PDA

View Full Version : FF337 Intro

FF337
09-27-2010, 09:43 AM
I am a full-time Firefighter/EMT-I, I own and operate a small lawn care company to pass the time on my days off. I am 27 years old, male. I live just outside of Augusta, GA. I am married to a full-time school teacher, part-time pastry baker. She started by small pastries, then cakes and recently jumped into wedding cakes. The Mrs. has talent.

We have 4 dogs. 1 full-blooded Catahoula Leopard, 1 Catahoula Leopard / American Bulldog (Catahoula Bulldog), and 2 of their puppies. Most of yall know them as Cowdogs. I am also big into Salt water coral reef aquariums.

I have cooked since I was very young. I learned from watching momma. I have always been partial to a grill. I started out with a Weber Kettle Grill, 22 inch. I bought it when I started at the fire house. The grill they had at my station was in bad shape, so I threw it away. 2 years later I got transferred to a different station and I left the Weber there. I liked that grill, so I am going to buy another one, I am looking at the Weber Gold 22.5.

My in-laws bought us a Gas grill that did not last very long. The burners rusted out in less than 18 months. After that grill got a new home in the storage shed, I bought a Char Grill duo. 1/2 gas, 1/2 charcoal. It does not fit our requirements very well. It is too large for 2 steaks, or 2 pieces of chicken, etc. So I might donate it to a neighbor for her yard sale coming up.

I recently started looking in the Kamado grills. I am saving for the Large version of the BGE. I have a few friends with them and they are very pleased with them. I like some of the Eggcessories available. I may buy this grill this coming up weekend.

I also recently started making rubs and sauces. I bought the recipe for 3 of them from Wolfe and using my exploration skills in the spice cabinet and the internet GPS, I came up with my own steak rub. It even makes a crust. I came up with 2 sauces as well. First was a runny mess, made your insides pucker from too much vinegar. Second one, was ON TIME. Made 2 bottles last night and have been putting it on everything except cereal and ice cream. Even put some on the dogs food for them.

I don't intend on bothering anyone here. Just simply learn from the GREATS, and learn from the mistakes that have already been done.

Thanks for your time.

Midnight Smoke
09-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Hello and Welcome!

smoken don
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Welcoe FF337! Lots of good folks here.

Rookie'48
09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Welcome to our crazy little club house!

frognot
09-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Welcome aboard FF337!

Big George's BBQ
09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Welcome

bbquzz
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Welcome FF337 from The Land of the Buckeye Nut :becky: This is great place to learn and if you having something to share ... Put it out there :thumb: Sounds like you lead a busy life.

Ashmont
09-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Welcome you will like it here! Love the avatar..... Try Craiglist for a used Weber kettle. Can usually pic up for around $25.00. That way if you leave it your not out that many bones.... Have the other FF chip in.... Oh EMT-P 20+ years... Soak it in man we like food pron.....

watg?
09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
welcome:-P

bluetang
09-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Welcome FF337, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

FF337
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome folks. I am going to pick up wood to make me a naked whiz table for my BGE when I get it. I think I might make a matching counter with a drop in sink that I can attach to water source.

Anyone else from the Augusta, GA area?

Neil
09-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Welcome aboard FF337, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Westexbbq
09-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the camp,
FF337.
Enjoy.

rescue_ranger
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
welcome brother