PDA

View Full Version : 14 days until the American Royal

moocow
09-16-2010, 07:42 PM
With all of the Jack talk and then getting our bung drawn I feel like I have been neglecting the American Royal. Got our packet in the mail today with our parking passes and wristbands. I have to admit it made be a bit excited. Look forward to seeing everyone and travel safe!

bbqbull
09-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I will be there assisting the Smokin Scotsmen's Team!

Lion Bout The Q
09-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Got our packet today too...pretty cool..looking forward to the experience:crazy:

JD McGee
09-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Good luck and safe journey to all headin' to the Royal! :thumb:

Just Pulin' Pork
09-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Shane can't wait to see you guys there! Sticks-N-Chicks will be on the dark side this year, god knows what that will be like, but I am looking forward to it!

Diva Q
09-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Can't wait. I just need to get through 2 more comps first.

SmokeInDaEye
09-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Man. I wish I had the time and money to go back this year. Last year was something that I never would have imagined.

I kind of wish my video skills were a year advanced but I think these shots tell the AR story well:

Inside the AR: http://www.youtube.com/smokeindaeye#p/u/19/NeV8e-yNmfU

1-on-1 interviews: http://www.youtube.com/smokeindaeye#p/u/23/mpH4P_mMA30

My good friend winning the award of a lifetime: http://www.youtube.com/smokeindaeye#p/u/24/tubGEPgvvno

And my man Ray teaching the younger generation: http://www.youtube.com/smokeindaeye#p/u/22/XL-69cr-cTk

moocow
09-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Shane can't wait to see you guys there! Sticks-N-Chicks will be on the dark side this year, god knows what that will be like, but I am looking forward to it!
Looks like we are reversing rolls this year. I am glad we got moved over to lot B but it just won't be the same this year. It was nice being next to the Ice shot luge last year. I guess when you win a GC and get to do the invite you have to sacrifice a little partying.:sick:

Jorge
09-17-2010, 08:26 AM
It's my favorite event and it's killing me to miss it again this year. Safe travels and best of luck to all!

Red Valley BBQ
09-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Good luck to all the teams competing.:thumb: The wife and I will be there judging the Open, so maybe we'll run into a few of the Brethren.

Balls Casten
09-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Packing the trailer and taking inventory this weekend. :-P

Anyone putting together a parsley purchase? We’d buy in if you do.

Plowboy
09-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Friday evening Brethren picture and free beer at Plowboys camp. We'll be cooking brisket chili in a 30 gallon cast iron lard kettle.

Diva
09-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Better get my liver in shape :help:

moocow
09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Friday evening Brethren picture and free beer at Plowboys camp. We'll be cooking brisket chili in a 30 gallon cast iron lard kettle.
I don't know, its a long walk over there! Oh wait, its right next door this year.:doh:

Plowboy
09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't know, its a long walk over there! Oh wait, its right next door this year.:doh:

No soup for you!

KC_Bobby
09-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Shane, I'm bringing my bike for turn ins

Jorge
09-17-2010, 11:41 AM

I'd put wheels on the couch if I was you guys and ride in style!

SmokeInDaEye
09-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Just watched my plowboy victory video again and its amazing. If I ever buy a mac, I'm doing a hi def recut of that footage. The quality got f'd up in conversions.

Plowboy
09-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Just watched my plowboy victory video again and its amazing. If I ever buy a mac, I'm doing a hi def recut of that footage. The quality got f'd up in conversions.

I'd make it into a full length feature film, but I'm a little holier than thou. :drama:

Bigmista
09-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I can't wait! All the parties and the food and the friends and...oh wait...this is a bbq competition, huh?

Stoke&Smoke
09-17-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm jealous of all you bastages going! But sure hope everyone has a great time!

Dustaway
09-17-2010, 12:25 PM
It's my favorite event and it's killing me to miss it again this year. Safe travels and best of luck to all!

are we meeting along 45 again this year? the midnight rendezvous was special was hard to explian to the wife but I think she finally got over it:laugh:

I'd make it into a full length feature film, but I'm a little holier than thou. :drama:

we still love you Mr. Big Time :-D:laugh:

Will be on site early Thursday can't wait

KC_Bobby
09-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd put wheels on the couch if I was you guys and ride in style!

I still need to find a couch for this year.

Jorge
09-17-2010, 12:28 PM
are we meeting along 45 again this year? the midnight rendezvous was special was hard to explian to the wife but I think she finally got over it:laugh:

Let me check with ScottyD and see if he needs the hookup this year!:laugh: At least we did it in a gas station parking lot, instead of the rest area:shock:

RobKC
09-17-2010, 01:13 PM
I can't wait....will be a long 2 weeks.

Balls Casten
09-17-2010, 01:24 PM
I still need to find a couch for this year.

I have a whole sectional with hide away bed and recliner in it. Yours for free ... I mean a drink.
This is the original orthopedic couch ... when ever I had a bad hangover. I would lay on that couch and in two or three days my headache was gone just that quick. :sick:

Jorge
09-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I have a whole sectional with hide away bed and recliner in it. Yours for free ... I mean a drink.
This is the original orthopedic couch ... when ever I had a bad hangover. I would lay on that couch and in two or three days my headache was gone just that quick. :sick:

Can Don cook with a hernia after loading and unloading that beast?:becky:

Balls Casten
09-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Can Don cook with a hernia after loading and unloading that beast?:becky:

its orthopedic magic works on any ailment! But it does not fix stupid, thats why Im getting rid of it.

KC_Bobby
09-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Shane told me about a sweat FREE purple sectional here in town ... yeah, what the hell am I going to do with that? All I want is a POS (non-wrank/nasty) sofa - plaid pattern preferred.

A kool-aid stain, cigarette burn, kitty's scratch post - do not fear

Jorge
09-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Shane told me about a sweat FREE purple sectional here in town ... yeah, what the hell am I going to do with that? All I want is a POS (non-wrank/nasty) sofa - plaid pattern preferred.

Checked Goodwill?

moocow
09-17-2010, 02:55 PM
If you put it on a 30' chain you will only have to lock it up once!!!

moocow
09-17-2010, 02:58 PM

Please check it with a UV light before letting friends sit on it!:shock:

Plowboy
09-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Come get it out of my basement and it is YOURS!!!!!

Rick Hamilton
09-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Quick question for you AR veterans. Do I need to be concerned with putting up ropes or something around my site? I have heard storys of folks wandering in, messing with cookers, etc. Not other teams...just general folks enjoying a few drinks.

KC_Bobby
09-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Kinda depends on location, but mostly I'd say some fencing or rope is a good idea. Many teams use orange construction fence or yellow caution tape.

KC_Bobby
09-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Come get it out of my basement and it is YOURS!!!!!

I might do that. I'll have the toy hauler at Blue Springs lake this weekend - if OK I might plan on swinging by Sunday afternoon and load it in there.

I'll get in touch - I know you have scouts this weekend.

Scottie
09-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Quick question for you AR veterans. Do I need to be concerned with putting up ropes or something around my site? I have heard storys of folks wandering in, messing with cookers, etc. Not other teams...just general folks enjoying a few drinks.

My suggestion is yes... I'd look into 8' chainlink, with barbed wire on top...

Plowboy
09-17-2010, 03:57 PM
I might do that. I'll have the toy hauler at Blue Springs lake this weekend - if OK I might plan on swinging by Sunday afternoon and load it in there.

I'll get in touch - I know you have scouts this weekend.

Before 2pm or after 6pm.

Buster Dog BBQ
09-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I can't wait. Had this on the calendar as doing one way or another and it's going to work out.

Todd, you going to put up a web hub on the 4g?

KC_Bobby
09-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Rod, we'll toast to your health

Plowboy
09-17-2010, 04:32 PM
I can't wait. Had this on the calendar as doing one way or another and it's going to work out.

Todd, you going to put up a web hub on the 4g?

For sure. My 4g hub supports 5 users.

Also, anything you need, just ask.

Buster Dog BBQ
09-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Rod, we'll toast to your health
hell yeah. Although mine will have to be the n/a variety but that will be ok.

matthew burt
09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
hell yeah. Although mine will have to be the n/a variety but that will be ok.

APPLE JUICE?

Hope all is still going Well!

Sticks-n-chicks
09-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Looks like we are reversing rolls this year. I am glad we got moved over to lot B but it just won't be the same this year. It was nice being next to the Ice shot luge last year. I guess when you win a GC and get to do the invite you have to sacrifice a little partying.:sick:

You just have to come over and drink/watch/laugh with us...

smokincracker
09-18-2010, 12:14 PM
I can't wait! All the parties and the food and the friends and...oh wait...this is a bbq competition, huh?

Oman I can't wait!!!!! Everglades Seasoning BBQ Team will be driving out the Smokin' Cracker Battle Wagon. We should be rollin in Thur mid-day....

DMDon
09-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Oman I can't wait!!!!! Everglades Seasoning BBQ Team will be driving out the Smokin' Cracker Battle Wagon. We should be rollin in Thur mid-day....

Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmy, what spot r u in?

Captain Caveman
09-18-2010, 11:58 PM

We rope ours off to keep our kids IN. I can just imagine the havoc they could cause if they got out for 10-15 minutes.:shocked:

SMITTYtheSMOKER
09-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Another question for AR vets, are thier vendors or places to eat on site Friday?

moocow
09-19-2010, 09:32 AM
11 Days!!!!

Solidkick
09-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Just tell me that there will not be any Templeton Rye there this year......I gotta keep my focus! LOL

See everyone there!

Coz
09-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Another question for AR vets, are thier vendors or places to eat on site Friday?

When I was there 2 years ago there was lots of vendors.

Buster Dog BBQ
09-19-2010, 11:26 AM

There were vendors but I don't know what time they started. Not much for food places around there.

smokincracker
09-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmy, what spot r u in?

971, backed up to Phil and Mista:) oooops
I'd be good with a repeat, how bout u??? you OK wit dat...
Where u guys at this year?

smokincracker
09-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Just tell me that there will not be any Templeton Rye there this year......I gotta keep my focus! LOL

See everyone there!

Kick
We don't want to mess with the mojo so we will have Jack on hand:)

Rookie'48
09-19-2010, 07:50 PM

See everyone there!

Nice try Gary, but there's bound to be a bottle somewhere :twisted:.

Bigmista
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM
971, backed up to Phil and Mista:) oooops
I'd be good with a repeat, how bout u??? you OK wit dat...
Where u guys at this year?

How crazy is that?

moocow
09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
10 days!!!

Solidkick
09-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice try Gary, but there's bound to be a bottle somewhere :twisted:.
I was afraid of that....:doh:

Two Bears
09-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I wish I could go down there to see this, make sure you all take lots of pictures and post the up for us.

BBQ_Mayor
09-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Good luck and safe travels to everybody going to the royal this year. I hope to make it back someday.

chambersuac
09-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I can only dream of competing in the AR one day. I'm excited for you Brethren that are competing - and for those just going to visit.

I pray that you all have safe travels to and from the event - that you would be safe while there, and that those of you competing would be blessed with great success. May you all have great memories and enjoy the great company! God's richest blessings to you all!

Bellybro
09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Belly Caravan is heading out Thursday morning! Would like to be on site by 10 am but all depends on when Kick gets out of bed!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Do we need some sort of pass to be able to see Big Mista or do we have to wait in the autograph line like everyone else?!??!?!?!

moocow
09-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Belly Caravan is heading out Thursday morning! Would like to be on site by 10 am but all depends on when Kick gets out of bed!!!

Do we need some sort of pass to be able to see Big Mista or do we have to wait in the autograph line like everyone else?!??!?!?!
I hear it just requires a reach around! At least I hear that phrase every time his name is mentioned.

Lion Bout The Q
09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
anyone know how late the gates are open on wendsday nite?

Rub
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Oh I'm missing it already. You guys have a blast and upload photos so those of us not going can live through you (and avoid the hangovers :puke:)

smknwhlswife
09-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Just found out that my daughter's first 2 Volleyball games are Saturday morning of the Royal. :frown: So I will probably miss them, she might too unless I can find a friend to take her.

Solidkick
09-21-2010, 12:18 PM

OK...T always runs 30 minutes behind schedule and I drive 55...plan on 11:30.....but count on 2 PM......:bow:

KC_Bobby
09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow, only a week away from the big event.

moocow
09-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Wow, only a week away from the big event.
Bring it on "Big game Bob"! I am not sure but I think he might have given himself that name!:-P

Jorge
09-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Bring it on "Big game Bob"! I am not sure but I think he might have given himself that name!:-P

I'm worried about them. They won one, that wasn't big. Does that make a difference in their mojo?:shock::shock::shock::confused:

Bigmista
09-22-2010, 01:15 PM

Bring a bottle of Woodford Reserve and YOU can move to the front of the line.:twisted:

DMDon
09-22-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm worried about them. They won one, that wasn't big. Does that make a difference in their mojo?:shock::shock::shock::confused:

Its still all good. It may have been a smaller contest, but Bobby won it BIG. I think the difference between 1st and 2nd(Pellet Envy) was something like 25 pts. :-P

smokincracker
09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Don't Blame him I'd Stay in bed TOOO :)

dgassaway
09-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Bring a bottle of Woodford Reserve and YOU can move to the front of the line.:twisted:

I've got the Woodford packed already. What time will you be getting in?

smokincracker
09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Cookin Grant, FL FBA State Championship and final leg of the Triple Crown in Florida...this weekend. I'll be getting home on Sunday to Clean the Smokin' Cracker battle wagon..and then to work on Monday to get things in order for a week being absent. Tuesday we roll North from Sebring, FL around noon ish and up thru HotLLanta and Nashburg on to Columbia, Mo to hang out Wed night with some MOFO's...Then Thur morning off to KC and the American Royal..ooo man can't wait for that drive......

Jorge
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Cookin Grant, FL FBA State Championship and final leg of the Triple Crown in Florida...this weekend. I'll be getting home on Sunday to Clean the Smokin' Cracker battle wagon..and then to work on Monday to get things in order for a week being absent. Tuesday we roll North from Sebring, FL around noon ish and up thru HotLLanta and Nashburg on to Columbia, Mo to hang out Wed night with some MOFO's...Then Thur morning off to KC and the American Royal..ooo man can't wait for that drive......

Avoid the black Escalade, and trailer in tow. I love that guy like a brother, but.....just sayin:laugh:

Buster Dog BBQ
09-22-2010, 02:43 PM
So what was water situation last year? Did they have Gators to fill tanks on site?

BBQ_Mayor
09-22-2010, 02:47 PM
So what was water situation last year? Did they have Gators to fill tanks on site?

Yea, and they'll give you a list of numbers to call for water, charcoal, and what ever else they had.
I'd call now if you want the water to stop by some time during the weekend. SLOWWW!

Bellybro
09-22-2010, 02:54 PM

We need to caravan in on Thursday Am Where are you staying Wednesday night?

Bigmista
09-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I've got the Woodford packed already. What time will you be getting in?

I get to town Wednesday afternoon. Taking the judging class on Thursday morning.

moocow
09-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I know its a bit early and I may jinks us but it looks like 70s during the days and 50s for a low. Hope it holds out!

Smokin' Joe
09-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Yea, and they'll give you a list of numbers to call for water, charcoal, and what ever else they had.
I'd call now if you want the water to stop by some time during the weekend. SLOWWW!

Amen on that one....I called about 6 times for water on Saturday last year, on the six try they told me they would be stopping delivery soon and I would likely have to wait till morning...I had a fit like a three year old and had a gator in less than 5 minutes:redface::shock::becky: Break out the tantrum if you need to:thumb:

Coz
09-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I know its a bit early and I may jinks us but it looks like 70s during the days and 50s for a low. Hope it holds out!
I do know that my cooker jinx still is live in 2 states beside Wi I guess we will find out if it lives in KC. For the record I hope not but I am gettin used to cookin in the rain.

Buster Dog BBQ
09-22-2010, 08:47 PM
I do know that my cooker jinx still is live in 2 states beside Wi I guess we will find out if it lives in KC. For the record I hope not but I am gettin used to cookin in the rain.

Great, you and Big Creek. Should send rain bearing teams to draught stricken regions. Lol.

Coz
09-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Great, you and Big Creek. Should send rain bearing teams to draught stricken regions. Lol.

At least we are on the dark side so all you guys should be safe!

smknwhlswife
09-22-2010, 09:48 PM

I've peeked at the weather forecast for next week too. But, didn't want to post anything yet. It looks AWESOME!!! Now if it will just stay that way!!!

moocow
09-24-2010, 10:35 AM
I have plotted a large updated Royal map with all of the Brethren teams spots located on it. It will be posted in spot 907 so be sure to stop by if you need to find someone.
It came in pretty handy last year! 5 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Jorge
09-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Sending my wife to represent me at the Royal. Anybody have a spare parking pass for the Liberty Lot?

Plowboy
09-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Sending my wife to represent me at the Royal. Anybody have a spare parking pass for the Liberty Lot?

Sure wish you were coming, Jorge.

leanza
09-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Best wishes to you all. May you all have great fun and success! Cant wait to watch it all on the internet.

Jorge
09-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Parking Pass obtained, thanks to a generous member of the forum! Thanks!

Yakfishingfool
09-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Avoid the black Escalade, and trailer in tow. I love that guy like a brother, but.....just sayin:laugh:
Actually the white dodge quad cab long bed with cummins diesel and black trailer ;)

Smoke'n Ice
09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
I have an extra liberty park pass if anyone needs it.

Ron_L
09-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I just roasted 15 lbs of Roastin' Ronnie's Triple Threat Blend to bring to the Royal. Triple Threat Blend is coffees from Indonesia, Africa and South America. I also have a few bags of Red Sea Blend (2/3 Ethiopian, 1/3 Yemen) available.

$10/bag, whole bean. Please stop by space 868. Quantities are limited.

yelonutz
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I have an extra liberty park pass if anyone needs it.

Looks like I need one, how do we meet up? I'm on the road.

NUTZ

sfisch
09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Dang Ron,
from where you are and we are the coffee will be long gone by the time I get there!!

Scott

Jeff_in_KC
09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Ron, I'd be interested. When are you getting in?

WhiskeyBentBBQ
09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
We are looking forward to the trip this week. Pulling out of central Fl on early Tuesday morning. Staying Tuesday night in Nashville. Wednesday the plan is to finish up the second leg of the trip and pull into our hotel in KC on Wednesday night. We will be loading in when they open the gates Thursday morning.

We are in spot 78 so stop in and say hey when you make your rounds. We will be offering an apology in advance because Thursday night has the potential to prove where the name Whiskey Bent came from! Safe travels to all!

cgwaite
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
To everyone competing, or just attending, have a great time!. Wish I could make it!

Ron_L
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey Ron, I'd be interested. When are you getting in?

Thursday morning, fairly early. i think Walt and Theresa want to get there by 8:30 or so.

smokincracker
09-27-2010, 04:46 AM
We need to caravan in on Thursday Am Where are you staying Wednesday night?

Hampton Inn University
863-381-1530 cell

Diva Q
09-27-2010, 06:13 AM
We are leaving tonight. Trying to get as many hours on the road while the kids are sleeping. We should be pulling into KS on Wednesday morning. We are loaded up with Crown Royal, Jalapeno peanuts Canadian Bacon and a few other treats---Safe travels t everyone. We are looking forward to it.

Balls Casten
09-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Anyone making a parsley purchase?
We’d buy in if ya have extra.

moocow
09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
IT'S FREAKING ROYAL WEEK!!!!! Safe travels to everyone! As the hundreds of Missouri flashing road construction signs say "Drive Smart - Arrive Alive"!!

smknwhlswife
09-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Sunny
76 Lo 57
Hist. Avg
74 Lo 52

Oct 1
Sunny
73 Lo 53
Hist. Avg
74 Lo 52

Sunny
74 Lo 50
Hist. Avg
74 Lo 51

Sunny
71 Lo 51
Hist. Avg
73 Lo 51

This is from accuweather.com. The only difference the local weather stations say is that Sat & Sun will be highs in the 60s with lows in the upper 40s. Bring the blankets!

rweller
09-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Sunny
76 Lo 57
Hist. Avg
74 Lo 52

Oct 1
Sunny
73 Lo 53
Hist. Avg
74 Lo 52

Sunny
74 Lo 50
Hist. Avg
74 Lo 51

Sunny
71 Lo 51
Hist. Avg
73 Lo 51

This is from accuweather.com. The only difference the local weather stations say is that Sat & Sun will be highs in the 60s with lows in the upper 40s. Bring the blankets!

Perfect fall/BBQ weather. Lets hope it doesn't change between now and then.

BBQchef33
09-27-2010, 09:08 AM
We are leaving in the morning! been a crazy week prepping for the trip. 5 solid days getting trailer ready and im bushed.

now we see if we can get the pictures of welcome signs this time around. Scotts allteady making rules for the 1300 mile road trip. No belting out show tunes and no farting with the windows closed.

Im practicing for both.

:)

Jorge
09-27-2010, 09:12 AM
We are leaving in the morning! been a crazy week prepping for the trip. 5 solid days getting trailer ready and im bushed.

now we see if we can get the pictures of welcome signs this time around. Scotts allteady making rules for the 1300 mile road trip. No show tunes and no farting with the windows closed.

Im practicing for both.

:)

Note to self: Wife must avoid site 918, and my balding Italian Grandma Phil.:shock:

Edit: Phil, if you change my ringtone to some really obnoxious show tune I could call at irregular intervals without violating the edicts from the Family Truckster driver.

Bigmista
09-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Change my ringtone to Mahna Mahna and I will call every hour!

Jorge
09-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Change my ringtone to Mahna Mahna and I will call every hour!

You have to spend a weekend with Scott. You are a brave man.

worthsmokin
09-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know if the fire permits on the tents over 200 sq ft are strictly enforced?

Westexbbq
09-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Happy trails to all who are going this year.
Have fun and stay safe.
"Curtain up,
light the lights........"

Jorge
09-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know if the fire permits on the tents over 200 sq ft are strictly enforced?

Pretty much. In the past some folks have been able to agree to mail a check. I've heard second hand stories that, that approach didn't fly in recent years. Others may be able to offer more accurate firsthand experience. Life is a lot easier with a 10x20, or multiple smaller canopies.

KC_Bobby
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM

Yes, the KCFD is in full effect (or is that affect) during the event - and for good cause. With the many different fires, straw and vehicles so close to each other, the FD is doing due diligence.

Two years ago the team next to me had teenagers throwing straw on an open fire pit and getting flames well over 10' high near what I can only estimate was 150 bales. I called security - things could have gotten really ugly really fast.

Smoke'n Ice
09-27-2010, 06:10 PM
For what it is worth! Went on price line and bid $50 for a 3 or above hotel in kc near Kemper arena and got a res at the Crown Plaza Downtown (1.6 miles awar) for Thursday night. will get a good nights sleep in a 5 star for a 1 star rate. Don't ask don't get.:-D

musicmanryann
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes, the KCFD is in full effect (or is that affect) during the event - and for good cause. With the many different fires, straw and vehicles so close to each other, the FD is doing due diligence.

Two years ago the team next to me had teenagers throwing straw on an open fire pit and getting flames well over 10' high near what I can only estimate was 150 bales. I called security - things could have gotten really ugly really fast.

Are you sure you aren't talking about the Iowa Regional Brethren Bash Sunday night of last year?? :bow:

Diva Q
09-27-2010, 07:05 PM
For what it is worth! Went on price line and bid $50 for a 3 or above hotel in kc near Kemper arena and got a res at the Crown Plaza Downtown (1.6 miles awar) for Thursday night. will get a good nights sleep in a 5 star for a 1 star rate. Don't ask don't get.:-D

We are getting a couple of really awesome rooms. Full amenities, deluxe accomodations entertainment nightly, International attractions, playsite, plus access to BBQ`s and local shopping. Just down the road from the Royal. We are bringing the owners Crown Royal, Rum and some cigars. I really think we are getting the better end of the deal.

Buster Dog BBQ
09-27-2010, 08:55 PM
I know some of you are dropping off Wednesday. Any idea how late you can drop off? Also can you stay down there Wed night? Haven't read anyone doing so.

smknwhlswife
09-27-2010, 09:19 PM
I know some of you are dropping off Wednesday. Any idea how late you can drop off? Also can you stay down there Wed night? Haven't read anyone doing so.

Don't think they will shut gates all night, so you could get there anytime and I'm sure you could stay there, but you won't have power.

bbqpitstop
09-27-2010, 09:29 PM
We are getting a couple of really awesome rooms. Full amenities, deluxe accomodations entertainment nightly, International attractions, playsite, plus access to BBQ`s and local shopping. Just down the road from the Royal. We are bringing the owners Crown Royal, Rum and some cigars. I really think we are getting the better end of the deal.

I think she's talking about Kim and Andy's place....lol

KC_Bobby
09-27-2010, 09:57 PM

Don't think they will shut gates all night, so you could get there anytime and I'm sure you could stay there, but you won't have power.

What Kim said. There will be a few handful of teams down there Wednesday night.

Rookie'48
09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm getting my stuff ready, just put the Templeton in the freezer :becky:. I'll be rolling in around 5 or 6 Thursday evening & staying 'till Monday morning.

worthsmokin
09-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Hello All,
I posted about the fire permit. I talked to them today they said they will not accept cash on site but they will take a check.

Another question: Is the Price Chopper Tent going to be there? I didnt see it on the map.

Thanks,
Becky

Diva
09-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Hello All,
I posted about the fire permit. I talked to them today they said they will not accept cash on site but they will take a check.

Another question: Is the Price Chopper Tent going to be there? I didnt see it on the map.

Thanks,
Becky

I spoke with the gentleman that runs the Price Chopper tent, NEGATIVE. No Price Chopper tent this year.

KC_Bobby
09-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Bummer. Wonder if Sam's will have produce.

Smoke'n Ice
09-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Sam's does not carry parsley or green leaf normally. It can be special ordered if you talk nice and develope a relationship with the store manager. STRICTLY plutonic.

Diva Q
09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
We are less than 2 hours away we ended up driving all night and we had zero problems even at the border we sailed thru

Salt Creek Bar-B-Que
09-29-2010, 09:11 AM
This is my first royal go around and will be pulling in Friday morning. this may sound stupid but what entrance do we come in at? The map they have on arbbq.com drives me nuts as it doesn't sit north and south like it should. Will we pull in gate A? Also I don't have room on my site to leave my truck, so I need to take it out to the liberty lot, is this common or a pain in the a$$?

Jorge
09-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Being in Lot B I've always used the gate at the end of Wyoming. If you are in lot A then gate A may work better for you. You should have a contact # in your packet where you can get the official answer.

Your vehicle has to be out by 3 PM on Friday. There is usually a little shuttle running from the Liberty lot back to the grounds. It's not that much of a hassle.

KC_Bobby
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Dropping off our trailer tonight! Then back home to continue chicken prep and pack coolers.

I'll be back out there Thursday after work for the duration.

KnucklHed BBQ
09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Flying out of Kalispell today at 2pm! (uber excited mod)
Hopefully Mr. Jonny Rotisserie will remember to pick my sorry arse up! :-P

Look forward to meeting some of ya's at the potluck!

Ry

SmokeInDaEye
09-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Wish I was on a plane today too! Gonna miss all of the good times, including Plowboys and Boondoggle fighting to keep their crowns!

Dug up Todd's victory march video for the blog today in honor of all of you competing...

http://blog.smokeindaeye.com/2010/09/29/winning-the-american-royal-invitational.aspx

Jeff_in_KC
09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
The only work left is what my wife is currently finishing up... trimming her ribs! All the other meat for both comps is trimmed and buried in ice, van and smoker trailer loaded and ready to pull out in the morning. I gotta get some things done at work for about four or five hours then off to the Royal around lunch time! I'm finally excited for it!

Sticks-n-chicks
09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Dropped off the trailer and heading back up in the morning to set up camp...I mean fix a bloody and then set up camp.

Safe travels...

moocow
09-29-2010, 10:28 PM
10 HOURS UNTIL THE AMERICAN ROYAL!!! Time to go to bed, tomorrow brings one of my favorite weekends of the whole year! Pulling in around 8:30 in the morning, look forward to seeing everyone!!

KC_Bobby
09-29-2010, 11:17 PM
The clock won't be able to move fast enough for me tomorrow - I'm working all day. I just finished packing, the trailer is on site. If anyone's around tomorrow evening, I could use a hand getting the smokers out so I can make room to sleep.

monty3777
09-29-2010, 11:20 PM
The clock won't be able to move fast enough for me tomorrow - I'm working all day. I just finished packing, the trailer is on site. If anyone's around tomorrow evening, I could use a hand getting the smokers out so I can make room to sleep.

As always, Jeff will be glad to help:becky:

He left at 10 tonight. I'm starting to get jealous...

ModelMaker
09-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Me very sad.
WILL fix next year.
Ed