PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010 Jack Draw Results

Pages : 1 [2]

Meat@Slim's
09-10-2010, 05:09 AM
I'll let it go too, but ponder this as we all move on to the Jack celebrations... Harry was not considered in any of the state draws where he won his GCs. So, by withdrawing he got screwed twice on this one... just take a minute to put yourself in those shoes...

It is too bad that this happened. However he did not get screwed. He did this to himself. He cost himself the draws by knowingly listing a non qualifying event which he openly discussed for months before the application.

The other side of this is that I will bet that Harry comes back next Jack Year with 10 GC's under his belt.

Kosmo's Q
09-10-2010, 06:00 AM
So do I need rain boots? :roll:

Butcher BBQ
09-10-2010, 06:35 AM

Yes more than likely, also remember to take it all in. It will be over before you realize it and you will be driving home. So stop and walk around a few time and enjoy the community.

JD McGee
09-10-2010, 08:50 AM

It's Tennessee Brother...go barefoot! :twisted:

Smokesman
09-10-2010, 10:10 AM
The other side of this is that I will bet that Harry comes back next Jack Year with 10 GC's under his belt.

Well put!

Right or wrong Harry did what he had to do under the circumstances and should be commended for it. He will certainly be there next year and I wouldn't be surprised if he is an automatic. Go get 'em Harry. Next year's Jack starts now!

DawgPhan
09-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Well put!

Right or wrong Harry did what he had to do under the circumstances and should be commended for it. He will certainly be there next year and I wouldn't be surprised if he is an automatic. Go get 'em Harry. Next year's Jack starts now!

Why should he be commended? He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar..when he took it out and left the cookies we should be thanking him?

Secondly, he didnt do what anyone else would do. I wouldn't complain about a category not counting towards the grand when I was told at the cooks meeting and during the awards that it wouldnt. I suspect that not many people would.

Nothing he did from the time that Grand trophy and check were handed to Garry to now has been honorable. The idea that we should be celebrating his courage to "do the right thing" makes me want to puke. He might be a great dude and I love that he cooks and wins on webers but he talked someone else out of a deserved grand and then lied to try and sneak into the World Championship. Everyone with an invite, past, present and future should be glad that he withdrew.

Smokesman
09-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Why should he be commended? He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar..when he took it out and left the cookies we should be thanking him?

Secondly, he didnt do what anyone else would do. I wouldn't complain about a category not counting towards the grand when I was told at the cooks meeting and during the awards that it wouldnt. I suspect that not many people would.

Nothing he did from the time that Grand trophy and check were handed to Garry to now has been honorable. The idea that we should be celebrating his courage to "do the right thing" makes me want to puke. He might be a great dude and I love that he cooks and wins on webers but he talked someone else out of a deserved grand and then lied to try and sneak into the World Championship. Everyone with an invite, past, present and future should be glad that he withdrew.

BALONEY!!! To each their own! Agree to disagree! Whatever cliche you want to enter here I am moving on and am done with this thread. No matter where you stand I agree with Jorge - this whole thing has taken some of the pleasure out of BBQ. And that is unfortunate!

MilitantSquatter
09-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Mod Note : This thread is being locked.

The issue has been resolved between the parties involved.

Any additional comments/opinions about these parties involved do not serve the thread or forum well.