the sausage. I was hoping there would be a little smack talk. but seeing that no one is stepping up, I'll probably pass...

See you there Laird. Hope you get some good food on your table.

Three porks
09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Well, at least someone did a little talk with the sausage. I was hoping there would be a little smack talk. but seeing that no one is stepping up, I'll probably pass...

See you there Laird. Hope you get some good food on your table.

We were 2nd place sausage at Shannon this year...i was hoping for some good competition :becky: ............(but not to good)

Scottie
09-30-2010, 12:09 PM
We were 2nd place sausage at Shannon this year...i was hoping for some good competition :becky: ............(but not to good)

It was a bad year this year for sausage judging in Shannon... :icon_shy

Well, looks like I need to make some sausage this weekend...

Smokedelic
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
I think it normally does get kinda quiet when guys start talking about their sausage.:boxing:

Q-Stream
09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
And some guys get realllllly upset if their sausage gets scored a 5.:roll:

Laird

BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss w/ Okie State Orange wheels and thermapen

Three porks
09-30-2010, 10:42 PM

Well, looks like I need to make some sausage this weekend...

Make some or BUY some....:wink:

Ron_L
10-01-2010, 09:54 AM

I agree :)

If we get back from the Royal in time I'll be happy to kick your btt sausage at Arthur :)

CIBR
10-01-2010, 04:59 PM
We'll be there. Save me a bag of coffee!! :becky:

Seeing I will be able to get there early, I am considering entering the sausage contest. Although, the orgainzer asked me not to enter... Just to give other teams a chance.... :boxing:

Just to set the record straight, we asked them not to enter due to the fact we were concerned for the health of our judges.:heh:

Cross your fingers for some good weather and we look forward to seeing you all here next weekend.

Adam
Cibr-BBQ.com

Scottie
10-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Make some or BUY some....:wink:

Now don't go hating because no one else thought of using brown n serve....

Three porks
10-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Now don't go hating because no one else thought of using brown n serve....

Hey I've been using brown n serve! :rolleyes: shigger!!

ipls3355
10-04-2010, 10:40 AM
I may take a lap through Arthur next weekend. Hate to miss an event so close, but I've got some issues at my house I need to tend to.

chambersuac
10-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Just saw that they have a backyard ribs/chicken contest. Considering entering, if not too late. Anyone know if there are any things for the kids to do around there if/when they get bored of helping me?

CIBR
10-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Dan,

There are some things around for the kids to see and do. If you have an adult that will be with them they can head out to the pumpkin patch south of town, which they will love. There should also be a kid running buggy rides around town on Saturday. I haven't heard yet for sure if one of the local organizations is setting up a kids zone or not but they have the past few years.

On another note, just saw the weather forcast for this coming weekend and it is calling for 75-80 degrees on Satuday with a low of around 55 on Friday night. Maybe this year we will make it without blowing all the fuses.

Looking forward to seeing you all this coming weekend. Chris, no excuses.

Adam
Cibr-BBQ.com

Edit: Dan, forgot to mention, we are still taking applications if you feel like entering the backyard portion of the competition.

chambersuac
10-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks, Adam - I think I'm sending in my entry form today, if it's not too late...

4 smokin butts
10-04-2010, 12:20 PM
adam is the bar that serves the mushrooms still open downtown??? 4 smokin butts cant wait to get their

chambersuac
10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Hey Brethren, I have a couple of questions for ya.

Since my family will be coming with me, I can't get there Friday or too early on Saturday. Probably get there between 9:30-10. Rib turn in is 2 PM...which gives me less than 4 hours to cook the ribs, get the chicken going, and produce turn in boxes. Any advice on how that time frame is kept? Cook on a grill and not a smoker??? I really am at a loss. This past weekend, my spares took a good 5 hours...should I think about baby backs? Thanks for any advice you can send my way.

Ron_L
10-04-2010, 12:36 PM
The kids can always come by our site and wash dishes, Dan :-D

chambersuac
10-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks, Ron - I'll let them know. As nice as you are, they might just do it. :)

Ron_L
10-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I cook spares at 275 in four hours, so if you can get there a little earlier you can get them done. Just tell the family that there's no sleeping in BBQ!

chambersuac
10-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Ron, yeah you and I know that sleep is not too common in BBQ, but for my wife and kids, sleep on Saturday is looked favorably upon. I'll try to get there as early as possible. Maybe you can pick up my gear and get my site set up on Friday. Oh, that gives me an idea...maybe I can bring my stuff and set up on Friday and come back Saturday to start cooking. Would it be safe to leave out unattended in Arthur? With the Brethren there, I wouldn't worry - don't know how the other crowds are, though. Thoughts?

CIBR
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM
1, The Berg is still open and serving hot deep fried breaded mushrooms and cold beer in downtown Arthur. So no worries there.

2. I would say there is little to no worries about leaving your site unattended on Friday night. All of the KCBS contestants will be there and there will be a few Thrill cooks there already so there will be people around to discourage the riff raff. Of course, there isn't much riff raff to speak of so I think it will all work out. Hell, I moved back to Arthur after college and have only locked my house door once in that 14 years. The only bad thing is i had to leave my back doors unlocked so I could get back in after vacation since I have absolutely no clue where my house keys are.

Weather forcast today at noon for this weekend was Friday 75 degrees. Friday night 55 degrees, Saturday 80 degreex and sunny!!!

Schedule for the weekend is available at www.cibr-bbq.com (http://www.cibr-bbq.com).

Give George or I a shout if anyone has questions. I will be monitoring the forums and we can also be reached at 217-543-2766 throughout the day.

4 smokin butts
10-05-2010, 07:57 AM
we would like to invite every one over for the 911 toast sat morn , in memory of our fallen,and our freindship in bbqing....then its game on. dennis:clap2:

billm
10-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey Brethren, I have a couple of questions for ya.

Since my family will be coming with me, I can't get there Friday or too early on Saturday. Probably get there between 9:30-10. Rib turn in is 2 PM...which gives me less than 4 hours to cook the ribs, get the chicken going, and produce turn in boxes. Any advice on how that time frame is kept? Cook on a grill and not a smoker??? I really am at a loss. This past weekend, my spares took a good 5 hours...should I think about baby backs? Thanks for any advice you can send my way.

thats cutting it awful close IMO Dan..even for baby backs..also have to figure in time to get your cooker started and up to temp as well

Fyrman_Mike
10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
we would like to invite every one over for the 911 toast sat morn , in memory of our fallen,and our freindship in bbqing....then its game on. dennis:clap2:
Will DEFINATELY be at the toast!

Ron L...Save a bag of beans for me.

Looking forward to our first Backyard Comp. Look for the Redheads at "RES-Q BBQ"

Stoke&Smoke
10-06-2010, 09:36 AM

Would this be in lieu of the 9:22 or in addition??:wink:

I believe Mike Lake hosted the last 9:22 at Arthur. Wasn't sure about this year. Hey, what the heck, I'm good for both!

I do kind of like your reasoning behind 9:11

Scottie
10-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Would this be in lieu of the 9:22 or in addition??:wink:

I believe Mike Lake hosted the last 9:22 at Arthur. Wasn't sure about this year. Hey, what the heck, I'm good for both!

I do kind of like your reasoning behind 9:11

We did that at Silver Lake on 9/11...

I'm not superstitious, but I'm going back to 9:22... :roll:

Fyrman_Mike
10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Is it too late to order the rolls for Sat?

CIBR
10-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I think they are making plenty of cinnamon rolls for Friday. Feel free to send in an order and we will pass it on to the girls to make.

Adam
cibr-bbq.com

chambersuac
10-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Is anyone doing a bulk parsley and/or lettuce buy?

Stoke&Smoke
10-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Mighty big difference between this year and last! It's absolutely gorgeous here! As opp.osed to last years driving rainstorm we set up in:mad2:

Not too many teams here yet, I think maybe 20, bet there should be 50 or more by tomorrow! Should be a great time!

We're on Illinois, just east of Vine, if anybody wants to come say hi tomorrow or Saturday

Dan, as I said in PM, I'll know when I go through my inventory in the morning what I may have to spare. I bought extra this time, last comp I forgot my lettuce at home:shocked: Made for a bit of a panic moment.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Fyrman_Mike
10-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Dan, as I said in PM, I'll know when I go through my inventory in the morning what I may have to spare. I bought extra this time, last comp I forgot my lettuce at home:shocked: Made for a bit of a panic moment.

I will be coming up this afternoon. I can drop an extra head of lettuce in the cooler if you need it! Just let me know. Going to the store in an hour!:thumb:

chambersuac
10-08-2010, 09:06 AM
God's blessings and protection to all who are traveling this weekend. Look forward to seeing some of ya later this afternoon.

chambersuac
10-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I will be coming up this afternoon. I can drop an extra head of lettuce in the cooler if you need it! Just let me know. Going to the store in an hour!:thumb:

Mike, if you would, I'd appreciate it. The problem I have is I don't have a place to buy it here in Manito and I'm not sure if Arthur has a place to buy it - and I won't be passing any supermarkets on my way that I know of. Plus, I'm on my way to do some shut-in visits this morning, so I'm afraid I'll run out of time and not get a chance to get some...

chambersuac
10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Ron L - don't know if you are online, or if you will be checking this, but I lost your phone number. The one I have from a couple of months ago goes to a work "out of office" message.

We'll be getting there by 4 for the cooks meeting, if possible. Might ask some of ya to give me a hand unloading, if you're still willing, as it's only Drew and I coming today.

ipls3355
10-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Looks like I'm out; have to head to St. Louis in the morning.

Stoke&Smoke
10-09-2010, 01:23 AM
OK, so does anyone know for sure who's doing the 9:22? or do I find it on my own :redface:

See ya'll tomorrow!