PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from High Point

bittertruth
08-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Hello all. Bittertruths the name and Beer and (recently ) smoking are what i am about. I have been making my own beer for about seven years and decided to find another hobby that i could do and drink at the same time. What could be more natural than Q'ing. I just recently purchased a Bandera and am getting to know it little by little. I have been collecting the info on this site and using it to my advantage, and it has been a great help. So thanks to you all, your knowledge has been indespensible.

jt
08-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Glad to have you! There's a lot of knowledge here so ask if you got any questions and post if you got answers!

MikeG
08-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Glad to have you with us.
Hope you enjoy the site...give and take,
thats what its about..post and be
a part.
Welcome
Mikeg

Bigmista
08-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Welcome BT!

Glad to have you aboard. Tell us about some of your Mods and some of your recipes!!

If you're gonna take, you gotta give!!

:lol:

kcquer
08-19-2004, 04:35 PM
bt, welcome Brother. Let us know how your mods are coming and what's cooking.

Trout_man22
08-19-2004, 06:25 PM
BT your borther from the north of the south bids you welcome.

Trout

BigBelly
08-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey, it's the fella that was so kind to buy me my Bandera and house her till I was able to pick it up!

Glad you found the site and are opening up the channels of communication--let the information start a flowin'! This here is a great bunch of fellers!

BTW - we need to talk shop on this here beer brewing. I would love to start this hobby up sooner or later.

cookswithfire
08-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Beer Brewing and BBQing they just fit! Welcome Brother
I am going to attempt to do both this weekend with out ruining either.
I wonder if wort would be a good substitute in the water pan?
This site is the best for BBQ info and advice
Cheers

BigBelly
08-21-2004, 06:48 PM
How that brisket come out this Friday? Did you try that rub I gave you on any meat? What ya think?

Arlin_MacRae
08-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Another brewer - woot! :)

What's your signature brew, bro? I was out of it for several years and have started back in. My next batch will be a smoked raspberry porter and I'm going to combine these two loves and smoke my own grain. Wish me luck!

Arlin

Neil
08-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the brotherhood. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know.

bittertruth
08-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Another brewer - woot! :)

What's your signature brew, bro? I was out of it for several years and have started back in. My next batch will be a smoked raspberry porter and I'm going to combine these two loves and smoke my own grain. Wish me luck!

Arlin

With a name like bittertruth it has to be India Pale Ale, and the name is "Bittertruth IPA". I do wish you luck on the smoking of your own grain. I imagine it will take alot of attention to get it right.

bittertruth
08-25-2004, 04:03 PM
How that brisket come out this Friday? Did you try that rub I gave you on any meat? What ya think?

BB, the brisket turned out great. all due to the imparted knowledge of yourself and the brothers on this site. I did not use the rub you gave me yet. there wasn't enough of it to do two briskets and six chickens so i made up my own, involving brn sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, dried chilies (chipoltle & poblano), thyme, and cumin. It was all good.
I am going to use your rub next on a Butt when i get a chance.